Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JeanBurns76

Didn’t she invent the healthy start milk tokens though? Christ she’s such a prick! Most people (on benefits) will actually be entitled to these! Unless they’ve changed the rules on them. I was a young mother. Had absolutely nothing when my son was born! These were a god send! At the time they were for milk only though. Which was collected at our local health clinic! Now I’ve seen parents using them in supermarkets!

Reactions: 30
Agatha Christie was also keen on train drama. Not sure I'll be paying for Jack's versions though...The Mystery of the Lost Tile? The Secret of the Meaty Backpack?
Who wrote Strangers on a Train? For Jack it could be Wanker on a Train, Tile on a Train Floor or Mediterranean Arse Under a Train.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Why can't someone tell her she writes badly. Is she with a vanity publishing house? These people who love her work, they aren't buying it, they are reading it on her blog. What other authors does her publisher handle?
She really is a terrible writer.

I particularly hate her overuse of using “and” over and over (and over and over) again as a form of emphasis.

Ostapbender

VIP Member
Absolutely spot on, in fact crime fiction and non fiction were much sought after.
It makes sense, crime and misery memoirs can give people a catharsis for bad experiences, also helps people orient themselves; reading a story with clear-cut good guys and bad guys can help vulnerable people to feel like the world's been put to rights, in a sense. Also crime is just entertaining, everyone needs that!
Jack's Big Book of Misery is in another, ghoulish world though

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I think we should liberate the three freezers full of nightmeat for the poors.
I think there are some things that shouldn’t be inflicted on people, and as to any (allegedly) edible item offered to the poors from the shitty hellhouse of slop…

BC0C2963-08B2-40B8-9337-182A3237C775.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
A ninny earlier suggested a daring prison escape book by Jack.
I might pitch my idea to her along those lines, set in a prisoner of war camp.
The Wooden Presenter.

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
She's obsessed with Cameron, weirdly so. Her publisher can get in the damn bin for enabling and encouraging this shit. Let's remember too that the publisher is one of Jack's 'therapists' so she probably enables her more than anyone else 🙄. She's such a horrid writer! I tune out a few sentences in as it's such a ridiculously long winded way to say nothing of worth. Just a long, waffling me-rail, as per usual 🤷
She blames him for losing the sainsbo gig

• Sad
Will she literally just say she’s worked everywhere and anywhere to try and seem legit, ffs.

and this is so so far behind but I’ve had to grunk for so long to get here, the best bit of Thursday Murder Club for me was when they thought Ashford station must have a few decent shops being international and everything and i shared the disappointment at how crap it is!
This reminds me of when OH and I went to USA on holiday we had a stop off at Charlotte airport which had loads of places to eat and shop etc but we thought we’d wait til we got to Memphis airport and our motel to eat. Oh dear. 11pm. Starving. Nothing at Memphis airport whatsoever and nothing in or around our hotel apart from a drive through over the road. We risked our lives running across that road and had to beg them to do us some food cos we are all the way from London and starving (they had a sign on the window “no walk ups after 8pm”). They took pity on us and made us some greasy food. It was heaven.

Elastoblast

VIP Member
If she wants to branch into screen writing then there's The Grifters, Catch me if you can be bothered, The Sting (reworked as The Stink), Southend Hustle. Silver Background Paper playbook

• Haha