Jack Monroe #342 Dostoevsky rice encyclopaedia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d like to see every cooking show work this into the intro to their recipes. “Alright mate, welcome to Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals. I’m going to be making one of me old standbys: a vegetarian moussaka. It’s simple, rustic and won’t make you vom or tit your pants. Jules hates it when I have mates over and we end up with Tom and Dick all over the place, so this is a perfect dish for those summer get togethers.”
Oooh. That Man has a new book coming out in Sept. It looks lovely. I hope there's a TV series to accompany it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I've been trying to think of any time stretchy could be used as a positive adjective in a food context...I've come up with raw bread dough and string cheese, a pretty vile combination that I'd definitely take over any of Jack's recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I have a suggestion for Jack for a hot weather can’t be bothered to cook recipe, it’s quite novel and I think people will really benefit from learning it. I take two slices of bread, lie them down side by side on a plate then thinly spread with butter (to make it vegan use vegan spread). Then I add cheese or cold sliced meat, some lettuce or tomato and maybe a savoury condiment to the top of one slice and put the other slice, butter side down, on top. It’s a fantastic lil sneaky sucky snack at any time of day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 101
I have a suggestion for Jack for a hot weather can’t be bothered to cook recipe, it’s quite novel and I think people will really benefit from learning it. I take two slices of bread, lie them down side by side on a plate then thinly spread with butter (to make it vegan use vegan spread). Then I add cheese or cold sliced meat, some lettuce or tomato and maybe a savoury condiment to the top of one slice and put the other slice, butter side down, on top. It’s a fantastic lil sneaky sucky snack at any time of day.
this is ridiculous - obviously on the hottest day of the year you slow cook a cassoulet all day long. What is wrong with you?

• Haha
Reactions: 80
Thank you for all you do 🙏.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Why would anyone want stretchy hummus? When normal hummus is most definitely NOT stretchy. Why would that be an aim? And why would blended chickpeas and mayo be stretchy?
Only heathens (catering pack) put mayo in hummus. Has the excellent side effect of un vegan ing it

But you know how it is - when you’ve no oil but loads of gifted by hellmans Mayo 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yeah they’re actually Ancient Greek tho. It’s well documented that the ancient Greeks drank frappes served in braided earthenware. They were believed to be a cure for ouchy shoulders.
They’re actually modern Greek allegedly born in the 50s/60s when someone was stuck at work with just Nescafé, cold water and a milkshake blender..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.