Jack Monroe #351 Nobody should be donating to a character from a Pulp song

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning ninnies! I've almost been killed by a squig ~literally~. I was stuffing my face with toast. I have a face, btw. Do you all have faces? And almost choked šŸ˜‚. My team of lawyers and paralegals are on standby to sue.
#thread title you could give her 150 mil & she would still be wiping her arse on sox and eating old teabags

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
This is a good way of putting it. My autistic child is honest, almost blunt but without being rude. Where other people would recognise tact was needed in a situation, my child wouldn't. But if a self preserving lie was required, they know how to do that.
Ha, we have a family member who, aged 3 went round several people saying I like you, you and you but I donā€™t like you. Turns out he was right about the one he didnā€™t like and he is autistic and has ODD amongst other things. He can lie about how he broke his wrist though. His sister is also autistic but shows it in a totally different way to him.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Shes not working class, sheā€™s self diagnosed autistic and she says she buys her ADHD meds by private prescription at a cost of Ā£160 a month (I could be making the cost up) .
Sheā€˜s Twitters answer to Boris Johnson and, without proof, I donā€™t believe a word either of them says.
Why does she do that? If she was diagnosed privately surely all sheā€™d need to do would be to take the letter of diagnosis to her GP and then they would prescribe her the medication and she could just go to the pharmacy and pick it up for the standard Ā£9.50 price or whatever it is now.
I mean, I was diagnosed adhd by the NHS in the UK and when I moved countries I just got a letter from my old GP confirming my diagnosis and need for medication, took it to my new GP and started getting my prescriptions on the public health system here.
I think itā€™s kinda sus and I donā€™t believe her tbh.

Reactions: 34
Even if half Jackā€™s subscribers only pay Ā£1 and the rest the Ā£3.50 minimum tier. Thatā€™s still Ā£1700 a month before Patreon commission. Itā€™s still more than I earn working an actual JOB!

ETA I based this on latest subscriber numbers (780)
As self employed a good month is Ā£700 and yet I don't cry poverty because I can manage money!!! I don't spend it on inconsequential crap and know how to cook! (Fortunately I have the OH wage coming in)... but even so...

Reactions: 29
Screenshot 2022-08-03 18.21.28.png

Yes Squig, warriors do whimper and shake like shitting dogs. Is it possible you've got Jack mixed up with someone else?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
View attachment 1469320

Yes Squig, warriors do whimper and shake like shitting dogs. Is it possible you've got Jack mixed up with someone else?

What does that bollix even mean

Everyone is them

I am me

Itā€™s not a virtue - Ted Bundy is Ted Bundy. Itā€™s not a good thing ffs

*to adolf* You might be Hitler, babes, but at least youā€™re YOU

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Ha, we have a family member who, aged 3 went round several people saying I like you, you and you but I donā€™t like you. Turns out he was right about the one he didnā€™t like and he is autistic and has ODD amongst other things. He can lie about how he broke his wrist though. His sister is also autistic but shows it in a totally different way to him.
My middle daughter is a ride.
She's brutally honest but doesn't understand sarcasm, jokes,facial expressions.
She's so complex that she'll never live independently.
Her dad got his haircut and it went wrong ..we're all like it's fine honest,you look great šŸ‘ šŸ‘Œ.
She went " Alright Gru.. you going to steal the moon šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

My youngest is also autistic but she's so completely different.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
This tweet suggests the partnership is still running:

View attachment 1469080
haha ha really? I for a while worked in both ITV and BBC in areas where I saw what people were paid for PAs.... Superdrug won't be willing to pay for the no shampoo ranting either..... I do not believe a single word of this.... a national newspaper taking 3 years to pay? I wrote for a national magazine, I was paid within a month of submitting work...

Reactions: 30
On the 400 days sober front...I thought it was only a year like a week ago? Plus even 0.5% low alcohol beer that you drank in Venice with Harold/your tripod means you were not sober at all.
Sorry to be a pedant but as far as rules with alcohol go, 0.5% is so low it is regarded as non alcoholic.

Reactions: 14
Football Jack has been activated.
She's retweeted the Lionesses letter to Truss and Sunak!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.