Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to Jack, this week I discovered that if you put a heavy paper weight on the 'insert' key on your keyboard, it shows you as busy on Teams and therefore your colleagues won't realise that you've done nothing all day but read Tattle.
Sometimes when I am wanting to get on with work I need to do and don’t want to be bothered by people I send myself a meeting on teams. Log into it then hit screen share and you show as “presenting”
That way I can do what I need to do without people calling me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Sometimes when I am wanting to get on with work I need to do and don’t want to be bothered by people I send myself a meeting on teams. Log into it then hit screen share and you show as “presenting”
That way I can do what I need to do without people calling me.
Oh great tip!! Thankspaceyou for all you do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I am probably being naive here, but what could AM posting about CH/HMRC possibly achieve?

The company being dissolved means that she has paid off any creditors including HMRC so surely now (we cannot prove anything else) it is all above board wrt to onabootstrap?

If she is operating as an individual from now on, we can’t access her person tax records (whether she is actually paying tax on her patreon income etc) so there is no point going after that?

The whole point of being here is that we can have a giggle while speculating. AM is trying to lay out facts.

(I feel that I am coming across as cross- apologies ❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Agreed re previous posters about AM's bravery. As I've previously posted, it won't turn into a big cancellation but it makes things a lot more difficult for Jack as her critics are no longer afraid to speak up and clal out any further grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I am probably being naive here, but what could AM posting about CH/HMRC possibly achieve?

The company being dissolved means that she has paid off any creditors including HMRC so surely now (we cannot prove anything else) it is all above board wrt to onabootstrap?

If she is operating as an individual from now on, we can’t access her person tax records (whether she is actually paying tax on her patreon income etc) so there is no point going after that?

The whole point of being here is that we can have a giggle while speculating. AM is trying to lay out facts.

(I feel that I am coming across as cross- apologies ❤)
Yeah I suppose that is a good point. I guess I am hoping it is someone with insider knowledge who can give us what really happened. Maybe the Sunday school teacher accountant has had a crisis of faith and wants to lay it all out in the open.

Reactions: 22
Morning ninnies! Have we all checked to see if we have faces this morning? I still have mine 🥰.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I was here watching this live and it still boils my piss. She had Caroline with the hand (don't accept handS because there isn't proof to support two, hill I'm prepared to die on, pals) and I hardly think there was enough work for C of the Hand to be there more than one day a week, more likely one day a month at that point (pre pandemic) and the rest she was already probably working from home.
Also she kept saying Caroline was a friend, where is she now then? I accept she is working elsewhere, but as a friend she would keep in touch?

Reactions: 37
Monroe is right about selling toys just not necessarily for the reasons she sold SB's. I'm about to sell a huge amount of the Elastoblast juniors toys but only because they've asked me to as they want money for Lego sets and build a bears and feel they've outgrown certain toys. I'd never give away or sell their toys without their say so having had that happen to me when my mum "had a clear out". I was devastated to lose precious toys. The Elastoblast juniors have decided what to sell and we are waiting a week or so in case they change their mind...the Tonka minis have already been retrieved!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Also she kept saying Caroline was a friend, where is she now then? I accept she is working elsewhere, but as a friend she would keep in touch?
Maybe AM is Caroline and she's having a delayed Walter White style 'duck you and your eyebrows' reaction.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
There is a cookery writer who claims they can ~make~ tomato soup from a tin of tomato soup and a tin of tomatoes.

Really makes you think 🤔.

(Sarcasm if anyone is lurking and gets offended)

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Ugh, people suggesting that questioning a female grifter by quoting her own words is misogyny can really get in the bin. Women can be arseholes too and should be called out for it. duck off with your Madeleine Albright quote about 'a special place in hell for women who don't support other women'. Jack Monroe is being criticised for her grifting behaviour, not because she's a woman and should not be let off the hook because she is a woman either, or because she has identified as non-binary or as disabled.

I dare all her fans to make at least 10 things from Tin Can Cook or Good Food for Bad Days and still claim she's a national treasure. Her recipes suck as much as her grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Monroe is right about selling toys just not necessarily for the reasons she sold SB's. I'm about to sell a huge amount of the Elastoblast juniors toys but only because they've asked me to as they want money for Lego sets and build a bears and feel they've outgrown certain toys. I'd never give away or sell their toys without their say so having had that happen to me when my mum "had a clear out". I was devastated to lose precious toys. The Elastoblast juniors have decided what to sell and we are waiting a week or so in case they change their mind...the Tonka minis have already been retrieved!
On that very subject....

Jack replying to squigs.
Screenshot 2022-08-04 08.25.17.png

A squig BITES back

Screenshot 2022-08-04 08.25.28.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103
There is a cookery writer who says she has no shampoo and who puts shampoo in the washing machine :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Yeah I suppose that is a good point. I guess I am hoping it is someone with insider knowledge who can give us what really happened. Maybe the Sunday school teacher accountant has had a crisis of faith and wants to lay it all out in the open.
It's all just speculation plus the ADHD/whatever excuse she made about not paying them.

It's another thing she didn't think through - yes she might be able to increase her income via the company but it means a certain amount will be public.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.