Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cantthinkofausername

My dear old mum was very lucky with regards to periods and then when she was 40 her period didn't arrive. She panicked did a test it was negative, the next month same thing went too see Dr and was told she had gone through menopause and that was that.

Women really do seem to make a drama over a whole lot, I am glad there is somewhere you can talk these things over but it doesn't need the fanfare it gets. We get told when we start periods that they will stop in her midlife. It's not a secret!
It's nice that your Mum didn't suffer at all during her perimenopause, but that's just one end of the spectrum. Many women do . Calling it 'making a drama' is not on, in my opinion.
I have been through it myself, I consider myself quite lucky compared to some women, but it still wasn't particularly pleasant or easy.
With respect to Jack, I don't think she's very likely to be perimenopausal as she's probably too young.

• Heart
Reactions: 107

colouredlines

VIP Member
Personally - and I know this might be an unpopular opinion - I just don't care what Louisa is doing now. There's no indication that she has anything to do with Jack anymore, or that her posts are aimed at Jack in any way.

She's moved on with her life - good for her, but whatever she's doing, it's no longer connected to Jack. If people want to follow her etc, fine, but screenshotting her stories and sharing them here feels unnecessary, and like we're trying to keep her publicly tied to a woman that she LEFT more than two years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 103

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
lads, sorry but I think we may have to look into removing Mr Forearms honourary Frau status
Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 17.01.11.png

💔

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 103

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I didn't screenshot in time, but if Jack actually deleted a comment of this nature, it's gaslighty as hell and I feel sorry for that squig - who incidentally, will be singing into the wind alone about this, because Jack's social justice friends won't touch Jack with a bargepole when it comes to calling her out. Hair can be an incredibly tricky topic, Jack would have known this and even though they are not locs or braids, she could have just worn the plaits and not uploaded selfies, but Jack is Jack.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 17.41.03.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Funny ain’t it how at the height of BLM Jack and all of her “white as mayo” followers were eager to be The Very Best Allies Possible and read Don’t Touch My Hair by Emma Dabiri, yet how swiftly that allyship is forgotten when a woman of colour critiques Saint Monroe of the Oppressed.

I’m white so tbh I don’t feel like my say on hair matters either way, and maybe the plaits wouldn’t be problematic on their own, but when she’s posting missives about how they were done in a “black-owned salon” (I’m sorry but no they were not) with skin about 20 shades darker than we’ve ever seen her… that’s blackfishing, soz.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
Except Ancient Greeks didn’t do cornrows. Both they and the Romans had really quite complex and time consuming hairstyles. There’s a hairdresser in the US who has gone to great lengths to recreate ancient hairstyles using tools authentic to the period. She has a YouTube channel If you are interested.
The Ancient Greeks did braid their hair for a style known as fish or mermaids tail. Monroe, with her usual forensic eye for detail, may be mixing up the Greeks with the Egyptians. Except that would be wrong too, the Egyptians shaved their heads and the heavily braided hairstyles were actually wigs.
Heres a recreation of the Mermaid tail hair style. It’s quite lovely
7F2A4C54-74F2-4268-8BBC-713173CADFDB.jpeg

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
The thing is, regardless of what we might think of the hairstyle, it's clear from her comments that Jack herself believes that a white person with braids = cultural appropriation unless the white person is ¼ Greek Cypriot.

And that is just a glaringly stupid take.

• Heart
  • Haha

Lazarus

VIP Member
View attachment 1421471
View attachment 1421479
View attachment 1421476
[/QUOTE]

Trying to quote @Marmalade Atkins but don’t think it worked.
Am I right in saying she is 1/4 Greek Cypriot at most? My dad is an actual Greek man, I am half Greek. I have never classed Greek culture as my own because it isn’t. I was born and raised in the UK.
unlike Jack, my family weren’t bible botherers but if we did ever go to church it was the Greek Orthodox one. My siblings and I are baptised Greek Orthodox-o’s. We holidayed in Greece at my grandparents house and island hopping every year. I don’t braid my hair and justify it by saying someone else done it thousands of years ago.
if I did braid my hair I would own it myself and not ‘check to make sure the Greeks were doing it first’.
eating mousaka and kleftiko does not entitle you to claim Greek culture, Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Slip, slap, slop, Jack!
CC77D56F-EEB5-4774-8836-A918D21C4AF0.jpeg

Those final into infinity edits are handwritten. Handwritten! It’s all just a game.

• Haha
Reactions: 90