Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I’ve lost track of who ICO squig is, does anyone know if she’s chimed in on the coroners info discussion on twitter yet?

Reactions: 15

GoLando

VIP Member
Slight tangent but Simon Harris is another of Jack's big account fans (47k followers so not squiggled). Thought I read on here he's also a bit of a grifter. He set up the Southend News satirical site and runs a fair few FB groups (like the angry people in newspapers one). Anyway here he is, true to form, blowing smoke up Jack's arse.

View attachment 1580319
He does APILN??? That’s it, I am unsubbing.

Whaa?

VIP Member
Yes @Valiofthedolls found a post on here about the Edinburgh talk where she mentioned the weekly ONS meetings.
As mysterious as her weekly foodbank volunteering sessions.
Is that the Book Festival talks? She did two and the site is still up offering access to them for pay what you like. It asks you to register to continue but then gives an option to continue without registering. Didn't a few people from here listen to it and give a commentary?

ClaretFairy

VIP Member
Jack, you can't cook and claim you can feed a family for £20 a week.

What are food tech lessons like these days? Mine (year 7-9) were making cookies, sandwiches and salads. GCSE was entirely desserts. I obviously don't love the "poor people just don't know how to cook" narrative but if parents don't have the time/money then it would be helpful for kids to learn to make actual meals in school.

View attachment 1580223
Problem is, schools don’t have the money either

• Sad

Helatruralhome

I'm sure I've seen this before

eta, oh yeah, just noticed it's from march
The article appeared in their latest newsletter- I find it funny how apt the comment is as although it's meant to be satire supporting Jack it does make some points which really sum her up...

Reactions: 14

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
I don't know how these things work - but would an application of FOI to the BBC cover if certain people had been asked to appear on Strictly?

(Actually I'm serious 😂 Quite happy to make the enquiry).
There's no harm in asking, but they might cite commercial interests or something...I dunno.

Reactions: 14

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
I can't go and buy refreshments because my card has been blocked thanks to some bastards trying to use it for a fraudulent transaction and this is SO UNFAIR! I want wine while I watch the chaos!

(It's fine, the bank recognised it wasn't me immediately and blocked it so I didn't lose money. But I lost the opportunity for drunk chaos observing, which some might say is worse)
Sending virtual win-os
Thoughts and prayers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13