Jack Monroe #344 344%

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I do take slight issue with that. My husband's an alcoholic and his alcoholism is different to anothers. One of the worst things about his journey (over 10 years sober now) was friends (and some family) looking at him and saying - well we/I drink more than him, and I’m not an alky, so he can’t be!

It doesn’t matter. It’s how it impacts the individual.

The AA stuff MsMonroe is piping is just intolerable. So much ego. She has mentioned a sponsor, so hopefully they will help steer her , but the phrase she used about her biscuits driving up attendance? Just bleeping duck off. From a one step removed observation, the best thing about AA is it’s a huge leveller. Doesn’t matter who you are, in the rooms you are just another alchoholic seeking help and support.

MsMonroe needs to get a bleeping grip.
Why doesn't she join a church group, do they still exist. If she is desperate to make friends. You know the sort a WI sort of set up, she can force feed them stone biscuits and talk all about her all day long and she will most likely be the youngest member so they will mother her.

Reactions: 35
I dunno, isn't the 🛎🔚 a Tattle thing or has it spread?
Anyhow, frauen, I am hoping that poetry reciting Jack has packed it in given that she frequently can't remember her own 'recipes' when she's upstairs or out at the shops.
I have done a riff on a poem in honor of thread 344.

Twitter twitter little twit
I don't wonder where you're at
Up above Thorpe Bay so high ❄
Like a pumble in the sky
"Twitter twitter little twit.." has done for me!
😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Why doesn't she join a church group, do they still exist. You know the sort a WI sort of set up, she can force feed them stone biscuits and talk all about her all day long and she will most likely be the youngest member so they will mother her.
Please remember that, although she doesn't like to advertise the fact, Jack volunteers every weekend at her local foodbank. She likes to keep it on the downlow, while simultaneously ~making fwends~ with every recovering alcoholic in the south east of England and spaffing publicly about that at any given opportunity.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I do take slight issue with that. My husband's an alcoholic and his alcoholism is different to anothers. One of the worst things about his journey (over 10 years sober now) was friends (and some family) looking at him and saying - well we/I drink more than him, and I’m not an alky, so he can’t be!

It doesn’t matter. It’s how it impacts the individual.

The AA stuff MsMonroe is piping is just intolerable. So much ego. She has mentioned a sponsor, so hopefully they will help steer her , but the phrase she used about her biscuits driving up attendance? Just bleeping duck off. From a one step removed observation, the best thing about AA is it’s a huge leveller. Doesn’t matter who you are, in the rooms you are just another alchoholic seeking help and support.

MsMonroe needs to get a bleeping grip.
I work in addiction services - I apologise if I didn't word myself too well but I still think she's in a performance role of it all.

That's a very impressive journey that your husband has had, and yes, I do get that it is about how it impacts on the individual but lately I have seen a number of folk self-diagnose themselves as being an alcoholic when in reality they are looking for another label to excuse their shite behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I do sometimes think I talk about it too much.
Sorry speed grumbling here but if you mean the AA stuff, you don’t at all. Long as you’re ok with it and not triggered or the talk brings back uncomfortable thoughts/feelings then it’s all good !! I sometimes worry about our AA and NA Fraus as I am in awe of anyone who has to go through that process. 🙏😘

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Sorry speed grumbling here but if you mean the AA stuff, you don’t at all. Long as you’re ok with it and not triggered or the talk brings back uncomfortable thoughts/feelings then it’s all good !! I sometimes worry about our AA and NA Fraus as I am in awe of anyone who has to go through that process. 🙏😘
@LennyBriscoe. I think your comments are very honest and insightful.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I work in addiction services - I apologise if I didn't word myself too well but I still think she's in a performance role of it all.

