Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd love to see the stuff she actually gets gifted. To be fair I don't tend to buy my cleaning products when I supermarket shop. I buy them online or in pound land. I don't know what she's trying to prove here. I don't shop like her. I don't write all these long winded lists. I absolutely do not separate my foods into carbs and proteins either.

I bet she shops online as well. All the time. Plus if she was going to Asda and she's not buying yellow stickers why does she need to walk there. Get a delivery. She has a new puppy and she leaves the puppy with someone rather than just order a delivery.

One that would last a fair amount of time. She is loaded. This is just bizarre behaviour all round. All this performance when she's got money coming out of her ears.

That receipt is just grim. Its fruit and veg with beans you can get cheaper elsewhere and smart price mash. I see nothing to brag about

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I mean even when you get say a 2 for £3 offer its not applied till the END of the transaction. So what is she doing? Asking the poor checkout operator (of which there are like two left now) to keep ringing up a total?
I think they used to do this automatically at Sainsburys, like every ten items or something. I could be remembering wrong though, because I nearly always use self service now.
Now take your sub £20 shop and make a meal plan out of it for two people, using only those items, Jack. Bet you can't. But that's what many people have to do without the mountain of food in your kitchen to fall back on.

Reactions: 39
She did that shopping fast 💨 how far did she say it was to walk to Asda? 17 minutes from checkout to home and photos of receipts. I want a wee and a brew after I’ve been shopping, who rushes into the house to take a photo of their receipt 🤪 Good job her arthritis has cleared up so she can scamper home fast with her ruckie.
That's interesting. According to google it's a 24 minute walk, so you'd assume a smol pixie with arthritis and shopping on a hot day would go a little slower?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
She’s doing this and hoping someone will ask about it so she can give it all the “Poor me, I need to make sure I’m not going over my tight tight budget and I’m so anxious about it I have to ask the cashier to stop and check if today is the day I can’t afford fennel and pears.”
Of course but genuinely I'm almost screeching here. That isn't how asda tills work. So either she's bleeping with it or photoshopping

Reactions: 29
Of course but genuinely I'm almost screeching here. That isn't how asda tills work. So either she's bleeping with it or photoshopping
Oh god, imagine the effort she’s probably put into this for a tiny chance the squigs will notice and how raging she’ll be that only Tattle have 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
That's interesting. According to google it's a 24 minute walk, so you'd assume a smol pixie with arthritis and shopping on a hot day would go a little slower?
I got 21 minutes quickest route but she shaved 4 minutes off that

• Haha
Reactions: 42
On her 3rd (I think?) day without electricity according to her Instagram stories!! Lights off in Stanford.

Wonder if Jack will have a fuse go or something?
No doubt she'll want to elevenerife it. Perhaps all the lights in Southend go out and Jack has to illuminate the whole city using the light that pours from her arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh god, imagine the effort she’s probably put into this for a tiny chance the squigs will notice and how raging she’ll be that only Tattle have 😂😂
Surely even the thickest squig would question why she’s pretending she can’t afford her shopping when she’s just dropped minimum 2k on a dog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Why does she insist writing a shopping list is so difficult? If you're not short on money (which, given she's got a whole shops worth of food already stockpiled she clearly isn't) it takes very little brain power surely?!

Something else that never adds up, but generally speaking people on lower-incomes tend to be more time-poor, right? If it takes 2x-3x as long to go to the supermarket because you rely on public transport or walking, or your squeezing the shop in while the kids are at school or you've got a shift starting in the middle of the afternoon...you're not going to be doing this. Not only because it's nonsensical, but because who has the time!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
On her 3rd (I think?) day without electricity according to her Instagram stories!! Lights off in Stanford.

Wonder if Jack will have a fuse go or something?
Lights ON, lights OFF. Louisa, are you a secret frau and having a dig at the wee smol pixie?
😄

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wonder if it’s something to do with this. Is she going to reference this at some point or let people assume. Scan as you shop adds it up as you go! 👇🏻
But she did all the maths in her steps to get the fantasy foods. If it is written in her book and it says the price on the shelf then it's just a simple add or subtract isn't it!?!

If not then what was all the pricing and crosschecking for!?!? 🤯

Reactions: 27
Apolos it was actually 16 minutes from checkout to home…is this a PB?
7FFF87A0-C94B-4387-8E67-3B76A9582902.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Interesting to hear Chris Packham on BBCR6 talking about attending Glastonbury today; invited by his good friend Billy Bragg to talk on the Left Field about his experience of neurodiversity and other issues that impact him or interest him. He talks of the difficulties he experienced just getting to Glastonbury as an autistic person. The overwhelming feeling of trying to navigate through crowds, the whole organising tickets etc.

Interesting.
I’ll look forward to Jack’s take on it.
Don’t hold your breathe 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why is there no dog or cat food on that receipt? Does she not know they need to eat? Maybe they're getting the Quark...

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Remember when we all learned what a tort is? I’m like that today with quark.

I thought it was a kind of particle, and honestly wouldn’t put it past Jack to list her entire shopping down to the last atom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.