Jack Monroe #356 I can put 30p in the mortgage, Harold!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She didn’t bring the case it was…Rebekah Vardys case…
Ah I see. Either way the point I was making still stands, it’s money talks isn’t it?
I think there are hundreds of thousands of cases in the backlog caused by covid.

Reactions: 19
Benefits - I’m pretty sure there was an arrogant comment in a blog somewhere about how she didn’t want to do that because she wanted to show her son “mummy works”. I think this was when she was trying to do a craft business?
The thing is, most people would just swallow their pride and get on with it. She did a thing once about her pronouns being 'kids being fed' or something stupid, yet she (allegedly) was happy to let her own baby go without. She's got a very weird and nasty view of people on benefits, without the faintest clue about it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
The thing that has always baffled me is that if indeed she doesnt get paid much, then why put up with the grief.

Like i said yesterday if praise isn't given willingly then its not true praise, if your having to ask people to tell you are amazing, chances are they will only be telling you so because you have asked. Its not a true character assessment.

Her saying she takes on too much, does too much is not a good excuse either. If she cannot cope with the workload then change it. Stop trying to be everywhere to be relevant. Its been ten years and i have seen so much more done by other people than her. I dont count fist waving as activism. Sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Hey all, currently 25 threads behind but wanted to say @Ostapbender I don’t live in Southend any more, I actually moved for work a few years ago and uprooted my kids to do so (which according to Jack seems to makes me an awful mother?) but I still go back regularly to see family, as my parents aren’t doing too well. I just know the town extremely well so am able to call out inconsistencies like Lidl being too far for her to get to then posting pics from the park round the corner from Lidl. I know where our MP lives so I know she lives right nearby. I know there are plenty of places she could go to volunteer if she was the slightest bit interested in improving life for the poorest in UK society, because plenty of the poorest in UK society live in Southend.

On the family point - none of us are getting any younger, and despite my folks giving me a fairly rubbish upbringing (not really their fault: they were genuinely poor and clueless, but they could certainly have hit me a bit less if they’d wanted to), I’m grateful for the little they gave me. Even if they weren’t capable of giving me love and emotional connection, I had stability and routine, and usually food in my belly even if it was unrinsed spaghetti hoops (the horror!). Dad was made redundant a couple of times and those were Bad Times - so bad that even we children knew they were bad - but it could have been a lot worse. Obviously I also know lots of other people who grew up poor, and that does tend to be our attitude: was pretty tit but could have been worse. No “woe is me, I was POOR” comes from normal poor people. Jack is utterly, blindingly unaware of her immense privilege.

I had bootsale books and a library card and that was all I needed, really - I had no idea what I was missing out on in terms of activities my parents couldn’t afford, because we were (they still are) in a poor neighbourhood so nobody did fancy things. My brothers played football. And some of my schoolfriends had some absolutely monstrous tit happening to them at home, so I was able to put any of my own woes in context from a young age. I think Jack has never really had that; her context where she grew up probably included pony-owning yacht-club neighbours and schoolmates, so using them as comparators it’s easy to see why she’s always felt sorry for herself. (As a child, at least - as an adult most of us grow out of that, assess our individual circumstances and stop comparing ourselves negatively to others.)

Marian Keyes OH NO what are u doing bby? JACK DOES NOT GIVE POOR PEOPLE A VOICE! How do all these bleeding hearts believe that? Jack talks about Jack and Jack’s perspective - she only uses poor people as props when convenient, and I have never seen her actually platform a real-life poor person, give them a leg-up. That’s because she doesn’t know any, because she chooses not to. She could get out and do real activism, make an actual difference - or she could even platform some of the extremely hard working men and women in Southend who are doing that themselves, making a difference. But she chooses not to. Everything we do is about choices and she makes bad ones. She needs to step away and get into intensive therapy, then come back humbled and doing actual worthwhile work. I went back to some of my early posts here (a mere couple of months ago), and Frauen it may sound arrogant but I was right then and I’m right now 😂

Also one last thing: houses in and around Basildon are way cheaper than houses in Southend, so if proximity to her son is really her highest priority when finding a home, she might want to start there. Except she wouldn’t, and indeed hasn’t, because people like her always look down their noses at places like Basildon (full of poor people, you see).

