Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even Jack could do one of these jobs, surely
She wrote in her latest beg that she’s applied for hospitality and bar work. I recently got a job in a coffee shop after not working for 14 years with no CV (I realise I was in the fortunate position of not needing the money, which is shite anyway, but after 14 years out of the game, I needed some work experience to go on my CV for the future). There’s thousands of jobs out there that are crying out for applicants, and she’d probably be entitled to top up benefits if she needed them. She just doesn’t want to actually work for a living.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I think it’s easy to underestimate the impact of Molly's threads. If we look at likes and retweets it doesn’t look that much (in comparison to Jack's 550k followers), but people are talking about this elsewhere too.
Someone contacted me to say that private groups on Facebook and Whatsapp are sharing this and not commenting on twitter because of FM and fear of Jack “doing something stupid”. This includes media and politics people with influence (sorry I can’t be more specific but 🔺 ), they are getting their own receipts and doing a deep dive into her old blog posts/articles - including things I’d never read before.
They are agog at the lies that they had believed. These are the sorts of people who have booked her to talk about poverty and have bought her books and sent her money.

Jack has lost all credibility, as have some of the blue ticks and big accounts still defending her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 123
Agree with the recent posts about Molly. She’s had the balls to put together a thread about Jack that’s gained a lot of traction and therefore opened a lot of peoples eyes about her, so I’m right there for her. Jack needs her wits about her at all times whilst tweeting now as she knows, despite all of yesterdays bluster, that a lot of people - more than ever are on to her and will be holding her to account. Every post will be scrutinised from now on.
We also have to remember that mollys posts are open to everyone where as her arw cherry picked to only include people that want to blow smoke up her arse, so it's not a new reflection of how most of her followers feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Has she ever sent out her Patreon obligations . I saw a tweet blaming Caroline’s hand/s for leaving, but were they previously sent out?
There were tweets around Nov 2020 from two or three squigs who received “art postcards” like the line of rusty knives pic. Celery, Edinburgh style Jack photos.

Reactions: 38
Dunno if this’ll even make sense but just can’t imagine the psychological reaction to receiving thousands upon thousands of pounds instantly, with no work required, like you know how a lot of lottery winners end up in financial ruin/wasting it? Surely she’s doing that on a micro scale?

Same with a monthly salary you’ve done nothing for, like what must that do to someone and how they value money? @MancBee has a lovely saying that’s basically easily gained/easily spent, which is probably why she’s not managed to acquire so much as a car after a decade+ of well paid media work…? The whole thing is just 🤯.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
She wrote in her latest beg that she’s applied for hospitality and bar work.
I just went and checked because I don't think she actually applied to any - and it's been carefully worded by her as 'applications drafted', painstakingly on her phone, no less. Why on her phone - why?? Maybe patreon windfall means none of those applications will need to actually be made - we shall see!

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Yes MoldyW, I agree.
Ironic, isn't it? Given their poster girl, on her own admission, didn't even vote for Brexit or in the GE which brought the Tories into power.
Not her circus not her monkeys🥴

She’ll happily rant about both subjects on Twitter but couldn’t be arsed to herself down the polling station and do the one thing that would make a difference

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think it’s easy to underestimate the impact of Molly's threads. If we look at likes and retweets it doesn’t look that much (in comparison to Jack's 550k followers), but people are talking about this elsewhere too.
Someone contacted me to say that private groups on Facebook and Whatsapp are sharing this and not commenting on twitter because of FM and fear of Jack “doing something stupid”. This includes media and politics people with influence (sorry I can’t be more specific but 🔺 ), they are getting their own receipts and doing a deep dive into her old blog posts/articles - including things I’d never read before.
They are agog at the lies that they had believed. These are the sorts of people who have booked her to talk about poverty and have bought her books and sent her money.

Jack has lost all credibility, as have some of the blue ticks and big accounts still defending her.
This is amazing! The more people do their own digging as well, the more they'll come across that will confirm for them that Jack is a charlatan. It's all there for them to find.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think these are the ones that will piss her off the most. The ones that are just openly taking the piss out of her.
And they are the ones I live for. I love a bit of old school trolling and taking the piss. Lights up my peachy eyes.

Got no time for death threats or abuse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
That seems to be the implication from here (soz if already posted, still grunking from two threads ago)

View attachment 1471069

Also an example of the classic Jack disingenuity, saying Big Dave inherited "a" flat, not the three properties he actually got (hope I've got that right - paging @heretoreaditall2019 )
I think Big Dave only inherited one, looking at the screen shots shared on twitter.

I took a look on Zoopla and it hasn't been sold since 1999 so I assume they still own it.

It's also not a flat. It's a two bed semi. (Perfect for a smol pixie and son?)

Screenshot_20220804-104702.png

The guesthouse is an odd one, from the will it seems he owned 4 terraced houses next to each other - 2 were left to his wife, the other 2 left to 2 of big D's siblings.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
We'll have to agree to disagree. I actually work in housing and it's inappropriate to window shop for houses in this way, especially when there's a housing crisis and people in the housing industry are being overworked and trying to help genuine buyers. It's just another way Jack makes herself and her time more important than everyone elses.
I’m not arguing about whether it’s annoying when people with no intention to buy a house waste people’s time. I’m saying that anyone using that as an example of Jack’s bad behaviour will undermine the point rather than adding anything tangible to it, because it absolutely will 1: look a bit of a weird thing to focus on, 2: fail to understand that people who are open to being convinced will noy be convinced by “she’s not duly concerned with the time and resources of estate agents 3: dilute more tangible stuff. 4: be easily (and pretty much fairly) framed by her supporters as “the haters are so obsessed that they’re actually trying to use wasting estate agents time. They really have misunderstood why we support Jack”

happy to leave it there though

Reactions: 16

The reason I came here to post about this was because I know some people I'm friends with on social media have swallowed Jack's line and would think I'm engaging in a pile on for sharing evidence of her grifting. It's not worth the hassle of joining in on twitter about this.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Purely speculation, but I don't think they have only one sock on MN, I feel another may have been deployed :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.