Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Next time I have a dog I want a really smart one, so I can train it to only be naughty in a cute way when the camera is running.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
I'm curious how Jack ran out of personal hygiene products in the short time she was poor. She was on a good wage working for the fire service so had money to spare. I buy hygiene products whenever I'm tempted and I assume most people do, at this moment I have 6 or 7 bottles of shampoo, several bars of soap, many face washes, 3 deodorants and too many moisturisers and facial products. In 2020 I made a decision not to buy anymore hygiene products and I didn't need to buy anything at all until well into 2021 so if she was going round with a dirty face and greasy hair whilst job searching, it was a choice.

Absolutely x
She’s lying.
this is literally a new invented story for the Superdrug paid partnership.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 78

Ellabella

VIP Member
The more I think about those 'tips' the more incensed I get.

Honestly, is that the best she can do? Is that the best a huge retailer with an actual marketing dept can do? Switch from expensive brand to cheaper brand? It is supposed be a 'shop smart campaign' not two pathetic tips delivered by a quivering spokesperson who can't even remember the key messages without referring to her notes. Google "superdrug shop smart campaign" and all you get is links to the press release. where are the actual fucking tips? The shareable infographics for social media, the list of this weeks cheapest buys, the leaflets on the best hygiene products to donate to food banks etc etc?

On closer inspection I found this "Superdrug is pushing its value credentials in a new partnership with...Jack Monroe." -so that's it really - paying Jack to say "Superdrug's great, buy from them not Boots" end of. Pathetic.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 77

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
Interesting piece on BBC news on the Captain Tom Moore charity thing. Talking about more scrutiny of money raised for charity and where it actually goes. Hi Jack 👋 where’s the rest of the tee mill money gone?

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Her twitter is her work twitter isn't it?
So why dog photos, sobriety, Tinder posts - and not one mention of actual work?
We all know her hints and tips are at best useless and at worst dangerous, but still.
Even her Lorraine mention didn't include why she was there.
And it looks like the Vimes Boot Index has been quietly ditched. As was predicted here months ago.
So the age old question again - what the fuck does she actually do?

• Heart
  • Haha

lilamay

VIP Member
Jack 'I'm quite funny about things around my neck' Monroe choosing to wear a turtleneck jumper live on national TV to make sure she feels comfortable as possible. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 76

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
Such a middle class view of hygiene poverty. Imagine telling people it's OK not to buy branded products to keep clean. I'm astounded by it. Also, never use shampoo in your washing machine, it's much cheaper in the long run to use actual laundry detergent because you aren't shortening the life of your machine

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Well how fucking pointless was that?! Totally worth traveling to London for 😂 In case anyone is tempted, don't put shampoo in your washing machine. I like how she gave a warning not to do it too often in case you mess up your machine, hardly saving money if you fuck up your washing machine is it? 🤦

• Wow
  • Haha

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Oh fuck me, here we go again. Buckle up gang for another day of deliriously happy living her best life vitriol and snark

ETA she really is delusional isn’t she. A limited release on Vinted and she will let everyone know about drops in advance. Jack NOBODY is going to want your ‘celeb’ cast offs suffused with lingering honk pal x

• Haha
  • Sick

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Lorraine just said Jack is on soon with tips on how to save money on your shopping. My guess is - Tip 1 Only go to Asda. Tip 2 use your sons Go Henry card. Tip 3 rattle your tip jar

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
I’ve avoided live watchalongs and this is why. OMG shampoo in the washing machine. Send plumberos.

• Haha

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Lol so she’s decided to go for Vinted. There’s a 5 working day deadline on anything that’s bought or the order is cancelled. One million, billion pounds says she doesn’t manage to post even one item on time (and if she does then she’s not working 120hr weeks).

• Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
I'm feeling a bit let down by Tinder Jack at the mo. I thought we'd be on to Sex
Boast Jack by now, "caught the postman sniffing the door- shagged him, got loads of matches on Tinder- shagged them, saw a man on a bus- shagged him and the driver."

• Haha
Reactions: 74

moldwarp

VIP Member
Is she, um, trying to imply that she donates her entire monthly salary to charity?

On Jack's multiple 'minority' identities, this may be an unpopular opinion but I personally thinks she steals them from other people. I first noticed this is her writings about her anorexia, which I have had. She had all the jargon and anecdotes down pat, but they were all really cliched and stale somehow, as if she was just recycling them from the dozens of middle class white girl anorexia memoirs that were out there on the market. It didn't ring with authenticity. When she adopted her trans identity, her interviews about it were much more about her dislike of her breasts than her being male. I'm NOT trans so tell me if I'm speaking out of turn here. Likewise her AA identity is all sloganeering.

Like Von89 said, she steals her identities from people she knows or from books. The real Jack is white as mayo Southend middle class tory-lite girl. That's my belief.

ETA can't believe shes done a mini chaos and it's not even 9am yet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74