Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, imagine the effort she’s probably put into this for a tiny chance the squigs will notice and how raging she’ll be that only Tattle have 😂😂
Hey the till roll could be genuine. But I didnt work every day for over a decade and buy stuff every day to notice stuff like this. I get it other super markets do it differently. But I've never once encountered a random total on an asda till receipt. Possibly cos not one of our customers buying 200 quids worth of items cared. Here's another one. Asda is NOT a shop for poor people. It really isn't. I like the place, but their food is crap compared to Sainsbury..or even Aldi. (Obv I don't work there now)

Aha. She has really asked the cashier to total up the transaction like 3 times. Basically the poor old bird on tills using a crappy IBM machine has to say "cash or card" 3 times. Basically Jack is testing the "asda customers say stop at £30"

What a bleeping bleep. Asda stores are already rammo, and this entitled witch felt it ok to duck around with a minimum wage employee

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Perhaps she used a self checkout and kept pissing around and pressing the total button?

What does this mean? Is she trying to say she only has £2.34 left (send cashos)? Saving for that 800k house going well then.

9209F691-01B7-47AE-9709-EBD7467E82F7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yeah, but have you seen the house over the road from Jack's? Now that's FANCY, dear heart. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
So are the ones belonging to her literal next door neighbors. Though I guess that between 12 April and Eucalyptusgate evil landlady had moved house because by last weekend according to the slop goblin she was living in the house opposite, not next door.

444FED94-910D-46E5-ADAB-F9A7AE802B49.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I already admitted to where I came from so duck it, I used to work at Chatham Asda (which does money comparable to Brighton and southend) and although via being a supervisor (sorry section leader) I avoided the till based shenanigans. Daily we had people queuing up down ALL the top aisles and I guarantee it would be because of someone like Jack the Greek. (Sorry that's a piss poor lock stock reference)

So in a store that regularly had takings of 1 million a week I wonder, how much does Southend take, and also if Jack knows they vary prices by location. Idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Perhaps she used a self checkout and kept pissing around and pressing the total button?

What does this mean? Is she trying to say she only has £2.34 left (send cashos)? Saving for that 800k house going well then.

View attachment 1367412
She's written £17.66 on the left so I guess £2.34 is the change from £20...maybe she was doing multiple £20 shops?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So are the ones belonging to her literal next door neighbors. Though I guess that between 12 April and Eucalyptusgate evil landlady had moved house because by last weekend according to the slop goblin she was living in the house opposite, not next door.

View attachment 1367400
I don't understand why she keeps calling it a bungalow?
I keep forgetting to ask on here!
Ref the subtotal on receipts, this is a thing you can ask for at the till, I have a numbers dyscalcula type thing and you can ask them to subtotal every now and then as it goes through the till to make sure you stay within your budget

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I'm really baffled at what Jack, but moreso the squigs, think she's even done here? She's bought an amount of shopping for the budget she set herself. When I give my 7 year old 15 quid for the Lego shop, I expect him to be able to work out what he can afford, it's literally basic addition?!
It actually drives me spare. It's not a 20 pound weekly shop or anything because she doesn't do any recipe plans with it. It's just a "let's see how much food I can buy for 20" which is an entirely different thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Ref the subtotal on receipts, this is a thing you can ask for at the till, I have a numbers dyscalcula type thing and you can ask them to subtotal every now and then as it goes through the till to make sure you stay within your budget
But don't you remember when when she struggled upstairs to sort the wibbly wi-fi and routery mouse combo so her and SB could watch unrated Robocop together?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Also none of this is helpful. She’s writing ridiculous lists to cook some random recipes. Who is this for?

Is there even milk on that shopping list, teabags?

Why do the squiggs think this is an achievement of some sort. The whole point of being a good home economist is not to buy things you don’t need. She’s just bought a load of random stuff from what I can see.

Reactions: 35
Jack you bamhead, I’ve just ordered a delivery for next week. I’m not even in my flat and just freestyled. Also I don’t have to carry it home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She’s just bought a load of random stuff from what I can see.
But is she going to performatively arrange it all on the table with the assistance of blu tack and immortalize it for posterity like last time, that’s what I want to know? Come on Jack, a canal awaits!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
How do you even get subtotals on a receipt like that?
Grunking BUT when I worked at a Big-4-not-Asda we had a "subtotal" button we could press to total up the current amount at any time (which accounts for any deals etc. which don't show up until the end without pressing the button). I'm not familiar with Asda but maybe she's been asking the cashier to total up as she goes? If so, total performance.

Reactions: 33
She’s trolling with that stock cupboard list, surely.

Any fool could spend £18 for the week if their cupboards back home were better stocked than the kitchens at Claridges.

Mussels. King Prawns. Monkfish? Charlatan.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
It’s actually listed as a bungalow on Zoopla, for some reason. Maybe that’s how it was marketed 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is such a waste of everyone’s time 😂 what is she going to make with all that crap?! It would just be terrible snacks if she didn’t already have enough food to fully stock a corner shop.

I’m off to Tesco to buy 68 packets of Hearty Food Co. chicken flavour instant noodles for £19.72 and that’s me fed for 22 and a half days.
Then I can have the sun shining out my arse and get award ‘Best Human of all Time’ by Billy bleeping Bragg.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
The agent's rental listing for it still shows up archived on some of the house price websites and they described it as a bungalow on that for some reason.

Reactions: 22

View attachment 1367400
I'd have told her to get the duck out of my house for that tweet alone. Cheeky fucker.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.