Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely the next will be “Who says Content is ~my~ dog?” followed by the squigs saying “Well… you.” and a dramatic “they want me ~dead~” fugue flounce.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Related, I'm never reading the Guardian again and I'm quite likely to tell them why
On the strength of that opinion piece, I'd say I'm coming close to this too. Is there a contact email for them?
Off topic Guardian-related Me-rail

For a few years I made a small annual donation because there was stuff on there that I liked to read but decided, in part because of Jack and Sali Hughes, that they weren’t getting another penny out of me and I wasn’t reading it any more.

So I tried to contact them to cancel, and to let them know why. It was so difficult, nigh on impossible to do so, and without giving them a lot more personal info about me than they actually had, that I gave up, and just cancelled the recurring DD.

Then I get this passive aggressive semi-chastising and patronizing email when they try to take this year’s payment. Lol get to duck with your “continually unable” and “if you can” (not if you want to) 😂 This to me was absolute confirmation (as if I needed it) that I should indeed have cancelled.

I think I’ll be “continually able” to survive without the quality in-depth journalism too.
9B142B85-CB0E-4442-8834-738F9A3D9A25.jpeg

Me-rail rant over. Sorry 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
How long is she going to have that caravan steps profile pic? I love that it implies she is so poor she can only holiday in a caravan, when we know she actually goes on European city breaks/£several hundred quid a night Norfolk Airbnb yomps/London aparthotel stays. Perhaps she thinks it’s edgy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
How long is she going to have that caravan steps profile pic? I love that it implies she is so poor she can only holiday in a caravan, when we know she actually goes on European city breaks/£several hundred quid a night Norfolk Airbnb yomps/London aparthotel stays. Perhaps she thinks it’s edgy.
Probably wants a few of the less observant squigs to think she lives in a caravan.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Ah yes, during the busiest period for unions in decades, it’s important to show your solidarity ‘behind the scenes’, comrade

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Off topic Guardian-related Me-rail

For a few years I made a small annual donation because there was stuff on there that I liked to read but decided, in part because of Jack and Sali Hughes, that they weren’t getting another penny out of me and I wasn’t reading it any more.

So I tried to contact them to cancel, and to let them know why. It was so difficult, nigh on impossible to do so, and without giving them a lot more personal info about me than they actually had, that I gave up, and just cancelled the recurring DD.

Then I get this passive aggressive semi-chastising and patronizing email when they try to take this year’s payment. Lol get to duck with your “continually unable” and “if you can” (not if you want to) 😂 This to me was absolute confirmation (as if I needed it) that I should indeed have cancelled.

I think I’ll be “continually able” to survive without the quality in-depth journalism too.
View attachment 1460314

Me-rail rant over. Sorry 😀
Come on, without the Guardian you wouldn’t be able to enjoy the experience column. Which is basically a middle class version of Take a Break.

8D2CDEA5-791E-421D-B2C0-C93A20F4E226.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Isn’t the point of a picket line to make a bit of a hoohah?
Quite. Showing visible support was actually something she could've used her (undeserved) clout for. The one time she could've actually been useful she modestly stays in the background. Not that she actually went to any.
Like that demonstration in London recently she was asked to speak at and was a no show.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Jack showing up somewhere quietly and not making a “hoohah” (whatever tf that is, sounds mildly alarming) it uttterly impossible according to all known laws of physics
According to Olly, this is a Hoohah (with American spelling). I saw these in the vitamin aisle at Target the other day and was speechless for…well, several reasons. Bit like I usually am at Jack, really.

And as per with Jack, correct word, wrong usage, as she’s always making a complete and utter hoo-ha of herself.

C1BF4F2B-3AED-4CA9-9EC9-8115DE65FF17.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Ah yes, during the busiest period for unions in decades, it’s important to show your solidarity ‘behind the scenes’, comrade
If she actually cared about unions she would have braved the train and made her way up here for the first Big Meeting in 3 years.

No sign though. No sign.

(anyone on here who has actually been to a Big Meeting would agree with me she would need more than a stab vest- it’s all good fun but Jack would be terrified)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Thread title: Now is the Summer of our (Dis)Content

Is it too early for a thread title suggestion? If so, banish me to the brambly bush.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I don't know about you guys. I regularly go to my magic designer dogs tree, give it a good shake and see what I end up with.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Come on, without the Guardian you wouldn’t be able to enjoy the experience column. Which is basically a middle class version of Take a Break.

View attachment 1460348
REALLY off topic now, but there was a very, very handsome German firefighter (a real one, not a call handler) in that column a few years ago who I think might be my equivalent of the tree surgeons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
the diggles/duggles are still going in on her, but this one really tickled me!
20220731_151235.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
How the ever loving duck can she claim Content isn’t a designer dog? She’s a bloody golden doodle, not a Heinz 57 mongrel (which are actually increasingly rare due to the changes in the way we keep dogs). Someone should send her this https://time.com/designer-dogs/

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.