• Heart
Reactions: 122
I imagine she looked into it, realised she’d be a lower priority so wouldn’t be handed the first house she wanted automatically, might not get one straight away and it might be in another area of Southend and that just wasn’t good enough for Jack. Imagine the horror if she’d been forced to live near Lidl not her beloved Asda Shoeburyness.

ETA: by straight away I mean that Jack was almost certainly a fully bought in member of the middle class club who think the council hand out houses like candy and she’d have expected to be able to move the next day. While, and I don’t know what wait times are like in Southend so maybe she could have been that lucky, it generally takes a couple of months of applying and bidding here and there’s quite a good council stock.

If Jack even considered applying for social housing it would have been just to humiliate her parents. Especially if she ended up as being classed as homeless..

There is a high demand/low supply of social housing in Southend, and in Jack's current circumstances she wouldn't be able to go on housing register. Although present day Jack engaging with the homeless prevention team, I would pay money to see.

homeless prevention officer (HPO) You advise me that you are paying 94% of your income on rent and bills, I can see that that the accommodation is too large to meet your needs..
Jack: She LEFT
HPO: We can assist with finding you more affordable accommodation
Jack: I am signed in to an unbreakable lease until 2025,
HPO: We can help you negotiate with your landlord
Jack: I've moved 36 times and in ten years, And now you are forcing me, and my small boy to move again. Maybe I should just stop breathing - would that make you HAPPY!I
Tell you what - I'll Move in to a teeny tiny one bed flat, It will be damp, and cold, and scary, and no place for a fragile pixie. But that is what you want me to do ISN'T IT. Etc etc
(30 minutes later) HPO: I think I've captured the main points. I need to check your financial situation, so you have the documents we asked you to provide?
Jack: Maybe you'd like to provide me with a screenshot your bank details BARBARA! My finances are NONE Of yOUR BUSINESS, All you need to know is I can't afford shower gel or hot water!
HPO (in their head) ah that would explain the smell .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Wait, she’s saying she doesn’t have any hot hot water? One of the only good things about being a tenant is that if something breaks down, you just get on the phone to the letting agent and they are obliged to fix it. Unless you broke the thing, it costs you nothing. While I hate renting sometimes, I was glad that the LL took care of things when we had a boiler breakdown in the middle of winter. For the amount of rent she pays, she should be chasing it up every time there’s no hot water.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Wait, she’s saying she doesn’t have any hot hot water? One of the only good things about being a tenant is that if something breaks down, you just get on the phone to the letting agent and they are obliged to fix it. Unless you broke the thing, it costs you nothing. While I hate renting sometimes, I was glad that the LL took care of things when we had a boiler breakdown in the middle of winter. For the amount of rent she pays, she should be chasing it up every time there’s no hot water.
Think she meant she turned it off 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The Lee Anderson case would show the same. Her argument there is that she isn’t making money off of poor people. How can she demonstrate that to any degree? She doesn’t know the financial background of the people she sells her books to, or takes donations from. It seems to me like this is a case that should never go to court but her arrogance is telling her otherwise.
Isnt she counteracting that by giving all of her books away now? Will that count in the court of law after a case if libel as been called. Genuinue question?!

Reactions: 21
L presumably also does a lot of work in London so it made sense to keep somewhere she could stay if she could afford to, and Jack has directly mentioned several times L owned it and implied at least once that she owned it outright.

I didn’t know the history of cabal when I chose my username but I can’t change it now (seems like tattle lets people once in a blue moon). If I could I’d have it as canal, signing up as someone else to have the name change feels very Jack sockpuppet to me.
Bless you, I think Cabalof is a different word, cabby-B

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If Jack even considered applying for social housing it would have been just to humiliate her parents. Especially if she ended up as being classed as homeless..

