Jack Monroe #354 Who funds you, Jack?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went to WI (yes I know, it’s a small village and they’ve closed the pub).
We had a very interesting talk on eating and living vegan, when asked what vegan cook books she recommended the speaker said “ certainly not Veganish by Jack Monroe”.
I may have🔺myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 126
Yeah, I posted that this week and others referred to it too. many parallels when it comes to how the cult following responds to criticism. :(
Ah apols, I'm new here and there's so much to catch up on!
It does make me think there could be some scrutiny from journalists though

Reactions: 35
Is this how Owen Jones gets rid of the bodies?
Fukinell that looks some greasy oily shite. Rather use my soup maker (yes I’m bastard old) for 19 min than boil a bloody emaciated chicken leg for three hours (yet she can’t afford her bills?!). If thats living off £20 a week then you can keep it. Fucksake the food bank will give out better soup than this and it’s free and pinged in the mee cro wa ve for 3 mins!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Fraus, first time poster here so apologies for any incorrect formatting. Been lurking for about 6 months but the past few days has had me walking around muttering aloud to myself about JM's latest blog post and her response to the kickback so I've felt compelled to post.

Mostly actually to say that in my time plumbing the depths of these threads is the level of support and empathy you all have for each other; it's genuinely lovely. I know it's been said but as a community you're all so far from the image JM wants to paint of a toxic pack of wolves. Anyway you know that.

I don't want to tread over old grounds (esp in the midst of the Great August 2022 Chaos) but I have some questions for anyone who wants to answer:
-Do you think JM believes her own stories? Like is it a victim mentality (I've had it harder than anyone and these things actually happened to me) or a grift mentality (I have to maintain this image of being extremely hard up otherwise I'll lose my following/platform) if that makes sense?
-How can literally none of her IRL friends/family step in when she starts tweeting blatant lies?
-Or her PUBLISHER??

Also that bleeping weekly meal plan thing drove me to distraction; pretending people who actually live in poverty would have four hours to write and rewrite a meal plan is, as you've all said, such a cosplay of poverty. And the fact that her followers believe it makes me despair. AND THAT SHE NEVER BUYS SUNDRIES JUST DRIVES ME TO DISTRACTION HOW HAS NO-ONE EXCEPT YOU LOT NOTICED THAT???

Anyway love your work xx
Welcome.

I think she has enough of a grasp of reality to know she's making stuff up but the emotional truth of all her stories is that she is always the victim. The narratives are just a way to allow her to express being a victim. I suppose being ill or distressed must have got her what she wanted at some point in her life and she just decided to run with it.

She's never made the effort to develop past her first cookbook. She could have easily moved on to other areas if she'd put the work in but seems to think success should just be handed to her for being Jack. I don't think she has any IRL friends, her family probably need to be careful because I think she's spiteful enough to cut off access to SB so it's probably hard for them to challenge her. As for her publisher, I think she's as hatstand as Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
LC couldn't go anywhere or do anything without texts from JM having a crisis.
This is properly ringing a bell for me unless I imagined it while in a fuge state. Hasn’t Jack herself basically admitted this was the case? I remember something she said about LJC being out somewhere, her having some crisis and LJC having to come home and take care of her. Am I imaging this? If not, are there receipts?!

ETA if I’m imagining this please let me know, I’ll ask mods to remove

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
And speaking of Leggy, with so many of Jack’s claims being debunked, are we soon to learn that there was never really any fisting at all 😧?
😬😳I’ve missed something, clearly. I hardly dare to ask, but *fisting*?!

NB: I know what it is, it’s a who, what, where, when, WHY?!?! query

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Went to WI (yes I know, it’s a small village and they’ve closed the pub).
We had a very interesting talk on eating and living vegan, when asked what vegan cook books she recommended the speaker said “ certainly not Veganish by Jack Monroe”.
I may have🔺myself.
I’ve not read it but… veganish? Either you’re vegan or you aren’t? I’m not but I eat a lot of vegan stuff as I’m allergic to milk, so always on the lookout for non cheese pasta dishes etc. Is it just a way for her to (oat) milk the vegan pound?

• Heart
  • Haha
This is properly ringing a bell for me unless u imagined it while in a fuge state. Hasn’t Jack herself basically admitted this was the case? I remember something she said about LJC being out somewhere, her having some crisis and LJC having to come home and take care of her. Am I imaging this? If not, are there receipts?!

Definitely recall similar.

