Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sorry for your loss - you gave her the best life and also the best end with you both beside her.

Reactions: 36
I really admire your bravery and whilst I accept everyone has to learn, there is not a snowballs chance in hell I would let anyone near my eyebrows (apart from my regular beautician).
in the late 90s and early 00s my eyebrows were so thin and they looked like the shape of the McDonalds M. Years of perseverance and luck meant they came back, I wouldn’t take the chance again.
wouldn’t let an apprentice tattooist near me either. I mentioned up thread I had a tattoo of my favourite singer on my arm, an impulsive move after a relationship breakdown. Mercifully, I chose a really good artist. She has a fine art degree and is highly talented so the likeness is
on topic:
Jack’s tattoo is shit and it won’t age well.

Reactions: 39
Haven't grunked yet so sorry if it's already said but that tattoo doesn't look less than a day old does it? No redness?

Reactions: 20
Hiya! Joined a good while ago with a post (full of typos) explaining why https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...xes-and-polish-your-spoons.26488/post-8048588

TL DR, thought she was a dodge pot but no one else seemed to see it. Then the wee kitten did it for me. Thankfully Tattle ninnies had all the receipts

Reactions: 42
I'm starting to wonder if she had it done in biro. Akin to the doodles you gave yourself when the maths teacher was teaching Pythagoras.

Reactions: 22
View attachment 1420902
When thinking about the tattoo this sprung to mind. How apt!
It's also the room number where they found the bodies left by the 1980's torso killer of New York. No head or arms. There's a great documentary on Netfix called The Times Square killer.

It was the first hit on Google. I did wonder why she had a tattoo of a murder scene on her arm.

I admit that yesterday I Googled room 147 and saw the TV series. That documentary sent me down a Google rabbit hole looking at pictures and videos of 1980s Times Sq. Gosh it was terrifying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
If she likes her tattoo, then good for her. I just don't get why an adult needs applause from strangers for getting one. Wow, you went and got a thing you wanted at a bargain price. Yay, I guess?

I have a tattoo from when I was 18. I loved it then and now love it for getting it then, but would not get it now if that makes sense.

Reactions: 46
I know lots of people like that and it's the main reason I have never got one. People change their minds over time and the things that once meant something to them no longer do. My brother has just after about 12 years got his ex wives name covered.

Reactions: 25
I know lots of people like that and it's the main reason I have never got one. People change their minds over time and the things that once meant something to them no longer do. My brother has just after about 12 years got his ex wives name covered.
Oh but I don't regret it. it's more a reminder of being young than really enjoying the tatoo itself but I don't hate it. Having said that, I'd never get one with a name or face (despite all the jokes me and my partner make about it).

Reactions: 27
Along a similar vein, I assumed it was in reference to room 217/237 (book or film version) in The Shining. Both Jack and Stephen King have form for bringing forth disturbing and macabre stories that make you question reality.

I don't know if the Overlook Hotel has an Orangery though. However, it does have a smashing Maze that might suffice in lieu of a hydrangea?
#foreverhome

Reactions: 43
If I may borrow a snippet there Bladey, with a nod back to supermarket ‘boo’s, suggest Thread Title Nomination New tattoo? Yay, I guess?

Reactions: 38
Good morning Jack; what perfectly ordinary task are you going to solicit praise for today?

Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.