Jack Monroe #347 Nationalise Patreon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That part of the T*ry party leadership debate I saw was like two petulant kids
"No! I was poorer than you!"
"We
were proper working class not you!"
We got up to lick the road before we went to bed … bed? Bed? We have to sleep on a broken brick ….

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I liked
’publicly shamed for not getting a mortgage’
’I invented Healthy Start vouchers’
’Jamie Oliver steals my recipes’
’I employed a team of staff before covid‘
’I secretly advise the government’
’i work 170 hours a week’

AND SOOOO MANY MORE.
Coming soon to HMV "Lies, Lies Lies, now that's what I call grifting" Jack Monroe's greatest hits

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack never admits to buying anything unless it's from a "thrift store" or heavily reduced - unless she can use it to demonstrate her own generosity (e.g. three frappuccinos for the homeless man). Everything else is gifted to her by her wonderfully generous friends who are somehow nowhere to be seen when she's in her frequent bouts of crisis.

The dog was probably gifted to her because of her tireless work and proven track record of being the world's most responsible pet owner. 🙄
Even if the dog was given to her (which is very doubtful) that doesn't change the fact that acquiring a puppy involves a substantial financial comittment, for the rest of the animal's life. That doesn't square with the continual hints/ claims of poverty that she comes up with.
Anyone who thinks they're going to struggle with the basic costs of living over the next few years should think very carefully about getting a pet. The pet is entitled to have their needs met, the same as any other member of the family.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
To be fair, I took a break from here for a while and it was like learning a new language coming back!
My sleep deprived menopausal brain struggles to remember my own name and who I am much of the time, this is why I need a persona dramatis (I think that’s what I mean)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Edit: I've tried to spoiler this but I can't seem to do it today! Sorry everyone!

I've posted about my own history and how I always suspected Jack was a fraud but I not about how I found Tattle.

Soooo, in March or April I tweeted something about poverty influencers upholding the status quo. I didn't mention Jack (never followed her) but someone in a comment did and Jack appeared! Fraus, I was agog! She demanded I delete the tweet and said she'd sue. Lots of her followers jumped on, including Anna Subrey (!!!) who said something like I was rotten to suggest Jack shouldn't be paid (I said no such thing). Jack commented again about how "your lot" have been gloating about her misfortune for months, and I was like "eh?!" but now I get it. Someone posted a while ago about her habit of using "your lot" and how it could be badly misconstrued.

Anyway, I replied that I stood by what I said but I'm sorry to hear she's back on the banana skins (I'd looked at her profile and that very morning she'd been tweeting shite about going to bed hungry and eating grilled banana skins). She blocked me but her nasty squigs kept commenting. There was another blue tick too, but I can't remember who 😣.

All this and I never once mentioned her name. One of her horrible squigs did a search of my twitter (I've no idea how to do that) and reported to Jack that I'd made no previous mentions of her or name or 'bootstrap cook'). I was freaked out and deleted my whole twitter account, which I regret as I do use it for connections in my campaigning and activism work.

I googled "is Jack Monroe poor?" or something and found my answer, and so much more!

This all kicked off at about 8am if I remember. I was BUSY and every time I checked my notifications there was more nonsense. My Twitter account was gone by about midday.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 140
My office overlooks the main hub of the Edinburgh Fringe... it's 20 feet away. It's already started and celery town is insane. It's always a real celeb spotting place, and fame hungry Jackie will no doubt appear there to mix with her own kind. I'll be on the roof with my pan of slop. Gardez Loo!
Can some one explain the name celery town...I keep meaning to ask

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Fugue state was after her birthday so from 17 March 21 or thereabouts, shortly before she was dispatched to dayhab
Trigger warning for CSA and a whole host of dark stuff.

Also - shout out for “hold my hover board Lou, the squigs want to see my pyjamas” classic threadtitle
Thank you for your service dear heart. The work you do makes me believe in the possibility of a benevolent god.

ETA - ooooooooh she woke up salty

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

I've posted about my own history and how I always suspected Jack was a fraud but I not about how I found Tattle.

Soooo, in March or April I tweeted something about poverty influencers upholding the status quo. I didn't mention Jack (never followed her) but someone in a comment did and Jack appeared! Fraus, I was agog! She demanded I deleted the tweet and said she'd sue. Lots of her followers jumped on, including Anna Subrey (!!!) who said something like I was rotten to suggest Jack shouldn't be paid (I said no such thing). Jack commented again about how "your lot" have been gloating about her misfortune for months, and I was like "eh?!" but now I get it. Someone posted a while ago about her habit of using "your lot" and how it could be badly misconstrued.

Anyway, I replied that I stood by what I said but I'm sorry to hear she's back on the banana skins (I'd looked at her profile and that very morning she'd been tweeting shite about going to bed hungry and eating grilled banana skins). She blocked me but her nasty squigs kept commenting. There was another blue tick too, but I can't remember who 😣.

All this and I never once mentioned her name. One of her horrible squigs did a search of my twitter (I've no idea how to do that) and reported to Jack that I'd made no previous mentions of her or name or 'bootstrap cook'). I was freaked out and deleted my whole twitter account, which I regret as I do use it for connections in my campaigning and activism work.

I googled "is Jack Monroe poor?" or something and found my answer, and so much more!

This all kicked off at about 8am if I remember. I was BUSY and every time I checked my notifications there was more nonsense. My Twitter account was gone by about midday.

Edit: I've tried to spoiler this but I can't seem to do it today! Sorry everyone!
This is terrible and I’m so sorry it happened to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
As I've said Jack before Jack is free to identify however she wants but given her previous comments on how "There always one exception" when it comes to me and her sexuality it does my head in and while I understand she may identify as gay for the sake of convenience- possibly a better description would have "sexually fluid" Or you know. Bisexual/Pan
My problem has always been that she seems to identify as whatever she can best weaponise at the moment - whether that’s lesbian, poor, trans, disabled, non-binary, alcoholic, single mother, autistic or any of the other things from the long list of Jacks we’ve had.

All of them I’m sure have grains of truth in them, but there is something very callous and calculating about the way she picks and chooses her labels and the emojis in her bio depending on what suits her best.

She can identify however she likes and I know sexuality is fluid, but her lesbian claim alongside the constant ongoing male exceptions does give me the same feeling it does when she claims she can’t possibly go to Lidl because she’s disabled then romps around everywhere merrily.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.