This is properly ringing a bell for me unless u imagined it while in a fuge state. Hasn’t Jack herself basically admitted this was the case? I remember something she said about LJC being out somewhere, her having some crisis and LJC having to come home and take care of her. Am I imaging this? If not, are there receipts?!
I do seem to remember some quotes about needing to be softly gently scooped up off the floor and bleugh, can’t even continue with this. 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I reckon there could be some journalistic interest in all this you know.
Don't know if you've already covered this on here but there was another case of an online grifter very recently who got exposed. Someone called Ana Mardoll. The similarities with JM were pretty huge. It was only a couple of weeks ago so I do wonder whether there'll be some slightly more serious coverage of all the grifter-gates.

There is something about Ana Mardoll here: https://laurenhough.substack.com/p/who-the-fuck-is-ana-mardoll
Noticeable that a lot of critics got called transphobes, a line that JM tried pulling the other day.
I don’t think so unfortunately because it would involve admitting how many in the media have upheld her as a hero even though behind the scenes I’m sure loads of people had their doubts. The Beeb, Guardian, Mirror, Metro and also the Express where she had a column.

Someone like Guido Fawkes would take it on but they’d just twist it as “see all Progressives are hypocrites” which apart from being untrue would also be easily dismissed as white wingers gonna hate.

TBH it’s karma that she’s being criticised on Twitter as that’s where she’s used to ruling the roost. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Its 2022, we’re in hard economic times and people have had enough of grifters.

It strikes me that Jack must be finding it really hard not to be tweeting up a storm for dopamine hits like she normally does. It’s Friday so normally we’d have loads of guff about how popular she is in AA, what an awesome mum she is, her pets, how evil the tories are etc etc ad nauseam.

She must be climbing the walls.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Yeah, she's def mentioned it either in an article or socials post.

Reactions: 31
I have chosen my avatar! Eamonn Holmes (who I loathe as well) can scowl at me every time I post.

Thank(space)you to which ever lovely Frau posted it. I forget who it was. I must have a deeply rare brain condition. If you would please ‘pop’ something into my tip jar, so I can never work again that would be lovely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Yes she said it herself about being in MH crisis and LJC had to leave an awards show and come home and “scoop her up” and “comfort her”. It was part of a gushing post about how wonderful LJC was and it got my internal narc alarm properly ringing.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
I don’t think so unfortunately because it would involve admitting how many in the media have upheld her as a hero even though behind the scenes I’m sure loads of people had their doubts. The Beeb, Guardian, Mirror, Metro and also the Express where she had a column.

Someone like Guido Fawkes would take it on but they’d just twist it as “see all Progressives are hypocrites” which apart from being untrue would also be easily dismissed as white wingers gonna hate.

TBH it’s karma that she’s being criticised on Twitter as that’s where she’s used to ruling the roost. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Its 2022, we’re in hard economic times and people have had enough of grifters.

It strikes me that Jack must be finding it really hard not to be tweeting up a storm for dopamine hits like she normally does. It’s Friday so normally we’d have loads of guff about how popular she is in AA, what an awesome mum she is, her pets, how evil the tories are etc etc ad nauseam.

She must be climbing the walls.
It's okay Moldy W, Jack is having a fine old time over on MN.
Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 17.23.02.png

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 17.23.20.png

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 17.25.09.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
I was searching for Jack's infamous tomato soup recipe but pumbled across this gem of a recipe for chicken soup instead:
View attachment 1475060
It consists of chicken, water and salt. Simmered for three hours or longer. How can this even be considered a recipe? Baffling. I think I'll write a cook book if that's the sort of shite that's published.

Please send book dealos. An unverified percentage of profits might be donated to unnamed charities of my choosing.
DF130365-A17C-48EC-8760-9B5CC5888C51.gif

Is that the
265C6C1B-DDD1-44F8-9318-4A6853F06205.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 92
Tonight would be the perfect time for Molly's next truth bomb. I'm hoping for at least one of the following to get a mention:

1. The Mini saga - "Please suggest names for the newest member of the family" followed by "I was only ever looking after her for a friend"

2. Jack answering a call for responses from the American journalist who wanted to hear from food writers who "grew up on food stamps" (she didn't, and they don't exist here anyway) and "had never been able to eat in expensive restaurants" (clearly the Ivy and Groucho don't count here)

3. The "practice run" mortgage appointment two months before she resorted to boiling soap and taking out the lightbulbs again

4. The Toni & Guy reverse mullet disaster when she'd supposedly stopped getting her hair cut

5. The "No holidays for 7 years" claim when a cursory glance at her Insta shows her on more breaks than Judith bloody Chalmers in that alleged timeframe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Yes, it's well-known story to anyone who has followed Jack for some time...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
😬😳I’ve missed something, clearly. I hardly dare to ask, but *fisting*?!

NB: I know what it is, it’s a who, what, where, when, WHY?!?! query
It's the "bit gauche, darling" origin story!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.