Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bladiesla

VIP Member
I think people are perfectly able to worry about the cost of living crisis (in terms of what it means for society) when they can afford to go to Glastonbury.

I don't think hose are the voices at need to be heard most, and it would not be my first choice of things to attend at a festival. Nonetheless, I don't think that just because people are able to spend money that their worries/care are invalid or that it's an ironic situation per se.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

MushyBeans

Left field are much more active on Instagram than Twitter by the looks of it. On Instagram they’re @glastoleftfield

NellieBoo

VIP Member
That's somebody who has clearly cut out the smoking of tobacco-adjacent items in the last couple of years - his voice is far, far better than it has been in recent years.
It is! He's 80! Just.

I’m going to have a strong espresso martini for the inevitable 25m Hey Jude that’ll be on its way. It’s well past my bedtime.
Get off to bed, love. My OH will sing it out for you <shudder>.

• Haha

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Can’t find the post in this thread (or I’m too lazy too look). But it was commented on that Jack hasn’t shared the tweet by her publisher about being at an event to promote her book.

Is the reason she hasn’t shared it because she knows she will duck that event too?
It's hard to say. Jack doesn't often retweet others, even when they're referring to her. She seems to prefer retweeting herself 🤷

• Haha

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member

Monk7

I have never been to a festival. I don’t get it 🤷‍♀️ I’ve never been to a concert either. If I want to listen to music I can stream it for free. And enjoy the comfort, peace and cleanliness of my own home.
Tell you don't like music without telling me you don't like music 😹

Only joking, all I can say is, gigs can be a fantastic experience, the passion of the band the reaction of the crowd, it's an experience worth trying.
I can see your point about festivals but that's more of a having to put up with all and sundry for 3 fkn days or so, no ta.

• Haha
That's giving me memories of Reading Festival 😳😂.

Someone has put 50p in Paul McCartney. God love him. Bet it isn't Jack though.

That's somebody who has clearly cut out the smoking of tobacco-adjacent items in the last couple of years - his voice is far, far better than it has been in recent years.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Debate -
a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote.
"last night's debate on Education Bill"

How is it a debate if they’re all on the same side? Surely it’s just a discussion?
Echo chamber