Jack Monroe #344 344%

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I studied The Rime of the Ancient Mariner for A level and learnt it off by heart as I loved it so much. Can probably still remember most of it.
Here goes...

Don't worry, I'm not that mean...or bored.
Water water everywhere, nor yet a drop to drink,
I dont like baked bean sauce so I rinse it down the sink.

Takes a bow and accepts role of Poet Laureate

Reactions: 61
Can a frau find the clip of her plinky plonking on the piano? One handed and looking wistful? I've tried but can't.

Obviously, I won't watch it because it's burned into my memory where I was very close to dying of The Cringe.

Reactions: 30
I studied The Rime of the Ancient Mariner for A level and learnt it off by heart as I loved it so much. Can probably still remember most of it.
Here goes...

Don't worry, I'm not that mean...or bored.
I love the fact that Iron Maiden did a song based on it, which is described as a very abridged retelling.

It's nearly 14 minutes long.

Reactions: 26
Can a frau find the clip of her plinky plonking on the piano? One handed and looking wistful? I've tried but can't.

Obviously, I won't watch it because it's burned into my memory where I was very close to dying of The Cringe.
Found the image

Reactions: 50
Auden v Jack: Coming out of me kitchen is always stinking, stinking changing and changing kitchen.

Reactions: 20
Given that Larkin got mentioned by Jack at some point, I'm surprised we've not had a They fuck you up, your mum and dad mention yet.

Or, as someone I know recently tweeted, after mentioning Larkin, "They read your tweets, your mum and dad"
The Larkin she misquoted is that same poem, but she chose the third stanza rather than the first. Don't have any kids yourself, the final line of the poem, seems an odd choice for a woman who recently struggled through several miscarriages, but that was THEN, etc.

Reactions: 39
Christ alive, Swan Lake Jack has just about done me in.

Reactions: 25
I have to know as well!! Did this come from the accountant? Was it revenge for her god awful baking that she needed hell site randos to tell her what to make?!

Reactions: 20
OT, just been thinking linking up the comment on Gyles brandreth and oscar wilde. Gyles wrote a series of books based on Oscar's life, which includes run in with various classic authors. They are in my opinion fantastic books. I read them during lockdown and was actually sad when I finished them.

Reactions: 26
No wonder Harold ran for the hills. Imagine your Saturday night being Jack honking poetry at you as you're trying to enjoy a steampunk cream soda in the hopes of dislodging a thumbprint cookie from your gullet.

Reactions: 57
No wonder Harold ran for the hills. Imagine your Saturday night being Jack honking poetry at you as you're trying to enjoy a steampunk cream soda in the hopes of dislodging a thumbprint cookie from your gullet.
Harold: "Morning my dear, how are you?"

Jack: *recites The Waste Land in its entirety*

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.