There is a high demand/low supply of social housing in Southend, and in Jack's current circumstances she wouldn't be able to go on housing register. Although present day Jack engaging with the homeless prevention team, I would pay money to see.

homeless prevention officer (HPO) You advise me that you are paying 94% of your income on rent and bills, I can see that that the accommodation is too large to meet your needs..
Jack: She LEFT
HPO: We can assist with finding you more affordable accommodation
Jack: I am signed in to an unbreakable lease until 2025,
HPO: We can help you negotiate with your landlord
Jack: I've moved 36 times and in ten years, And now you are forcing me, and my small boy to move again. Maybe I should just stop breathing - would that make you HAPPY!I
Tell you what - I'll Move in to a teeny tiny one bed flat, It will be damp, and cold, and scary, and no place for a fragile pixie. But that is what you want me to do ISN'T IT. Etc etc
(30 minutes later) HPO: I think I've captured the main points. I need to check your financial situation, so you have the documents we asked you to provide?
Jack: Maybe you'd like to provide me with a screenshot your bank details BARBARA! My finances are NONE Of yOUR BUSINESS, All you need to know is I can't afford shower gel or hot water!
HPO (in their head) ah that would explain the smell .
D4NNK8LUcAE1ALt.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
These may have been posted already (sorry if they have) but it just beggars belief. They can’t separate “I don’t care if someone’s making lots of money/really successful” from “She’s a grifter, misrepresenting her situation and happily taking money off those in society who can least afford it” 😡
E846DE99-68B8-412E-B40D-367793636F03.jpeg
0A6A956B-0498-44D2-AD60-3EF41BE9C71B.jpeg
A6668FC2-7EE8-44CE-B440-8898DBB9794B.jpeg
0272BA2E-3D69-499D-B155-121B0A311D9D.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
The Lee Anderson case would show the same. Her argument there is that she isn’t making money off of poor people. How can she demonstrate that to any degree? She doesn’t know the financial background of the people she sells her books to, or takes donations from. It seems to me like this is a case that should never go to court but her arrogance is telling her otherwise.
But Jack is openly making off the poors, evidenced by all the tweets of people going we have bought your book to give to the poors. Jack going thankyoux rather than saying please give the money instead of books, they can download my recipes for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Did he now!!!?

He said something along those lines, she put up a tweet about it. He seemed to be the first person to get under her skin. Whatever he said during the breakup chat seemed to have hit home,because apart from the ' down in flames blog' i do believe she is actually trying to sort her life out.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
After Jack's tell-me-how-marvellous-I-am call to arms, has anyone provided any evidence of her campaigning work actually helping them yet? All I could see were some people saying they tried a recipe and it wasn't too tit as valedation. Nothing about her invaluable work at a food bank, or help with benefits for eg?

And the way she keeps going on about no shower gel or hot water means she must be a right old Whiffy Wilson.
Yeah I’ve just been having a scroll through, there’s loads of “you do so much good” but nobody can actually quantify that.

The solid example that f any actual action from Jack that I’ve seen is one valiant defender saying Jack signed a bunch of her recipe books which were donated to a food bank. It was probably those books that she grifted the money for to donate them in the first place.

This did amuse me though. Salmon paste all round!
4F1C6F04-2850-4D57-8F70-E8A5A57993FC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Interesting that in one sentence she's denouncing us as a canal of evil trolls and she's not going to give us what we want (because apparently we want her to start drinking again), and in the next she's talking about how she's taking our (eminently sensible) advice to downsize and we should be happy about that. Almost as though we were right all along. Mwah ha ha.

Also this is funny considering that when asked on DKL what she could use instead of lasagne sheets to make a lasagne, she suggested .... spaghetti.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 09.44.50.png

(Thank you to the night shift for all the screenies 🥰 )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Yes and then in the next breath she was moaning about them being late. . I remember a vague tit for tat over that back then on Facebook and she back tracked and said something like she wasn't claiming the full benefits she could that would actually help her or something...ah if only I had receipts from back in the day like when she first claimed SA from a foster sibling or something similar and then her brother tweeted back "that literally never happened" and she tried to claim he would never have known as she didn't talk about it and it all kicked off.
Omfg if only this brother would join tattle, bet he’s got some right tea on her lol

• Haha
Reactions: 45
But she will make something every single month. A passive income is a lovely thing to have as a freelancer.
mmmm, delicious Patreon, literally money for nothing….

I am really hoping 🤞 that Molly has a big thread prepared for later today — optimum time for anything requiring a sell (eBay, smol pixie begging blogs…) is between 8 & 9 on a Sunday evening — that will blow any remaining deluded blue tick support away.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.