Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
In the replies to Martin Lewis’s tweet. Spoilering because it’s just too good so I want to do
094E8C0F-4048-4FED-BCE0-CF43BCDDFC4A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 126

colouredlines

VIP Member
Finally caught up after falling waaay behind at the start of August (bad timing to be busy in real life).

A few quick things that caught my attention -

1) There is no evidence whatsoever that the dog lives with SB's dad. I've talked about this before. Some Tattlers keep insisting the dog only appears when SB does. This is objectively false. Conversely, there is plenty of evidence to support the fact that the dog is Jack's, from the photo of a very young puppy on public transport to the stupid name to Spaniel Friend's numerous tweets making it crystal clear that Jack owns the dog. Has Jack spent far more time away from home than a responsible pet owner would? Yes, but Jack has long been established as an irresponsible pet owner. This ongoing conspiracy theory is just wishful thinking. What's more, when people say "ah don't worry, it's not her dog" they are providing an excuse for Jack's irresponsibility and terrible pet ownership.

2) There is no evidence that Jack's father is giving her a home, that Jack will be renting from her father, or that Jack has bought her own home to move into. We do know that Jack's father did not provide her with a home when she was going through the Poverty, when she abruptly moved back to Southend after being dumped by Allegra, when bailiffs broke into her house, when she had to move in a hurry due to a stalker, or when she started spending 94% of her salary on rent after Louisa LEFT. We also know that Jack is stupid, impulsive, and prone to spending huge amounts of time performatively doing things that are entirely useless. Planning a kitchen based on floorplans of random 1-bedroom apartments she's found online fits that perfectly. Until she actually moves, we have no concrete information.

Don't want to thread-police, but...baseless conspiracy theories are easy to ignore, but not when they're being repeated as gospel 10000000 times. Plus, there are some real journalists (not disgruntled ex-Tattlers) taking an interest in things now, so facts matter more than ever. 🔺️👀 Signed, a survivor of "Jack is being evicted in February 2021", "Harold doesn't exist", "Jack only went to a foodbank once", "Jack's landlady is actually Big Dave or another family member" etc etc.

3) People tying themselves in knots looking for "a grain of truth" or "tricksy wording" etc etc. Don't bother - Jack has no issue openly, directly lying, usually telling more lies when called on it. See: Georgia Church Suppers; "I've only ever had one cat"; "I'm sober" throughout 2020; gin; coriander; "I'm not exactly using my degree" etc etc. I can point to direct, provable lies as far back as 2012, including in her magnum opus Hunger Hurts. One of the things that makes Jack so fascinating is that much of her nonsense has no grain of truth at all, she just makes shit up constantly. She claimed to be intersex on Mumsnet FFS!

When we talk about tricksy wording, we are also providing excuses for some of her more outrageous lies. A good example is this: every time Jack's sex work claim rear its ugly head, someone will pop up to say, "tricksy Jack! She probably had a sugar daddy/worked on a sex line etc." No. Jack claimed DIRECTLY that she was a prostitute in the year 2013. This is clearly a complete and utter falsehood - she got a full-time job as a reporter on the Southend Echo in February '13, then signed her first book deal (worth 25.000£) a couple of months later. No tricksy wording, no grain of truth, just a barefaced lie.

4) If @Marmalade Atkins says something, believe her. She has the receipts.

Now off to fall behind again as I'm BUSY next week.

PS thank you very Marmalade much Marmalade for cheering me on. Grunking gets easier when you ignore every post that's just screenshots of random people on Twitter saying "I do/don't like Jack Monroe".

028FA094-341E-45CE-9D4A-0D49A2CEECD7 (2).png

20210326_154028.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 122

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
This is (sort of) off topic even though it’s on topic so I’m going to spoiler, also cos of length. I was curious about something so went for a little look
We’ve been flying through threads, so I went painstakingly, softly gently for a FORENSIC look through the thread titles/timings to see quite how much we’ve been getting through.

Fraus, this is the FIFTIETH new thread since July 29th when 345 started. That is 48 days ago. 50 new threads in 48 days, my tender ones.

It’s the 100th new thread since April 26th when 295 started (141 days ago)

Thread 235 opened on NYE and closed at the beginning of the year, so since 1 Jan we have had ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE new threads

To put this in context, 2021 the first new thread was 126 and it ended with thread 235, so in the full year 106 threads.

Jack’s threads started on NYD 2020 and 2020 ended with thread 125, so 125 new threads

Fellow ninnies, here is my
THE CHAOS IS INTENSIFYING
C84CAB70-0C08-4040-A31F-CC3AE40E0F8F.gif
No wonder we’re all EXHAUSTED

Also, congratulations 🥇 🏆 to dearest @Jay-cloth Cow whose Harold tea is the most liked Jack Monroe thread post EVER!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 122

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I’m a few pages behind but I will say this.

There’s a guy, he part owned a Chinese takeaway and went on his own six weeks ago to open his own fish & chips shop in a small mining village where poverty is rife. He prices his food well (cod loin & chips for £6), and this week he got a gas bill for one month for over £2,500. He told me over the month he’s made £9,000 and by the time he takes out his costs, the food, he’s left with about £500 for himself. He’s made the decision it’s not financially worth it to stay open and is closing the business.
So no, Jack does not shout on behalf of people, she doesn’t even know this kind of thing is going on and local people are closing their local business because it’s just unaffordable. Jack Monroe cares about Jack Monroe. She disgusts me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 119

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-09-16 10.34.35.png

Obviously there is no evidence to suggest that OJ would kill you for disagreeing with this but there is no evidence he wouldn't. Please be careful and follow the Tattle rules at all times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118

HodgeSplodge

Slight tangent but Simon Harris is another of Jack's big account fans (47k followers so not squiggled). Thought I read on here he's also a bit of a grifter. He set up the Southend News satirical site and runs a fair few FB groups (like the angry people in newspapers one). Anyway here he is, true to form, blowing smoke up Jack's arse.

Screenshot_20220915-140823_Twitter~2.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 117

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Please do let us know, Jack, where you donated all this cash that people gave you under the false pretence it was for legal fees. The last time I checked Jack Monroe was not a registered charity.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 14.35.11.png

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 14.38.53.png

Bringing over my screenshot from the previous thread as this is important.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 13.45.25.png

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 13.45.29.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 112