Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also me! Just my eyelashes. Was mostly under control for the last month but started up again a couple of days ago. I get much worse when I’m wearing mascara but I really need it to make my three remaining eyelashes show up! Solidarity with the rest of you

Reactions: 18
I think, and i’m carefully using her own words, that she’s ‘off her tits’ with the medication. The pain I do not doubt, but tweeting is not helping so either get to a doctor quick sticks or STOP TWEETING.

The best thing a doc could do is sedate her but I’d imagine it’d be like tranquilising a horse with her tolerance. She needs sleep so she can’t bite her lip anymore as she’s going to get it infected. Where are her family and friends for goodness sake?!

Reactions: 20
Yeah exactly, she can seek out pain relief / soft foods to eat all she wants but at the end of the day the root of the problem is that she keeps biting her lip. If she stops, that’ll be the end of it. I’m not being an arsehole here - have dealt with SH behaviours myself before, I know it’s not as easy as ‘just stop’, but like you said, exploring some coping strategies / therapies is her best bet. She reminds me of a certain YouTuber who has similar issues and tells her vulnerable audience that recovery isn’t possible... I hope no one with similar problems is reading Jack’s Tweets and thinking “20 years?! I guess I’m incurable then”

Reactions: 21
And highly addictive - isn't that what Ant was in rehab for?

Opioids have a common side effect of Dry Mouth so could be a horribly vicious circle.

Reactions: 18
I bet there are loads of us, but as it's an embarrassing thing to do (speaking for myself) it's not really spoken about IRL is it?!

Reactions: 13
I don't think Jack, with all her faults is a bad parent. She seems to have a loving relationship with her child.

Generally removing a child from a parent is a last resort, and the bar for 'good enough parenting' is incredibly low.

Reactions: 15
Im a nail biter (also a bfrb) and it does feel near impossible to resist, you can do it without noticing etc. But again, accountability. I dont play a victim when ive got raw bleeding nails, i stop and think about what triggered it or what ill do next time if im triggered.

Reactions: 16

‘kinell. How is she able to form coherent sentences? Soooo many arsey responses to people now my phone would explode with the screenshots. She’s just sending them her last night tweet.

Reactions: 26
100000000% this. I just can't with her anymore.

Plus her being nice (because I know it's being done with an agenda not just to, you know BE NICE) is making my blood actuslly boil with the fakeness and then the pants/scratched legs photo coming after the lip fillers selfie has just totally finished me off.

Reactions: 19
She KNOWS she's going to get a load of people offering her advice on treatments for her mouth sores. It's what happens. So why doesn't she just shut the fuck up about it instead. Just don't mention it, Jack. Easy. Ugh.

Reactions: 23
I'm not a massive fan of hers, but anyone that throws Hopkins to the wolves is fine with me.
That was pretty much my view of her when I first found these threads. I only followed her on FB and though some of her posts vaguely registered as a bit attention seeky I admired her for giving up alcohol and thought she looked great. I then started to follow on Twitter.....

Reactions: 21
View attachment 164694
‘kinell. How is she able to form coherent sentences? Soooo many arsey responses to people now my phone would explode with the screenshots. She’s just sending them her last night tweet.
She mentioned being on naproxen too, although I don’t know what that’s like in terms of strength.

And yep, her replies are definitely getting snippier!

Reactions: 14
Totally agree. She isn't setting herself as a perfect parent, it is incredibly hurtful to imply someone is a bad parent.

Reactions: 11
She mentioned being on naproxen too, although I don’t know what that’s like in terms of strength.

And yep, her replies are definitely getting snippier!
I've had to use naproxen before, as far as I know it just like a stronger ibuprofen?

Reactions: 9
As a mouth ulcer sufferer myself, lidocaine is the absolute tits for dealing with them.

I appreciate how painful they are, the biggest one I ever had was the size of my thumbnail. But you know what, I just cracked on with life when it happened to me. As all of you lot seen to have when you have encountered ill health and obstacles. Life is shit. You are not unique in feeling like that. But you have a good support network and enough money in the bank to get help. Use them, that and get some more therapy, for your own sake.

Reactions: 25
If she's on Tramadol all the time she must be off of her tits. I take it from time to time, it works but my God there are some interesting dreams.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.