Jack Monroe #34 Medicine won't lift her gloom. Lady doc says Facetune!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you imagine her answers if her fans ever mentioned all these abandoned projects?

"Jack, what happened to your shed?"
"It was burned down by trolls if you must know."

"What about the Gaily Mail, Jack?"
"A lady psychiatrist recommended that I stop it, it was giving me PTSD because someone sent in a funny picture of Thomas the Tank Engine."

"Did you ever cut your brother's hair?"
"Bullies on Tattle gave him alopecia. He'll never need a haircut again."
I just coughed up a lung laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 166334
well done, red squiggle.
I've not commented on the most recent tit show as I've not much to contribute but I've been so damn angry about the SH and ED fishing. Reading how JM's posts have triggered @Silver Linings and others today has made me furious. For someone like JM with a history of ED to post what she has on a public forum with over a quarter of a million followers is abominable. Watching her court the weight loss for the last few weeks has been bad enough with the "I've never looked better" but now putting numbers out there is beyond contempt. And the lips selfie with the shaded cheeks to make her look, well I'm not going to say it but it's what she wants people to see, is beyond the pale. Also she looks like a caricature of herself. I try not to comment on her looks and focus on what she says but she's put it out there. I'm happy to see these tweets and info about Beat. I hope JM gets some help, I really do. And I also hope that the people who have posted today are okay x

• Heart
Reactions: 41
well done, red squiggle.
I know very little about this (took the original screenshot out), so googled and am back to being angry with her. She’s so selfish and irresponsible. And is abusing her ‘platform’. I had no idea how bad the impact of her tweets could be (trying to choose my words carefully here, I hope I am). Sorry to those of you affected by this. It actually should be her job to know this. Fucks sakes.

I've not commented on the most recent tit show as I've not much to contribute but I've been so damn angry about the SH and ED fishing. Reading how JM's posts have triggered @Silver Linings and others today has made me furious. For someone like JM with a history of ED to post what she has on a public forum with over a quarter of a million followers is abominable. Watching her court the weight loss for the last few weeks has been bad enough with the "I've never looked better" but now putting numbers out there is beyond contempt. And the lips selfie with the shaded cheeks to make her look, well I'm not going to say it but it's what she wants people to see, is beyond the pale. Also she looks like a caricature of herself. I try not to comment on her looks and focus on what she says but she's put it out there. I'm happy to see these tweets and info about Beat. I hope JM gets some help, I really do. And I also hope that the people who have posted today are okay x
Same, but you said it better than me 🙂🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 21
“an absolutely devastated frustrated furious howling wreck”
Didn't care enough to vote though did she? Just wants to shout at the air about it all afterwards. *slow hand clap* I'm going to pop the quote in, for Jude Law.

I spoilt my referendum ballot, after campaigning for Remain, because the weight of the decision overwhelmed me on the spot. I went into the booth to mark my X in the Remain box, looked at the paper, and just scored a line through it so hard with my pen I tore it almost in two. I practically ran home, then to a bar to watch the results come in. I sat there with a notebook in my hand, with my predictions for each constituency in. I shouted at Jude Law for standing in front of the large television, braying with a bevy of beautiful women, to ‘sit the duck down, I need to see bleeping Redcar!’ I sat snapping biros, glued to the screen, overwhelmed with fear and guilt and a tiny, tiny pang of hope. That hope was dashed. Picked up and shattered and smashed to smithereens, and it has never quite recovered again.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
just on this point for my own info, a bit of a crowd source if you will!- is 22 considered a young mum by most? I had my first when I was 22 and didn’t feel that young but I am aware I live in an area where there is a high teen pregnancy rate so maybe I’m skewed in my judgment, do others think it’s young?
Young, but not particularly young. I think the average age for a first time mother when Jack have birth was about 28, but there are huge variations. Jack being middle class, would more likely belong to a cohort where women had children later.

Reactions: 10
Been reading these threads from the start, had to register as there's no point in calling out the bs on Twitter/Insta as anyone who doesn't simply swoon over her gets blocked. I learned of JM's existence maybe 2? years ago due to being retweeted on my tl a few times, followed and thought her tweets were pretty witty/entertaining/that she was a good person doing good things...even bought TCC. It takes even the most analytical eye some time to notice a behaviour pattern so here I am. What..the..duck though. Incredibly irresponsible and damaging lately but nobody is allowed to mention that as she has MH/every general health issue under the sun. The "drastic weight loss" that was once put down to no longer drinking excessively, then stress and online bullying, meds, and now the mouth sores. I just have to say...I once had a hefty mouth ulcer on the inside of my lower lip and the absolute LAST thing in the world I could/would have done is plaster a load of red lippy on. SMH. Just take a selfie and upload it hon, there's no shame in wanting a few compliments to perk yourself up. There is just too much to say, but all of your posts here are usually spot on. She's cringeworthy at best and downright dangerous at worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I just used the feminine setting on Faceapp and I’m now leaving my husband and moving in with myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I was 22 as well and didn't feel like a young mum but I look back and think I was!

