Jack Monroe #352 Hunger Hurts 2: The Difficult Second Album.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whoever Molly is, she has clearly been reading here for a loooooong time.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
I really may be missing the point but what exactly would make her one of the most important people? Wheeling her out to debate with people on GMB? Achieves what? Churning out recipes which are so unappealing Iā€™d rather not bother eating. I am one of the people these things effect and I would not want her as my voice or advocate as she is as disingenuous as the people she pulls apart constantly. It really really baffles me! Sheā€™s been doing this for 10 years and if we boil it down what has she actually achieved with actual, measurable results?
I keep asking myself this question too, and wondering what Iā€™ve missed, or whether Iā€™m being unfair by not recognising JMā€™s achievements. (Off the top of my head) could it be argued that theyā€¦

ā€¢ Have made it a bit easier to discuss poverty by presenting a palatable face of us commoners for the middle-classes/TV/newspapers? (Or something! šŸ˜¬)
ā€¢ Influenced Asda to bring back/extend their Smart Price range? (I donā€™t know whether this is true and whether they really did have an impact on Asdaā€™s decision, but letā€™s say it is - that would be significant for the people affected.)
ā€¢ Influenced the ONS in relation to recognising the inflation figures for staples/own-brand items and whether prices have risen faster for those? (Again, I saw chatter at the time, but no idea whether JM was actually involved/spoke to the ONS/had any influence.)

Iā€™m finding it hard to remember any collaborations/lobbying/campaigns that were demonstrably successful or influential (compared to people like Marcus Rashford or Martin Lewis for example), but there must be some surely? If all their supporters keep talking about how important JM is, they must be seeing some evidence of their work that Iā€™m not?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
INHO she has Borderline Personality Disorder...just my opinion
I think youā€™re onto something there too. One or the other, and itā€™s super clear itā€™s one of those too, whereas with ASD especially (I have a sibling with ASD diagnosed in the 90s and for various reasons personal and professional have had more exposure to various people with it than most) it feels very reaching. ADHD possibly but Iā€™m not convinced and I think what she tries to attribute to that is mostly a personality disorder and laziness

She also clearly adjusts her personality and way of speaking about things at times to reflect what she thinks an ASD person is, ever since she landed on the idea that she could pass off her less palatable personality traits as this and itā€™s really quite embarrassing as well as offensive. (Another influencer, Rosie Londoner also does this from time to time and I just think itā€™s awful). The bit that makes it so cringeworthy is that they usually have limited exposure to people with ASD and have no idea beyond a Wikipedia page and the odd caricature media portrayal what a genuine person with ASD is like. They play up to a cartoon idea of the disorder and give the game away to anyone who has more experience or understanding as well as just being downright offensive and harmful to those who actually have it

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I do like in response to teemill money how she states not everything she does has to be public and yet in her latest ā€œblogā€ she always shares everything with her adoring public. So charities who cry out for publicity and help arenā€™t deemed important enough to be shared with her cult which in turn might entice them to Chuck a few quid their way but the fact she has no lightbulbs, turns soap into ā€¦ā€¦. Soap and is going to have to sleep on a sofa as she is in such dire straits is exactly the sort of stuff they need to know. Weird that? Choice of two directions for them to splash their cash and she went for herself!

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Im starting to think Molly has a bunch of threads pre prepared and is planning on posting them every couple days
OMG is she reeling Jack into more lies, then posting more evidence? YESSSSSSSSS.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I've genuinely never seen Jack on TV and thought "Wow what a fiesty lil lesbian firecracker" I have watched jack and thought "Wow she seems very awkward and wired on pills" also I'm genuinely not homophobic or transphobic. I was calling out Jack because several years ago she wrote an article about how she was taking male hormones because she was transitioning to male (there is an article for proof) Jack got bored of that, and swept it under the rug, stopped taking the male hormones after pages of writing about it not being a phase. Jack then posted a few photos on twitter claiming to be in her own words a die hard lesbian, yet she is currently on tinder specifically looking for a male but still labelling as "lesbian" if she's bisexual why not just come out and say that, no one has an issue it's the lies and inconsistencies. This whole personalty of ohh I'm so distractable and fiery, maybe you see yourself like that Jack but honestly no one else does. Get a real job grifter

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I know dinner plans belong on F&D but have just realised that the recipe I used for dinner tonight birthed this legendary exchange. I feel like these threads are using me as a Manchurian Candidate but honestly I trust you all to guide me through these happy times. #DeepJack

6162D2EA-0CA6-4430-9799-ECCCD896D0E0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 142
Please can hoisted by her own leotard be brought over to this thread as it was a late contender for thread title and it made me HOWL. Sorry I canā€™t remember which genius said it!!
i believe it wasā€¦@LennyBriscoeā€™s account.

apolz if this has already been answered.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I really donā€™t want to believe that she is abusing uppers (whether thatā€™s ill-gotten combos of scrip drugs orā„ as the mn thread suggested) because Iā€™m a 12 stepper myself and I know how damaging these accusations can be if you are in fact sober. All I will say is that it would explain a lot about her, but at the same time Iā€™m willing to believe there could well be other explanations too.
I totally agree, but based on the evidence, something is clearly not right with her in terms of mood modulation. Whether that's due to internal factors, external, or a combination, she needs to step back and stop fighting with other people and face her own battles that are going on with her as a human being.

Reactions: 43
I asked my psychiatrist a few weeks ago if ritalin would ever be prescribed along with sertraline, he stated that since both of them are stimulating the heart would be working over time. To put it in simple terms he said they would never be taken together or prescribed together. Huge risk of a heartattack!! And also addiction especially with the high of being on an anti depressant and a stimulant like ritalin simultaneously. Ask any psychiatrist or doctor, Jack's basically gone private and not informed her NHS doctor, thus taking sertraline from the NHS doctor and a private ritalin prescription simultaneously. She doesn't drink tho guys!! 100 days sober.
From this post I learned that sertraline is a stimulant and as a grateful user of it I feel I should already have known that

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I really donā€™t want to believe that she is abusing uppers (whether thatā€™s ill-gotten combos of scrip drugs orā„ as the mn thread suggested) because Iā€™m a 12 stepper myself and I know how damaging these accusations can be if you are in fact sober. All I will say is that it would explain a lot about her, but at the same time Iā€™m willing to believe there could well be other explanations too.
Some people respond better to non-stimulant ADHD medication, she isnā€™t necessarily taking the amphetamine typeā€¦.thatā€™s a lot of faith tho. Personally I think itā€™s less likely sheā€™s taking anti depressants because Iā€™m not sure sheā€™s depressed. Just another way for her to be conveniently, invisibly, ill.

Reactions: 28
Mmm and she said she was looking at garden placesā€¦that accept massive dogs? Much more likely she is buying.

Its either that or she got a massive fckn taxbill that needs paying!!
Is it possible she's *temporarily* moving into a tiny flat while she gets her forever home set up?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
INHO she has Borderline Personality Disorder...just my opinion
BPD is PTSD and usually as a result of trauma and neglect in childhood. It doesnā€™t make people grift thousands of pounds from people.
Jack is either a narcissist or a sociopath.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.