Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hit the city and I lost my band
I watched the pumble eat another man
Gone, gone, the damage done.

Sorry to interrupt the Floyd music, but I'm currently listening to 'The Pumble and the Damage Done'. It's one of my fave Neil Young songs. 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I really don't understand the point of her shopping list, the amount of performative "work" she does is insane. And people like it! Her work week would be cut in half if she composted that calculator and went on tesco dot com 😭 someone tell her there's websites other than twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 41
This shopping list nonsense has (unwittingly, I assume) exposed what a farce the 20£ shops are.

Most people make a list with the starting point of what do I need/want to eat. Jack makes hers with the starting point of I must spend exactly 20£ and works from there.

Realistically, if you had every foodstuff known to man stashed away in your massive kitchen - and you were actively trying to save - you'd only buy a handful of perishables, while slowly working your way through the pasta factory in the pantry and the aquarium in the freezer. You would spend significantly LESS than 20£, because it's not necessary.

Jack has 3x fish fingers in stock. She bought fish fingers. She has baked beans in stock. She bought baked beans. She has nuts, frozen bacon, instant mash, (sad) lemons, celery...all of which she bought. She's buying tit she ALREADY has in stock, creating duplicates, because she's not trying to save money, she's trying to hit a spending target.

• Heart
Reactions: 127
She's absolutely off her rocker isn't she? I remember when I was working full time around 20 years ago in a full time job but not great wages. I used to buy a big tin of lidl macaroni cheese. 28p. That and cheesy ravioli. I did used to buy micro dinners too but one thing I didn't do was buy a ton of fruit and veg with two tins of beans. It makes sense to base your meals around carbs if you are skint and yes I know protein keeps you fuller longer but why do people think folk on the breadline eat certain food? Because its cheap

It wouldn't bother me having avocado and toast now and then but if I was really broke I would be eating pasta and potatoes and beans on toast. Chips. Baked potatoes

I wouldn't be arsing around making the rubbish she does

Woman goes to shop and buys beans? I also remember that rice and lemon curd abomination. And absolutely why shouldn't poor people have a treat? For me it was a pizza and chips and a can of diet coke once a week from a takeaway. Cost 6 quid or so

I don't do that now but I did back in the day. I loved that lidl macaroni cheese too.

Her meals are full of misery. I'd rather eat beans and toast than anything she cooks. And as for noodles. I love cheap packet noodles. You can make soup with them and basically make a meal from them I would much rather eat packet noodles than her slop any day of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Mega lolz, makes the Westminster palace story look legit
Screenshot_20220624-225245_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 161
The algebra shopping list reminded me of her claim to use Pythagoras every day. That’s got to be in my top five Jack Monroe lies, and probably what I’d ask her about if she ever returned for a thread 31 revival.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Famous writer lol. Yeah, she's up there with J K Rowling. Potatoes is second only to The Great Gatsby in terms of the greatest things ever written in the English language as perceived by the general public.

• Haha
Reactions: 90
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.