Jack Monroe #377 What’s the point?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As tedious as her vague baiting is, I am interested to know who the 42 year old is and how they are as thick and out of touch as Jack to think that each radiator in a house is burning gas to create heat. What a pair of bubbled weapons having these conversations IRL.

I always thought the cap wearing boomer boyfriend existed, but maybe this new one is pure imagination.

• Haha
Reactions: 94
So she's been up and tweeting nonsense about radiators being full of gas (???) but ignored the person tagging her and hinting they're going to end it.

CUUUUUUNT

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Grunking but just need to say: gas pipes/water pipes/radiator – what a massive knobhead!
Sometimes I don’t know basic things that I really should by now. I turn to Google, not any SM where I’d likely be ridiculed for now knowing the answer. Don’t most normal people do that?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Congrats to @Valiofthedolls for the thread title, you win a new kitchen designed by Jack and her 42-year-old friend. Words spoken by Kirsty Strickland on Twitter, in response to Jack’s latest poverty playtime.

Yep, she’s back on the £20 pound food shops from her happy place (Asda) and she’s so proud of being able to feed two active (fnar) adults and a ‘teen’ on some bananas, porridge oats and tortilla chips. Such a budgeting marvel, if she can do it then why can’t everyone?

View attachment 1533617
She also thinks there should be Express/local style shops that only stock the Essentials range in ‘deprived’ areas.

She chatted some other bollocks (can’t remember it all, please jog my memory below if you can be arsed) and was tweeting about designing a kitchen at 7am on Sunday (🥴) with her previously-mentioned 42-year-old friend.

please use the words ‘thread title’ when trying for one, wiki if you’re new.
Thanks for the new thread and congrats to @Valiofthedolls for the thread title.

I am really pleased she is getting called out on this basket and for brown-nosing Asda.

I hope it makes others question her £20 for a weekly shop (as long as you have masses of food in your freezer).

Reactions: 33
I highly doubt it is Old Harold. The Frau whose colleague is Harold adjacent said he was 45 rather than 42 (just being forensic here). Can't even comment on her appalling behaviour since Thursday, I am that dismayed by her audacity. I've never seen someone, moreover someone now experiencing some (small levels of) long overdue scrutiny and criticism, with such flagrant cheek. Unreal.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I highly doubt it is Old Harold. The Frau whose colleague is Harold adjacent said he was 45 rather than 42 (just being forensic here). Can't even comment on behaviour since Thursday, I am that dismayed by her audacity. I've never seen someone, moreover someone now experiencing some long overdue scrutiny and criticism, with such flagrant cheek. Unreal.
Ah, sorry, my bad. 42 and 45, like herbs, are interchangeable to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 88
So she's been up and tweeting nonsense about radiators being full of gas (???) but ignored the person tagging her and hinting they're going to end it.
ah that will be done softly, quietly, gently behind the scenes like her work with foodbanks and prisoners - where the main focus on the poor squig will be reiterating how bad Jack had it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Also Mackie, where the feck are SB’s “fave” maize snacks? The ones Asda have reduced from a 12 to a 6 pack, for the same price? Hmm? In the pocket of BigMaize, are we?
Oh we’ve not seen a ‘fave’ in the wild for a while. One of my trigger words, that.

YOU ARE NOT WRITING AN ARTICLE FOR JUST SEVENTEEN, JACK

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It’s obviously not possible to feed 3 people for £20 a week on the types of food Jack uses and the meals she cooks. As everyone is saying it is playing into the hands of everyone who says the poor should just budget better.

Plenty of people all over the world eat for less and but they will have a totally different diet (eg not convenience foods, sliced bread, packs of butter). I live in the Middle East but I’ve been to places like India, Sri Lanka and Vietnam and eaten really well and cheaply by eating what local people eat- eg seasonal veg, hardly any meat, lots of careful herb and spice blends. You can eat a balanced diet but it’s not a western way of eating: I’ve had curry served for breakfast a lot and rice with a lot of meals. Protein can come from chickpeas or eggs or tofu or other pulses if you are cutting down costs and can’t afford meat or fish.

All this said it should be totally unnecessary to be suggesting that people in the UK, one of the wealthiest countries in the world Should have millions of people not able to heat their homes or eat properly. Pretending that if you can feed a family of 3 by doing maverick things with tins is covering up the problem.

12 year olds are not teenagers.

• Heart
Reactions: 108
Does the Depher guy have a thread?
No. I don’t think there’d be much content for it to be honest. He occasionally gets dragged into Twitter drama. Once because he’d liked some racist posts or followed someone racist, apparently, and one was to do with him referring vulnerable people to social services (which is considered bad in certain Twitter circles). Otherwise, his social media presence is just charity stuff.

Reactions: 25
Ah, sorry, my bad. 42 and 45, like herbs, are interchangeable to me.
Haha, I know they're no different really, just if we are trying to pinpoint the identity of this new victim, sorry, friend/partner, I think it rules him out. Crazy if she's been able to reel in someone else already.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sometimes I don’t know basic things that I really should by now. I turn to Google, not any SM where I’d likely be ridiculed for now knowing the answer. Don’t most normal people do that?
It’s like those folk who ask on Facebook for a phone number to the Drs?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Congrats to @Valiofthedolls for the thread title, you win a new kitchen designed by Jack and her 42-year-old friend. Words spoken by Kirsty Strickland on Twitter, in response to Jack’s latest poverty playtime.

Yep, she’s back on the £20 pound food shops from her happy place (Asda) and she’s so proud of being able to feed two active (fnar) adults and a ‘teen’ on some bananas, porridge oats and tortilla chips. Such a budgeting marvel, if she can do it then why can’t everyone?

