Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she already trying to get followers off 'puppy talk'? Not going to plan ( did an edit as lol may have come across wrong) just meant J often reads the room/topic wrong. Hope L & C are ok and not stressed from the new situation they find themselves in. By Twitter it looks likes Copper has lost his bed space so no wonder he is being territorial.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I can't believe she writes all that stuff down by hand - FFS she's got an iPhone! It has these amazing things called notes...:rolleyes:
I've got hundreds (cough, nearly 2,000 actually) in folders and sub-folders etc, covering everything I need to dump out of my brain, work and home related! She ~literally~ could store her food stock lists in notes, and her master shopping list (I know I'm not the only one here who uses their phone for their shopping list so I'm definitely not preaching to the lovely ninnies). It makes things SO simple! AND added bonus, it would help stop her poor wristy-wristies hurting from too much writingo!!! RA and handwriting don't really belong together IMHO!:unsure: But we all know she can use her thumbs on her phone well enough!
You can even dictate your shopping list into notes, Jack, but surely you already KNOW this tit?🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
She really could do with some lessons in productivity!:geek:

While I'm on a roll, ;) how many hours of her 36-hour working day does it take to write out those lists and is it cost-effective? We all know she's classing it as work! It must tire her out working so hard.o_O

Wonder if she orders items online to make her own cleaning products, which is what I do (vinegar, citric acid, bicarb etc, I'm trying not to use any chemicals) - if she does any cleaning, that is. Doesn't look much like it, so at least we won't have to worry about the pup breathing in toxic chemicals or walking on something that will burn her delicate pads!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
To be fair after being somewhat jobless I've done a week shop on like 13 quid. It includes bread, cheese(the most expensive part) noodles, beans, pizza, chips, tinned spaghetti, tit margarine, (I even found out today that best one is cheaper on marge than anyone...50p!) And I still had a few quid for crisps and Jamie dodgers. Also got mash and birds eye grills to boot.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
To be fair, a reputable breeder would send the puppy home with a supply of food for at least the first couple of weeks. That way they won't have a change of food straight away, as that upsets their delicate belly.
Still, will be good to see her shopping bill double when she does have to start buying stuff for the new addition!
That poor pupper has been signed up for Bella and Duke, mamapapa cant be carrying heavy food around! And Coops mate has those tiny gold Sheba? tins that cost over 50p each, Coops must need 5-6 per day

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Does she not get bored of the efforts she has to go to, to keep up the façade? Asda do scan and shop it’s very easy to keep on track of your spending these days. Without giving the checkout assistant more work with a growing queue behind her of people who’ve probably had a hard day at work and just want to get home, make their tea and watch a film on Netflix.

Reactions: 30
To be fair after being somewhat jobless I've done a week shop on like 13 quid. It includes bread, cheese(the most expensive part) noodles, beans, pizza, chips, tinned spaghetti, tit margarine, (I even found out today that best one is cheaper on marge than anyone...50p!) And I still had a few quid for crisps and Jamie dodgers. Also got mash and birds eye grills to boot.
That’s just it isn’t it - you can do a food shop for hardly anything but it’s going to be mainly bread and beans. Not bleeping avocado.

Reactions: 41
Does she not get bored of the efforts she has to go to, to keep up the façade? Asda do scan and shop it’s very easy to keep on track of your spending these days. Without giving the checkout assistant more work with a growing queue behind her of people who’ve probably had a hard day at work and just want to get home, make their tea and watch a film on Netflix.
My local has a huge wall of scanners right in the entrance. Doesn't take a 34 year old grunking pumblefish to figure out.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
That poor pupper has been signed up for Bella and Duke, mamapapa cant be carrying heavy food around! And Coops mate has those tiny gold Sheba? tins that cost over 50p each, Coops must need 5-6 per day

Bella and Duke - I had to google!
Crikey our dog would cost £4.37 per day on that.
So the dog gets top of the range raw food diet, and her boy gets maize snacks and bollock sausages?
Is the penny still not dropping for the squigs?

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Btw I think after not really caring for 2 years I've finally completed the triangulation. Once you google 'what does a eucalyptus tree look like' it's not that hard. Honestly never beheld such scenes of deprivation, or mock Tudor frontages.
Chapeau dear heart. Chapeau indeed. Wait till you get a look at the inside pictures and floor plan!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
It actually drives me spare. It's not a 20 pound weekly shop or anything because she doesn't do any recipe plans with it. It's just a "let's see how much food I can buy for 20" which is an entirely different thing.
It’s a top up shop, it is not a weekly shop.

Reactions: 23
Bella and Duke - I had to google!
Crikey our dog would cost £4.37 per day on that.
So the dog gets top of the range raw food diet, and her boy gets maize snacks and bollock sausages?
Is the penny still not dropping for the squigs?
Sorry, that’s me imagining that little Content is getting a spendy subscription delivery. I’ve heard the name on adverts and it sounded suitably middle class.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That’s just it isn’t it - you can do a food shop for hardly anything but it’s going to be mainly bread and beans. Not bleeping avocado.
Or heaven forbid, bloody fennel. I mean, come on. When I was poor, I didn't want fennel, I wanted a cheap Chinese ready meal. I dreamed about having takeaway! Thankfully after a few months, it was one of the first things I did when I got a new job.
Fennel.
Ffs...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Sorry, that’s me imagining that little Content is getting a spendy subscription delivery. I’ve heard the name on adverts and it sounded suitably middle class.
Oh 😂 😂 😂
Well whatever she gets won't work out cheap, but will still have more nutrition than the sausages!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
The agent's rental listing for it still shows up archived on some of the house price websites and they described it as a bungalow on that for some reason.
Really strange but I guess it excuses her from being honest about the actual size and staircases!

Reactions: 16
Wow, all that activism of tweeting your 18.80 shopping receipt. She works so hard!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.