Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I had never noticed there was codeine in them before!
ProductActive IngredientHow they work
Day NurseParacetamol 1000 mg/30 mlPain relief and fever reduction
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60 mg/30 mlDecongestant
Pholcodine 10 mg/30 mlCough suppressant
Night NurseParacetamol 1000 mg/20 mlPain relief and fever reduction
Promethazine hydrochloride 20 mg/20 mlAntihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 15 mg/20 mlCough suppressant
Day Nurse CapsulesParacetamol 500 mg/capPain relief and fever reduction
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg/capDecongestant
Pholcodine 5 mg/capCough suppressant
Night Nurse CapsulesParacetamol 500 mg/capPain killer
Promethazine hydrochloride 10 mg/capAntihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 7.5 mg/capCough suppressant
Day & Night Nurse Capsules
Day Time Capsules
Paracetamol 500 mg/capPain killer and fever reduction
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg/capDecongestant
Pholcodine 5 mg/capCough suppressant
Day & Night Nurse Capsules
Night Time Capsules
Paracetamol 500 mg/capPain relief and fever reduction
Promethazine hydrochloride 10 mg/capAntihistamine
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 7.5 mg/capCough suppressant

• Wow
Reactions: 18

L3moning

VIP Member
It’s very odd. I watched some of the happy mum happy baby podcast and she talks about SB in a very unemotional way. She talks about how easy parenting is and it doesn’t sound like there is any love there.
Things like that make me believe that Jack does have some from of Autism Spectrum Disorder, tbh. Whether it's ever been professionally diagnosed I couldn't say, though.

• Heart

Pimpinella

Chatty Member
Crikey those before and after photos have sent the budgie fleeing off the keyboard....

I feel "barely sentient ham" is an attempt for a thread title. Bad luck babe, way too soon.
Possibly a prog rock album - JACKawocky and the Night Meats....

• Haha

Soup or Noodle

I'm 50 and I've been to Nandos twice. Both times with my son. Both times it was quite lively 😂. I'm a bit deaf in my right ear so I had no clue what was going on 😂. I can't go to Subway for the same reason. There are many questions which I can't hear or understand 😂. I've tried but just look 😬 at the serving staff.
I was pretty confused too, but more by the pricing. Everything seemed to cost extra. I had been out the night before so wasn't really firing on all cylinders 😂 but it just seemed such a rip-off I decided never to go back.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I've never had Lurpak. I feel like I'm missing out on the revolution. I buy blocks of butter. Sometimes I even buy the Cornish seasalt one when I'm feeling fancy. I might start saving up so I can try some Lurpak one day. Or just steal one. Whatever.
Lurpak comes as blocks, the tubs are spreadable, and more expensive £11 per kilo, blocks are £10 Asda

• Wow
Reactions: 17

Lazarus

VIP Member
Every time Jack bangs on about her “glands” it just makes me think about Ignatius Reilly and his valve.

In fact, that’s not the only thing Jack and Ignatius have in common. Let’s play a little game of “Who said it, Jack or Ignatius?”

“Our nation demands the scrutiny of a completely disengaged observer, and I already have a rather formidable collection of notes and jottings that evaluate and lend a perspective to the contemporary scene.”

“I am about to faint from anxiety and general depression. The film I saw last night was especially grueling, a teenage beach musical. I almost collapsed.”

“I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.”

“Leaving New Orleans Thorpe Bay also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins.”

“Experience can give my writing a new dimension. Being actively engaged in the system which I criticize will be an interesting irony in itself.”

Ninnies, I give you Jack Monroe, an Ignatius J. Reilly for the 21st century. Although….

“Canned food is a perversion...it is ultimately very damaging to the soul.”

ETA Jack when you’re grunking through, though they’ll make you sound just as very clever as you usually do, don’t plagiarize any of these quotes from John Kennedy O’Toole who is DEAD.
One of my favourite books of all time, and one which always has me LOL’ing.
Jack probably worked at the Night of Joy. 🦜

• Haha
Reactions: 16