View attachment 1533617
She also thinks there should be Express/local style shops that only stock the Essentials range in ‘deprived’ areas.

She chatted some other bollocks (can’t remember it all, please jog my memory below if you can be arsed) and was tweeting about designing a kitchen at 7am on Sunday (🥴) with her previously-mentioned 42-year-old friend.

please use the words ‘thread title’ when trying for one, wiki if you’re new.
Has she got a new OH? Although doesn’t her lease have a no guests rule? Perhaps a roommate to help with the rent on the never ending lease….
Or maybe the friend is a documentary maker who is doing a week in the life of Jack to give people an insight to the life of the greatest anti-poverty hero of our time.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Haha, I know they're no different really, just if we are trying to pinpoint the identity of this new victim, sorry, friend/partner, I think it rules him out. Crazy if she's been able to reel in someone else already.
Unless it's like that episode of Friends where Joey was inventing a story about his imaginary wife and how he gets her pregnant by just going "you know what, just did!"

I am way behind in threads because I AM BUSY but keeping half an eye on things and still wtfing at it all

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Was hoping to finally catch up and be back in real time today but have just seen she was up at 6am chatting shite about gas radiators and designing a dream kitchen for a 42 year old "friend" who is totally not either a new mug she's snared with a charm offensive or Harold who's been recaptured with emotional abuse. Said dream kitchen is going to contain a 7 hob range which Jack is hoping to "borrow" for "filming purposes" despite being more inclined to spoon her own eyes out than pursue a TV career. Said dream kitchen and "dreamy mood boards" are totally not for the "1 bedroom flat" she's moving into soon.

Jack, we're all so tired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Oh my, been on a grunk, it’s exhausting, it‘s just chaos after chaos now 🤦🏽‍♀️😁

Reading Jack’s Twitter at the mo is insane, just a constant stream of nonsense topped with really bad takes, this is not a well woman. Does she really have no one in her life that can intervene, maybe her family have tried, are still trying, but just can’t find a way to get through to her or help her. Jack was tweeting all night and through to the early hours and is already off again, most of it absolute gibberish.

What’s really annoying is the idiocy of her squigs, especially the blue ticks, lapping it all up, encouraging and defending her vigorously, how can they not see what we see. I’m as lefty as they come, want this appalling Tory government out now, but totally dismayed to see this blinkered support comes from left leaning people, heralding Jack as a saviour of the poors, when it’s actually doing more harm. Jack is a gift to the Tories, free propaganda for them with her constantly shouting that poor people can feed a family on £20 a week, if only they knew how to budget their poverty. It’s pure poverty cosplay for the middle classes, who clap along cheering her efforts. We know no one can live on that £20 a week without starving, she should be torn down and cancelled for peddling this lie, but no she’s a saint and saviour of the poors.

There’s an incredibly irony that we are looking at a term coined by one of her biggest supporters James O’Brien, that term being 'footballification', describing the way that the blind, unquestioning loyalty of football fans has been transferred to political figures, parties and policies such as Brexit. We see the same with this unwavering support of Jack from the left, anyone critical is classified a Tory, jealous, a bot, or the one that really annoys me Gender Critical. FFS I’m none of those things, I just can see the obvious grift and the contradictions, but no, we who disagree with the sainted Jack are pilloried and set upon for being the worst people.

Viewing this uncritical support has been a real eye-opener for me, Jack’s support comes from my own political views, plus blue ticks I liked, congratulating and bestowing sainthood on Jack, who’s fighting tirelessly for the working class, nah pals, she’s just cosplaying poverty to the middle class, it’s total BS.

I feel so disillusioned with my own lefty side, it’s so annoying to see the heralding of Jack comes from areas of my own beliefs, and the blue ticks I liked are not the people I thought they were. Just cosseted middle-class people, poverty role-playing like Jack, shows how full of tit many of these ‘celebs’ are.

Where is the critical thinking, how can anyone read her Twitter timeline and think yeah Jack’s got this, let’s send her cashos to help her continue her incredible selfless work. Her ‘work’ is just half-baked unworkable ideas, and regurgitated Martin Lewis takes, taking credit for his ideas and workings. Gee wake up people it’s a con, a grift, her only interest is herself, it’s not helping the public, stop the footballification of Jack.

Rant over 🤪😁

• Heart
Reactions: 126
Must admit I'm dying to know who this new 42 yr old 'friend' is who has suddenly appeared, and how long they'll last ...
That depends how long it is until she softly, gently switches on her gas-filled radiator and blows him/her sky high 🔥

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Who is she fooling with that £20 shop? There isn't enough there to feed a baby bird three meals a day let alone two adults and a teenager.

And for the record if she had half a brain she could buy branded products for less and end up with more food just by shopping what's on offer and only that. But that wouldn't get her into bed with Mr Asda

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Has she got a new OH? Although doesn’t her lease have a no guests rule? Perhaps a roommate to help with the rent on the never ending lease….
Or maybe the friend is a documentary maker who is doing a week in the life of Jack to give people an insight to the life of the greatest anti-poverty hero of our time.
I feel she could just be baiting and breadcrumbing again and it's possibly just a friend..... But then she referred to her "household" currently including two adults and that's hardly what you say when you just have a friend staying over for a Saturday night of three tin tender. Broken up mid June..... new live in partner by August?

Also occurred to me, that photo in the field when she got off the train to do an interview on Friday..... was she accompanied or did she set up a second phone to take that?

• Wow
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.