We waited 7 years to have another and I've been asked so many times if they have the same dad
Rude fucks. They do, and so what if they didn't? It's like people assume as I was young and there's an age gap that must have different dads.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I know it’s off topic - but you hausfrau’s are like my new internet friends and it’s so much better than posting on Mumsnet! (And I’m wide awake and it’s making me annoyed thinking about it)

Why do people ghost people?! I’ve been messaging someone literally for the whole of lockdown, so just over three months. And I could tell something was different early last week as the messages were a bit more infrequent. Now they’ve just completely stopped for the past five days after talking most of the day, every day. I don’t get what the point is, of ghosting after so long and not giving an actual explanation?!

And the whole age thing with Jack having a baby - she’s stuck at the age she had the child mentally. It’s like that time of her life was the best ever, she did her poverty for real and was the most famous she’s ever been a couple of years after. She still believes she’s as famous and as recognisable as back then. It’s odd.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Trying to Grunka my way through the previous thread, think I should just stay up all night🙈
Here to say that a very brave lady with a very similar name to J has been given 2 weeks left to live and I'm finding it very difficult/impossible to read J's posts anymore, she's gone beyond scraping the barrel.
Ps can certainly take tramadol with cocodamol 🙋‍♀️ where's Jimmy Nail when we need him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I know it’s off topic - but you hausfrau’s are like my new internet friends and it’s so much better than posting on Mumsnet! (And I’m wide awake and it’s making me annoyed thinking about it)

Why do people ghost people?! I’ve been messaging someone literally for the whole of lockdown, so just over three months. And I could tell something was different early last week as the messages were a bit more infrequent. Now they’ve just completely stopped for the past five days after talking most of the day, every day. I don’t get what the point is, of ghosting after so long and not giving an actual explanation?!

And the whole age thing with Jack having a baby - she’s stuck at the age she had the child mentally. It’s like that time of her life was the best ever, she did her poverty for real and was the most famous she’s ever been a couple of years after. She still believes she’s as famous and as recognisable as back then. It’s odd.
[/QUOTE/]

Ah no. I'm so sorry, it's rubbish that people do this. I've had it done to me several times. Coincidently I was talking to a friend the other day who had been talking to a girl and was no longer interested. She was going to ghost her as she's met someone else till I pointed out that she wouldn't like it done to her and suggested at least a message to explain. My friend honestly hadn't realised how painful ghosting is though. The internet can be very intimate but also so anonymous. It's no reflection on you but the person who has ghosted you. Hope you're okay x
Not sure why my comment is all in the original quote above. My skills are more around triangulating IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) not piffling quotes on a gossip site.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Ghosting is the easy way out - no explanations and no painful or awkward break up chats.
The Internet makes it very, very easy for the ghoster, and really unfair and hurtful and frustrating for the ghostee.

That’s tit it’s happened to you, so sorry @BeautifulTrauma X

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

Ive been ghosted a few times. Once by a best pal. Once by someone I used to speak to online for a long time. Years. Once by a guy I used to know from school. Met up. Ghosted.

It’s really horrible. The only thing that tops that for me was being dumped by an ex that I really loved after 16 months. No explanation. None. Zero.

Got back together, he wanted it. (Just as I thought I was over him). Dumped me over the phone after a stupid row over nothing and I mean absolutely nothing. And then floated in and out of my life for too long.

I’m not casual with people’s feelings and I’ve had loads of people be casual with mine. It is what it is.

But these days I tend to keep people as acquaintances, been burned at lot in the past.

Some people just can’t deal with saying I don’t want to see you anymore or I’ve met someone else so they just cut contact. It is horrible but it’s them. Not you.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Honestly, her non-binary phase seemed to be based entirely on stereotypes. She had that dreadful Guardian photoshoot wearing first a tux then a ballgown - "look at me, I'm a girl AND a boy!"
*jumping through time*
She always does that, 'look, I'm wearing trousers, I'm a boy. Look, I have lipstick on, I'm a girl'

Pretty sure that is not how it all works. And it cheapens the issue a lot as well.

Reactions: 35
*jumping through time*
She always does that, 'look, I'm wearing trousers, I'm a boy. Look, I have lipstick on, I'm a girl'

Pretty sure that is not how it all works. And it cheapens the issue a lot as well.
She says she's been on testosterone too, why don't I believe her?

It looks to me that Jack likes to do whatever is on trend just for attention, so the BS of apparently transitioning into neither female or male (how does that even work?). I'm definitely not against transgender people who don't do it for the same reasons as her, she wants to be contraversial whereas they want to just be themselves.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.