Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will the VBI need to be adjusted for all the ’free-and-legally-nicked’ merch available to all?

ETA: Sorry, in the heat of the moment, I forgot it doesn’t exist, never has and never will. Please forgive me for a momentary lapse of common sense 🙏
And the forensically costed recipes are now a bit pointless now can just help yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It’s very odd. I watched some of the happy mum happy baby podcast and she talks about SB in a very unemotional way. She talks about how easy parenting is and it doesn’t sound like there is any love there.
That would be typical of someone with NPD though, if that's what she has (am of the opinion that she does). They don't feel love for others in the way a non NPD person does. Relationships are functional to them in that they fulfill their needs. There's no depth of emotion for another person, only attachment and possession.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Things like that make me believe that Jack does have some from of Autism Spectrum Disorder, tbh. Whether it's ever been professionally diagnosed I couldn't say, though.
That's buying heavily into the old cliche that an autistic person isn't empathetic or capable of loving or caring for someone. I have two autistic sons one is fairly understanding of the needs of others, the younger feels real emotional pain for other people in need. I've spent countless hours consoling him and trying to help him cope with his feelings. I think Jack's attitude reflects her "main character" attitude. SB is an accessory to pick up or put down as she sees fit

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Exactly that. I’m not even a parent and I found it upsetting that someone would think about, let alone speak about their child like that in public. i guess it’s because she learned at a young age to be “empathetic and simultaneously detached” (how the duck does that work?). She also claimed in that podcast that her (crappy) attitude to parenting/her child was because she grew up military around the edges. bleep

View attachment 1396737
I'm always amazed by how often Jack can hit the wrong note in a single conversation (or post, or article, or whatever). In this podcast, she simultaneously others her child; sucks the joy out of motherhood; alienates foster children; and suggests that people in the military don't love their children.

The only way you can be this wrong so many times in one short space of time is if you're not speaking from actual emotional experience i.e. lying. That's why ALL of Jack's 'life stories' - whether they're about poverty, addiction, depression, trans, whatever - sound so 'off'. Because she's lying.

She barely speaks human.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm creeping in here gently cause I've been told youre all lovely!
I have a question about JR but for the love of me I'm starting to think I've imagined the following scenario because I can't find a single thing about it!
Didn't she at one point claim to be transitioning? Bought a chest binder and everything.
And then, nothing. Does ANYONE know if she ever addressed it? Or am I going completely insane??
Another attention seeking band wagon jumping cosplay.

Reactions: 20
Just wanted to bring this wee exchange over from the last thread because a. she's that thick she can't see this person is taking the piss, and making the point that nobody does either of these things and b. 'get that clout, hero' is 👩‍🍳💋

View attachment 1395959
I love her mind your own business shouty tweets. I often wish Boris would quote tweet her back saying the same when she's is all up in their grill.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
That's buying heavily into the old cliche that an autistic person isn't empathetic or capable of loving or caring for someone. I have two autistic sons one is fairly understanding of the needs of others, the younger feels real emotional pain for other people in need. I've spent countless hours consoling him and trying to help him cope with his feelings. I think Jack's attitude reflects her "main character" attitude. SB is an accessory to pick up or put down as she sees fit
I have Aspergers myself. I would almost certainly seem cold as duck to some people, even about people I love sometimes. I dont have kids myself, but i wouldnt be that surprised if i were to have then i migjt come across how you say. I can see a fair amount of autistic traits in Jack. The oversharing is a classic one. I do it myself, in these threads arguably. As, to some extent and be the "main character" thing. It might also explain the at times somewhat strange flavour combinations that appear in Jack's recipes. And I would also add that not everyone with Autistic Spectrum Disorders will be the same, and that just because someone's experience is not the same as someone else's doesn't mean that either of them are lying about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I've never had Lurpak. I feel like I'm missing out on the revolution. I buy blocks of butter. Sometimes I even buy the Cornish seasalt one when I'm feeling fancy. I might start saving up so I can try some Lurpak one day. Or just steal one. Whatever.
Steal one big pack of the salted, spreadable one. It is honestly worth the criminal record, reputational damage and all round bad aura.
Have it ice cold, spread sliced on toast and realise the goodness.

Nothing else comes close. You can keep your Norpaks, your Presidente's, your Posh Cow, your Sublime etc etc. Nothing comes close to Lurpak. This is the hill i choose to die on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I've never had Lurpak. I feel like I'm missing out on the revolution. I buy blocks of butter. Sometimes I even buy the Cornish seasalt one when I'm feeling fancy. I might start saving up so I can try some Lurpak one day. Or just steal one. Whatever.
Lurpak comes as blocks, the tubs are spreadable, and more expensive £11 per kilo, blocks are £10 Asda

• Wow
Reactions: 17
She's trying to get out of walking Content already. Nice try Jack, but you'll also need to find someone for the six days out of the week SB isn't there x

Screenshot_20220706-171425_Twitter.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
I have Aspergers myself. I would almost certainly seem cold as duck to some people, even about people I love sometimes. I dont have kids myself, but i wouldnt be that surprised if i were to have then i migjt come across how you say. I can see a fair amount of autistic traits in Jack. The oversharing is a classic one. I do it myself, in these threads arguably. As, to some extent and be the "main character" thing. It might also explain the at times somewhat strange flavour combinations that appear in Jack's recipes. And I would also add that not everyone with Autistic Spectrum Disorders will be the same, and that just because someone's experience is not the same as someone else's doesn't mean that either of them are lying about it.
I didn't mean you were lying about anything but just as many people with ASD are capable of empathy as lack it. My youngest was described as being likely to have an "Asperger's" profile when he is older when he was diagnosed. They said if it hadn't been for his delayed speech he would have been classed as having Asperger's then (despite the term not being in favour now at diagnosis and yes I know that is a whole discussion in and of itself). We had also been told by the GP, the HV and nursery staff that he couldn't possibly be autistic because he makes eye contact and shows sympathy to classmates who hurt themselves. I don't know if Jack is autistic, has ADHD, is bipolar, or has NPD but I do know she lies and exaggerates, borrows from the narratives of others and relies on clichés to fill in the gaps of her stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She's trying to get out of walking Content already. Nice try Jack, but you'll also need to find someone for the six days out of the week SB isn't there x

View attachment 1396811
Oh dear. Yes, they are Jack. I'll tell you one thing that is not helpful when dealing with the turbulent teenager years - posting that sort of shite on SM. Also, don't bother trying to tell a teen to be grateful. They are programmed to be selfish beasts and you will likely be told to duck off or similar.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I don't like Lurpak. I'm an Anchor Wanker - it's what I had growing up (faaaancy) although I'm glad it's from UK cows milk and not New Zealand anymore because, you know, food miles.

I get milk delivered from a local dairy and they also have recently started making their own butter which is so delicious I could eat it on its own. Although perhaps not a whole block at a time.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
So she's got SB on a weds for a change. Is it Netflix and takeaway night or has the taxman made that impossible
If I were him I'd be ringing my dad and asking him to come and pick me up - her son really is at the age where she should not be broadcasting anything about him on Twitter without his permission.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

View attachment 1396811
Teen hell continues. First she shows the internet her norks, then she tells everyone SB sardines in a hammock and now his hormones are public knowledge. Teens can be stroppy little shits but she might want to reflect that sometimes she might be the one at fault. Just a thought.

This is Jack.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.