Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sioc

View attachment 1561625

Oh squig, if Jack Monroe was in my kitchen menacing me with five courses I would never run out of things to moan about though I'd probably prioritse shooing her out with my big garden brush and safely and responsibly disposing of any slops. I garden for wildlife and there are a lot of birdos and animalos who could be harmed by carelessly tossed slop.
5 courses! Honestly can you imagine. Cruel and unusual punishment by any standards

Send in the UN'os

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
Technically she was part of the ATS during the second World War but I take your point
I genuinely think the Queen has worked much harder than Jack. She has lived a life of huge privilege and luxury but I would say she’s “worked”, in terms of putting in a lot of energy, time, courtesy and social effort that she probably didn’t want to. Jack is absolutely bone idle and makes it worse by being petulant and hostile.

• Heart

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
It’s always easy to spot a narcissist by a misplaced belief that every event of note requires their input.

• Heart

Saltfish84

Well as there is fuck all on telly now and won’t be FOR WEEKS, I guess I’ll be here ( coz I was very busy being elsewhere before 🫣) mercilessly grunking.

Also, I keep liking funny posts and they all seem to be by Jenny Bastard Numbers so now I’m like some demented super fan. A Tattle Flying Monkey in the making…

@jenny2603 thanks for all you do (etc)

• Haha
  • Heart

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Living for your transformation into Miss Marple over this tbh. May it be her downfall (or yet another stage of it).
It’s all there. Everything. No wonder she hates Tattle. She Is frightened to death of us. TBF, I don’t blame her
A578D19D-9E7F-43E1-9B8B-C56C2C860DEE.jpeg

I think we know Jack. No need to explain it to us

• Heart
  • Haha

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Put a pin in this one Fraus. We will revisit it later. BTW, the Anderson threads are absolutely hilarious
460A9BF2-4F5E-4F85-AFE9-786E852F87BA.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
If Jack shagged Elizabeth Windsor it wouldn’t take a week before she was moaning about a lack of space in Buck Palace and negging on her

• Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
Morning Canal, a quick question.
Has Jack ever done a shout-out for any of the 'Fostering' Charities?
Especially the ones where they collect bags, suitcases and rucksacks so the poor kids don't just have all their worldly goods in a bin bag?
You'd think she'd be into that if children appeared and disappeared from her world during the night.
She's co-parented 100 children. Do you literally want her to shut her legs and stop breathing or something? Stop it! WARNED.

• Haha

MooBelle

VIP Member
A competition with Jack Monroe books as prize. Did many people enter?
Well the competition with Aardman to create your own 'sticky brown poo pudding' only got one entry. This was an international competition via Netflix and brought to you from the people that created Wallace and Grommet.
ONLY ONE ENTRY.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

jenny2603

VIP Member
Apologies if this is way too off-topic but just read this by Kerry Hudson (an actual working class writer): https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...0840/kerry-hudson-opinion-its-never-too-late/

A matter-of-fact laying out of some of the barriers to social mobility for the working classes. Advice and guidance on what is now possible. A message of hope that you don’t need to be defined by former limitations. It touches on so many of the things that Jack writes about (wanting the security of owning a home/ regret over incomplete education) yet is refreshingly different from Jack’s incessant and inauthentic doom-mongering. She could (and should) learn from this.
What a lovely article and I really hope she gets everything she's working towards and more. What shines out and you usually find this with people who've faced real barriers in life in a sense of gratitude and willingness to acknowledge the help they've received. When you've had a truly rotten time, you just want things to get better not spend decades revelling in them, she acknowledges the challenges she still faces but is positive about tackling them because she's already made it through worse. It's also a useful article that will give hope to others, she's promoted two useful schemes Upskilled and Housing Options that will be able to help others. Her own story is inspiring and offers encouragement to others. Jack could learn a lot from her but won't because Jack already knows everything.

• Heart

Mel Donte

Chatty Member
Oh piss off with your "thankyou, Ma'am" bullshit. You're not getting an MBE you flagshagger

• Haha

Hollaaa

VIP Member
The words 'smoke' and 'crack' really shouldn't be anywhere near a professional twitter account. Unless you're the CEO of Crack Smokers UK or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 54