That's a very impressive journey that your husband has had, and yes, I do get that it is about how it impacts on the individual but lately I have seen a number of folk self-diagnose themselves as being an alcoholic when in reality they are looking for another label to excuse their shite behaviour.
I get that and you are very close to it to observe it first hand. MrGroovy was a classic binge drinker - not every day, but when he *did*drink he didn’t know it wasn’t normal to drink so much you blacked out. It was horrendous. Was it easier for him to stop drinking? Quite possibly as he wasn’t an everyday drinker so he didn’t have to detox to the same extent. But AA taught him so much humility, it certainly saved our marriage. I was nearing the end of my willingness to figuratively and literally mop up the mess. I can - hand on heart - say recovery and AA made him a better person.
I truly hope it has the same impact on MsMonroe, but I’m not seeing the necessary lack of ego and humility.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Why doesn't she join a church group, do they still exist. If she is desperate to make friends. You know the sort a WI sort of set up, she can force feed them stone biscuits and talk all about her all day long and she will most likely be the youngest member so they will mother her.
COMPLETED IT MATE. She used to be a sunday school teacher. Methodist or Baptist, I can't recall which. I think the early religiousity has actually had a profound effect on Jack's psyche, which tbf we've not really explored on these threads as she doesn't talk about it much, but I do believe that her subsequent larping as the edgiest maverick trans lesbian evaaaaahhhh was in part an extended rebellion against Christian Jack.

I was brought up Eastern Orthodox so this is very much not my lane, but Baptists and Methodists are quite hardline, would that be fair to say?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
COMPLETED IT MATE. She used to be a sunday school teacher. Methodist or Baptist, I can't recall which. I think the early religiousity has actually had a profound effect on Jack's psyche, which tbf we've not really explored on these threads as she doesn't talk about it much, but I do believe that her subsequent larping as the edgiest maverick trans lesbian evaaaaahhhh was in part an extended rebellion against Christian Jack.

I was brought up Eastern Orthodox so this is very much not my line, but Baptists and Methodists are quite hardline, would that be fair to say?
Yes they can be. I am a non practicing Christian but I have been involved in various ways in many churches and although many have archic views they are good places to make friends and things to do, especially for those that want to feel important to a cause or issue.

My roles i have sort or fell into through various jobs and volunteer work opportunities.

Reactions: 22

I was brought up Eastern Orthodox so this is very much not my lane, but Baptists and Methodists are quite hardline, would that be fair to say?
She was in the Baptist church I believe judging my names of friends whom I used to go Baptist church with many many many (full) moons ago.

Reactions: 14

She was a Baptist, they're officially pretty hardline on a lot of stuff but as with all religious groups the followers are more mixed. Unfortunately I think Jack has substituted religion with politics and you can see the results.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Is she though? I don't think she is. I think it's one of these things she talks about that makes her feel cool and relevant. I think AA must be pretty easy for her. Someone probably called her an alcoholic after she was smashed at some middle classed party and she added that to her cosplaying repertoire. Not saying she doesn't like a drink, but I would really question if it was actual alcoholism.
If she says she is then she is in terms of AA. I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth but even if I went to the same meeting as her and was suspicious then it wouldn’t be for me to confront her or accuse her of not being an alcoholic.

The preamble says “the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking”. I’m in no doubt she did not drink the 200 units she said she did but she doesn’t have to have done either. A lot of people in meetings find their way there sooner than I did or their rock bottom is different from mine.

I’ve said before that AA is the perfect cover - nobody will question what you say in a meeting and the yellow card prevents people passing on what they’ve heard, so nobody outside the fellowship will know what she shares. But for as long as she calls herself one and goes to AA then to me that’s what she is 🤷🏻‍♀️.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
At this point she should just set up a one man stage show (like on Friends when Chandler ended up at the play on his own) and tour the country, talking about herself and the poverty origin story in some dimly lit social club to an army of unsuspecting squigs throwing underwear and teddies in her direction every time she talks about the lights being on or off or uses the word pal. Whilst in all these towns touring she could visit the local ASDA to complete the VBI while she's on.

Heck she could even sing Landslide or say some poetry for her encore. Save AA for the grown ups rather than your own agenda Jack. You ghoul.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
End of thread me-rail to hopefully bring a smile to you dear hearts amongst Jack's nonsense-

My OH was a sneaky bastard and changed my alarm for a laugh. So he thought it would be funny to redub 'Chrissy Wake Up' from Stranger Things with my IRL name. Fraus, it freaked me out. I mean, I did see the funny side once I got myself composed, but waking up thinking your inside voices were out of my head, is not a great way to wake up. He is forgiven, it was pretty hilarious in hindsight lol. Just a silly story, like I said to bring silly smiles. (And the possibility of an earworm, coz sharing is caring xxxxx).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

She was involved in Sunday school at one stage

Reactions: 15
Lets not forget Prophet Jack at Greenbelt.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.