Jack Monroe #342 Dostoevsky rice encyclopaedia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never want to see the words 'stretchy hummus' again 🤢 I'm normally fine about Jack's food monstrosities but this has sent me over the edge

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Jack makes out like Tesco are data mining every single bit of her life without realising that: A) she owns a load of Apple products that probably track EVERYTHING and B) she bleeping Tweet's every single thought, no matter how fleeting, that comes into her head.
@Lazarus Exactly this! She spends her life on Twatter, divulging far more information than anyone could source via a bloody Tesco clubcard/receipt/email address!

I don't know who said it (I see now it was @FeelingGroovy ) but her using "lil" also annoys me so much! And I don't know if she deliberately knocked the G off blending, but if she did, she's as big an arse as a certain "cleanfluencer" :sick: with her "fresh'n'up Friday" nonsense (WTF that second ' is for is beyond me)! Best selling authors, pah! :poop:

Regarding today's tips, where was she 3 years ago when temperature records were broken? Slow cooker grub, no thanks, I'll stick to salads (not pre-bagged though Jacko, not really budget-friendly as you can only get a couple of meals from them). As someone already said, tips should have been given out days ago, not 24 hours before the heatwave ends! Pillock!

As for the prune, oats, etc combination :poop: - nah, you're OK. You'd have to pay me an awful lot of money to try that and babe, you couldn't afford me. Go well pal! 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Gosh, was it only this morning that this was retweeted?

1658164545772.png

Bacon butter and stretchy hummus must have done wonders. (I spell it houmous but I bow to Jack the Greek.)
"You turn if you want to but the Jackie's already turned."
1658164937326.png
Yep, a finger on the pulse Maggie T reference. :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
They look dry and hairy.
This has just sent me over the edge 😂😂😂. I've been holding it together quite well today, apart from a little mid morning sob due to the heat in my car when I climbed back into it for what felt like the millionth time 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This has just sent me over the edge 😂😂😂. I've been holding it together quite well today, apart from a little mid morning sob due to the heat in my car when I climbed back into it for what felt like the millionth time 😂.
Wonder if she likes her men like she likes her carrots! Oh FFS! What's wrong with me!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Please please god's that be ensure this thread has no thirst shots.

Last week when I was hot and cba to cook I made a chicken and bacon salad with a heated crusty roll. Simple effective and didn't make anyone in our house either vom or tit their pants.
I’d like to see every cooking show work this into the intro to their recipes. “Alright mate, welcome to Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals. I’m going to be making one of me old standbys: a vegetarian moussaka. It’s simple, rustic and won’t make you vom or tit your pants. Jules hates it when I have mates over and we end up with Tom and Dick all over the place, so this is a perfect dish for those summer get togethers.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Wonder if she likes her men like she likes her carrots! Oh FFS! What's wrong with me!
Deliciously ordinary, dry and hairy.

Also, re Jack's "picky bits" platter. It looks suspiciously like someone was dumpster diving round the back of the Shoeburyness Harvester.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Yeah they’re actually Ancient Greek tho. It’s well documented that the ancient Greeks drank frappes served in braided earthenware. They were believed to be a cure for ouchy shoulders.
As a literal expert in Ancient Greek medicine, I can confirm this is facts
( there is a possibility that the extent of my expertise involved taking one module in Ancient Greek medicine in my first year of my degree 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I never want to see the words 'stretchy hummus' again 🤢 I'm normally fine about Jack's food monstrosities but this has sent me over the edge
Thank you. It's made me feel very distressed and squeamish. It's like she wants to STARVE US ALL TO DEATH by making all food seem repulsive.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@Lazarus Exactly this! She spends her life on Twatter, divulging far more information than anyone could source via a bloody Tesco clubcard/receipt/email address!

I don't know who said it (I see now it was @FeelingGroovy ) but her using "lil" also annoys me so much! And I don't know if she deliberately knocked the G off blending, but if she did, she's as big an arse as a certain "cleanfluencer" :sick: with her "fresh'n'up Friday" nonsense (WTF that second ' is for is beyond me)! Best selling authors, pah! :poop:

Regarding today's tips, where was she 3 years ago when temperature records were broken? Slow cooker grub, no thanks, I'll stick to salads (not pre-bagged though Jacko, not really budget-friendly as you can only get a couple of meals from them). As someone already said, tips should have been given out days ago, not 24 hours before the heatwave ends! Pillock!

As for the prune, oats, etc combination :poop: - nah, you're OK. You'd have to pay me an awful lot of money to try that and babe, you couldn't afford me. Go well pal! 🤪
But but but you are Aunty Lil :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.