Jack Monroe #40 Implies David Walliams takes coke, jumps bandwagons to stay woke.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was this whole DW thing pre-planned? šŸ¤”
I've wondered this, and it realllllly seems like it might have been. Then thought it couldn't possibly have been, given those frenzied, type first think later tweets. I picture SB happily coming home and mentioning the latest books and she's snatched it off him, flicked through and thought bleeping BINGO mate let's go and grabbed her phone(s)

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Just caught up after yet another GL marathon! Have to admit, when I saw how many pages were ahead of me my 1st thought was ā€œstrap in, Jacks off again.ā€ Expected a typical jackesque prang, not a multiple car pileup!

As DW and his team are being very quiet, I wonder if thatā€™s got to do with them consulting legal expertises over the situation? Also, someone earlier mentioned DM Unusually moderating comments, that could also be down to possible legal action in progress.

Complete irony after the KH case, and this time you wonderful Cabal have receipts so if there is a deleting spree on Twitter, posts are preserved here.

Very intrigued to see how this unfolds, so glad I have a couple of days off to observe in real time!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm starting to wonder that myself. He is an easy target at the moment having come under fire recently for his other work and I agree it is definitely racist and he should be called out. They way Jack has done it though is almost identical to the Jamie Oliver saga and as per usual lacking in evidence. Tweet some slightly indignant thoughts/opinions to garner support. Then tweet something much more inflammatory and enjoy/encourage a pile on with vile comments including violence. Then swiftly delete and act contrite/slightly daft/ blame it on condition 534 and somehow after rolling in all that tit she comes out smelling of roses. On the surface at least. Scratch it and we will find the Tattle threads, Lime Goss article and followers little by little deserting their former heroine.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Seeing as we're going there, vom in a cute lil jar too x welcome to the thread though @doop and other newcomers.
I feel so bad for the poor digital/social media execs who had to photoshop the living ephrema out of that to make it even look that palatable (it still isn't).

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I donā€™t think most of what she does is planned, if she is officially called out for it I.e. by his agent I bet sheā€™ll cite being out of it on some kind of meds for her ā€œouchy mouth ā€œ

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Lurker here šŸ™‹šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø First time posting on this thread!
This is exactly what I thought. How can she claim sheā€™s not going after him but give personal attacks?
the same way she can say sheā€™s never had any other cats before when she has but she meant she doesnā€™t have any others now

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just saw this and am admitting my ignorance. Is "bootstrap" considered racist?

View attachment 173872
Personally I've always considered it quite.....a tory......thing to say? Like pulling yourself up by the bootstraps absolves the state/society of responsibility for the systemic injustices that land people in tit positions in the first place, and if you do manage to 'bootstrap' yourself to success (saying this as someone who has completely done just that) it's largely due to privileges you have, and luck? It's not something to be proud of, like everyone deserves a decent life regardless of how much bootstrapping they did or didn't do. It's always made me feel uncomfortable but again, she likely grew up in a home where her parents held those sorts of beliefs considering their gr8 financial position?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Ok Iā€™ve finished the last thread, some thoughts -

Well.

I think my favourite part is her saying itā€™s a parents responsibility to monitor what they read but SB had already read loads of them. Not great monitoring there then Jack!

The coke insinuation was awful. Funny sheā€™s happy to discuss things face to face with him but that GIF has been removed.. šŸ¤”
ā€œAs far as I can see no one has brought him in to this conversationā€. Really Jack? Did you really think nobody would tag him or that he would see it somehow?

@Silver Linings screenshot and replier to GIF extraordinaire šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼

@Icing_on_the_cake I used to love the Babysitters Club books. I didnā€™t realise there was a series, will give it a go!

ā€œIā€™m meant to proof read every book he brings home?ā€ Eh? Yes, you literally just said that as a parent, thatā€™s your job!!

@MancBee ā¤

On to this thread now!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Bloody hell, I logged off at 1am and back 6-8am. Just Grunkaā€™d to the this new thread. Itā€™s STILL going on?! Ha ha!! Only 11 pages to catch up...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
the same way she can say sheā€™s never had any other cats before when she has but she meant she doesnā€™t have any others now
Exactly. By her logic, Jack Monroe has never:
  • Been on holiday
  • Had more than one cat
  • Been nasty to anyone on twitter

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I feel so bad for the poor digital/social media execs who had to photoshop the living ephrema out of that to make it even look that palatable (it still isn't).
Those carrot cake oats šŸ¤¢

To paraphrase Moira (so sorry another Schitts ref):
ā€˜Liquid stinkā€™

• Haha
  • Sick
There's a barrel of wasps emerging on Twitter right now. Absolutely nothing to do with the original tweets, apart from the person they're about.

If there is any truth in them, nobody's going to be interested in a would be cook ranting about books and cocaine.

• Wow
Delighted to see that a prolific Twitter leftie is also utterly sick of Jack and her shite.

Screenshot_20200706_165152.jpg

Screenshot_20200706_165213.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Personally I've always considered it quite.....a tory......thing to say? Like pulling yourself up by the bootstraps absolves the state/society of responsibility for the systemic injustices that land people in tit positions in the first place, and if you do manage to 'bootstrap' yourself to success (saying this as someone who has completely done just that) it's largely due to privileges you have, and luck? It's not something to be proud of, like everyone deserves a decent life regardless of how much bootstrapping they did or didn't do. It's always made me feel uncomfortable but again, she likely grew up in a home where her parents held those sorts of beliefs considering their gr8 financial position?
I swear I read somewhere that she chose Bootstrap for that very reason. It's meant to be a dig at the Tories telling people to pull themselves up by their bootstraps in addition to being similar to 'shoestring' I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@heretoreaditall2019 I completely agree re Tory undertones to the 'bootstrap' phrasing. It's an easy way to disregard the actual societal disadvantages/privileges people face from the moment they're born.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.