Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I've seen versions online with veg added and it just doesn't work. The beauty is in the simplicity and the unusual-yet-addictive flavour. Add veg and all you'll taste is the veg. Urgh.
It’s a gentle eat I’m veggie so I only had that version and tbh I don’t love it, but I can see the appeal. Hot, salty, creamy, savoury with a bit of rice floating in it. And chicken if you eat that.

Reactions: 16

Captainmouse

VIP Member
It's funny I came to this thread to share some local gossip I heard earlier than her dad's the leaseholder of a new cafe/heritage centre in the shoebury garrison (posh housing estate on a former army base) and here you all are talking about Mr h anyway
Spill that ☕, is this where thumberlina is off to? Her ickle smol flat

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I am waiting for Jack to be on, wondering if she has been bumped or is trolling. It's all about the funeral. What can be asked that is Jack adjacent?

I think I'd rather have Jack than the three singing women from the coffin queue.

N'aawwwh, where's Jack at?! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Just Lou

Chatty Member
She dyed her entire wardrobe black FFS!
Oh did she?! That must have been before my time.

I thought she'd dyed all her clothes black? Should have plenty of choice then!

Also on the MD thing - my company has about one million MDs (I exaggerate of course) most senior client facing staff are MDs or directors to make them sound fancy. She probably sat next to a sales guy.
Yeah most large companies have loads of MDs (or VPs but Brits tend to say MD anyway).

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Nurseali

VIP Member
I’d like to see her getting snippy with the judges “You thought my quickstep was a bit stompy? The trolling I get on this hellscape reality show, do you literally want me to stop breathing?”
Had to change my post as the word g i m p is disliked 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 14

mackjonroe

Oh wow today is going to be wild. What is the next step for publishing this online? I’m so pleased work is quiet today. EXCITED SQUEAK.

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I missed being able to say this on the last thread, so apols for the off topic.
No idea how to spoiler. Also sorry.
Pretend this is under a spoiler, ok?

Jack (presumably) isn't Jewish, but she IS part Greek-Cypriot.
My personal old Harold is of the G-C variety, and we often make a very classic Greek-Cypriot soup, Avgolemono, that's the G-C version of the 'make you better' Chicken Soup that many cultures seem to have developed.

Why didn't Jack make that, rather than butcher a Jewish recipe?
(It's just chicken (with bones, skin and fat- so either a whole chicken or wings/ drumsticks) boiled, strained, remove the meat and put aside, cook white rice in the chicken stock water, let cool slightly, add whisked (whole) egg/s and some lemon juice and salt to taste, serve.
It's delicious, cheap, easy and great for when you're ill. (This is the family version of the recipe, which varies from region to region/ family to family.))

Seems easier, cheaper and less culturally-appropriative, but hey, this isn't a rational person we're talking about here, I suppose. 🤷‍♀️
Grunkaing, so probably already been said, but Jack has been known to do avgolemono* Her latest version included broccoli and cauliflower I think. It was on the list of horrors that gave us the blue cheese, chicken liver, black pudding and lentil lasagna.

*ETA, meaning, I think it's safest if she leaves it alone!

• Haha
  • Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
What in the name of our Lord did I see earlier in this thread? I do not want to see her righteous, griftin' kebab at this ungodly hour*. Cannae afford drawers now? 🤣

*Any time of day, week, month, lifetime
Content stole them, so now she's making content 🤢

• Haha