Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Can’t understand for the life of me why you’d take the medication out of the box and put it into a zip lock bag, but can anyone read what she has written on it?
She's obsessed with decanting things. I think it makes her feel like she's done some work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

jenny2603

VIP Member
That may or not be a joke.
There's just no way of knowing.
Screenshot 2022-08-31 17.07.28.png

Jack may be a liar but she'd never joke about her famous vintage pickled arseholes. These babies are authentic veterans of the 2021 £20 shops. Could even be yellow sticker boys or the rare and highly sought after night radish.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 72

Boyo

VIP Member
On a mega-grunk so apols if another mithering ninnie has said this but why does she have thinly-sliced arseholes on her ‘food’?

BFA3B8E1-255F-4875-85D0-75D3FE053D9A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I’d take bets on Jack getting pregnant soon. Whether it’s via a one night stand or new victim, it’s v obvious that’s her goal at the moment.

• Sad
  • Sick

Jemadah

VIP Member
Jesus Christ, has anyone looked at that bookshop's website?! It's like a trip back to 90's internet. And look at this on the homepage, no wonder they support a fellow grifter like Jack! I'm shooketh.

View attachment 1543893

Not tone policing, more a heads up, but please don't be too mean - the website is almost irrelevant as he mostly deals with customers on Twitter - he used to have a bricks and mortar shop but then moved house and went online. Misplaced Jack love aside, he does a lot of good with his weekly Buy a Stranger a Book thing, and I've taken advantage of his kindness myself when I was low and he offered to send anyone who wanted one a copy of a Matt Haig book.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
"Tonight, on Can't cook, Shan't cook...Ainsley, I, Jack Monroe self professed saviour of the poor will be cooking...

Peaceful oat goblins, with ready brek and a light vinaigrette. Topped off with mushed avocado and capers.

For the main- Authentic Greek pizza, with a base made out of flour and blended, mushed, spaghetti hoops. Sauce made from tabasco and ground tobacco. And the topping being half a tub of lard mixed with powdered cheese and pickled herring.

For dessert I present to you...Warm ice cream, defrosted, refrozen and then heated in the mee crow wah vey, with prunes and foccacia bread. And a sprig of parsley."
This is superb!
Can't cook, shan't cook
nominated for thread title (for every thread forevermore)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
It's amazing, just when you think she can't get any more grandiose she comes out with stuff like this. She can't *really* believe it, can she? The only person she's 'exposing' is herself.

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 08.44.10.png

Also, the person who suggested she writes things down and burns it (completed it mate) is clearly suggesting that Jack shouldn't actually publish it on the internet. Because we don't *need* to read all this shit, Jack. Work it out yourself, privately, instead of making it into #content.

• Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
How much of a faff would it be to do eggy bread for loads of people in a non-professional setting? Just sheer logistics. Someone's eating first, or someone's eggy bread has gone cold etc.

Like Pancake Day, or the very worst, when the whole family wants a poached egg.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I wonder if this is the first time the publishing team have eaten any of her abominations.
It must be slowly dawning on them just what they have done unleashing her on the world.
Like John Hammond at the end of Jurassic Park.

• Haha

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
God I am sick to death of this DARVO bullshit. How the fuck are you being gaslit with screenshots and audio of your own words.

• Heart
  • Sad

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Wonder if they went round to drop the book?

I think she got a mini intervention. No more books, no more guest slots on daytime telly.

Jack went full narc-ish and got SB round, had all her tablets and health aids out, and probably had a few lever arch files full of printed out proof of the abuse she gets.

I reckon they're dropping her. 🤞

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Beansbeans

On another note, everything about the dog video oozes affluence (with a side order of hypochondria in the bag of meds proudly displayed)

The house is stuffed full of unnecessary and pricey decor, with an unnecessarily pricey dog taking centre stage.

Its most definitely not the house of someone on the breadline for a decade (unless they have been badly mismanaging their finances).

Reactions: 69

RevEd

I've enjoyed a glass of red wine after this evening's service and finally fully caught up on the last few days.

Thank God she has slowed down today. It would seem quite clear her publishers have had a quiet word. Frankly I find it astonishing that she can get away with the stuff she's tweeted the last few days (clear turbo-bender, abuse, (fictional) incredibly personal details), without some kind of warning from her publishers. But then perhaps I've been under Episcopal oversight for too long & don't understand.

I read the academic article; I'm surprised it's a published piece. It feels like a very standard undergrad research paper. If nothing else it is interesting that she's reflected on how Jack's utilised her backstory to leverage position and prominence for herself.

This position requires careful negotiation and consistent authenticity labour from Monroe to retain her legitimacy and try to claim control over her public narrative.
This certainly rings true. The issue is the author of the piece seems to clearly think Jack is purely altruistic, and that undergirds her entire thesis. Yet we know that in reality Jack's desperate to control her own public narrative, not because it provides her legitimacy as a campaigner, but because she's terrified of being found out. More pertinently; if the show stops the grift stops.

ETA: I just did my own personal Chaos and deleted this whilst trying to make the Quote more obvious. I shall not mess with Vlad again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68