Jack Monroe #365 I suggest you delete your Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are still plenty of tickets left for Jack's appearance at the book festival.

The ticket options are all "Pay what you can", with the lowest option being zero pounds.

We could all buy a zero pound ticket. A kind of Patreon Revenge Act

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Grunking from the recent past to say, you need to let wood dry out for about a year before you can burn it. Is she going to cart all of that to her teeny one bed flat? And said flat has an open fire?
A year for softwood, two for hardwood. Eucalyptus is a hard wood

Reactions: 31
Grunking from the recent past to say, you need to let wood dry out for about a year before you can burn it. Is she going to cart all of that to her teeny one bed flat? And said flat has an open fire?
She will probably will dig one out of the walls with her barehands and boar a hole in the roof for a chimney with one of her rusty spoons. She will fireproof it with all the unsent patron photos.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Everything about her screams middle class. I mean how many people these days really have real fireplaces as opposed to, ya know, radiators? Or gas ‘fireplaces’ in older houses like my dad?
Or Am I the one who’s out of touch here? Do loads of people in actual fact have real fireplaces on which they burn wood and dance around singing pagan songs in honour of Goddess Jack, Rinser of Hoops and Slayer of White Wingers? I actually don’t even know what’s normal anymore.
🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️
I’ve a fire - but no fireplace! A wee wood burner ( 🔺) that would eat up that eucalyptus in about 18 months time when it’s seasoned. I found it in a puddle and a friend of a friend installed it for me in my crappy bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Everything about her screams middle class. I mean how many people these days really have real fireplaces as opposed to, ya know, radiators? Or gas ‘fireplaces’ in older houses like my dad?
Or Am I the one who’s out of touch here? Do loads of people in actual fact have real fireplaces on which they burn wood and dance around singing pagan songs in honour of Goddess Jack, Rinser of Hoops and Slayer of White Wingers? I actually don’t even know what’s normal anymore.
Loads of people have woodburners now as it's very trendy, we have one but ours came off Freecycle!

Woodburners are pretty efficient, open fires aren't as 75% of the heat goes up the chimney.

Reactions: 19
Why keep all that wood stacked in your shed if you're trying to downsize and move. Why??? Could've just stacked it all out the front with a help yourself sign if you really needed to.
She really doesn't like to let anything slip through her fingers does she? I'm amazed the OH managed to get away so swiftly.......did he smother himself in butter?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
If I was the evil landlady I wouldn’t give her a single log.
Also if I remember correctly her most recent JK chaos a few months back she arrogantly said JK was a classic example of being radicalised by the internet. Then of course had to delete it the spineless smol pixie.

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Would be a bit worrying if somebody looked so indistinguishable from their brother that their partner couldn't tell the difference up close when they were female now, wouldn't it?
I think she’s now desperately hoping someone on Twitter says this, or the obvious 6ft thing - so she can say they’re transphobic or start waffling on and on and on about passing privilege as a deflection. It’s part of her game.

Reactions: 22
Doesn’t that wood belong to the landlady?

Reactions: 28
Is the still blethering on.

The social care thing is steep but like i said its means tested and if you dont have assets its covered by the council. Its seems steep but to be honest, when you get to the point of needing care why shouldnt you pay for it if you can afford it. I dont get holding on to it for your nearest and dearest, your earned you should be at least allowed to spend on yourself to be looked after in old age, if your family cannot do it. That's my opnion anyhoo.
I think it’s cruel sometimes, especially when they expect elderly people to sell property other family members are living in generally having been unpaid or badly paid carers for years until it got too much for them by themselves and/or the need was enough residential care was needed. A bit “thanks for saving us thousands but now you’ve got to duck off”. It happened to a friend of my parents who had moved in with her mum to care for her, obliterated her own savings having modifications done to the house the council wouldn’t fund (accessibility related for her mum) and when residential care was necessary, they were forced to sell the house to fund it. Wouldn’t even let them do the thing where they let people stay and then “pay back” the money when the person dies. It just seemed cruel and unnecessary for everyone involved.

But that’s a nuance Jack would never be able to pick up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.