Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Long vodka was our drink of choice when my friends and I turned18, I still love one! Highly, highly doubt JM would be able to stomach downing an entire bottle of Angostura, a wee bit goes a v long way. If I remember right, doesn't the bottle have a drippy spout bit that she'd have had to pry out too?!
Yes I think you have to give it a bit of welly to get something out it. As you say a little goes a long way and it can really spoil your drink if it's been prepared by someone a bit too generous with the bitters.

Reactions: 16

sioc

My view had always been that the total sales were about 11 grand, but beng Jack she didn't understand that she had to deduct her costs from that figure. In reality they should have got a few hundred quid but cos she can't possibly be wrong she made the rest up from her own money.
Honestly I hope thats not the case because even if it was a stupid self promoting stunt I don't think she should be somehow obliged to make up the difference if she was calculating it wrong. My assumption was that either there were truly enough morons out there who spend 15e on a t shirt to donate 3e to a charity instead of just giving the 15e directly or she'd worked something out with teemill where they waived some fees because of the good cause. (all figures made up because I'M TIRED and can't be bothered to go check)

• Heart
Reactions: 16

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
Also
View attachment 1492431

Angostura bitters. The drink that every working class person has in their drinks cabinet. Aren’t they a mixer that you typically put in GIN?
Haha my parents had a bottle and my sister necked most of it in one of her plastic bags of booze that she’d fill up and then nibble the corner off to drink on the way down the rec.
We were deffo working class but she’s just feral by nature 🤣🤣
You put angastora over ice, shake it, then pour it all out it’s just supposed to cover the glass but I don’t know what you drink with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
I asked for a long vodka in a pub in England not long after I first moved down. They didn’t have a clue what I was talking about. Haven’t tried in Edinburgh but it was my staple drink as a student in Aberdeen.
I got into them due to a Scottish friend , not really a thing where we live in the north

Reactions: 15