Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Why is there no dog or cat food on that receipt? Does she not know they need to eat? Maybe they're getting the Quark...

• Sad
Reactions: 26

Beth1980

VIP Member
Is she already trying to get followers off 'puppy talk'? Not going to plan ( did an edit as lol may have come across wrong) just meant J often reads the room/topic wrong. Hope L & C are ok and not stressed from the new situation they find themselves in. By Twitter it looks likes Copper has lost his bed space so no wonder he is being territorial.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha

Missmopps

VIP Member
So glad I'm not the only one who has a thing for UHT milk. I really like the taste of it.
I don’t like the UK stuff, it leaves a funky aftertaste, but when I lived in Spain, where it’s hard to find fresh dairy ANYTHING, Calcio UHT milk tasted really nice and creamy. Hard to tell the difference when nice and cold

moldwarp

VIP Member
I know that the word narcissist is thrown out left right and centre these days but I genuinely think she has narcissistic personality disorder. I don’t think she is capable of self reflection. I think she genuinely convinces herself that she is justified in the things that she does. I think anyone not blowing smoke up her arse is seen as her enemy. Any constructive criticism is taken as an attack. When things don’t go her way she doesn’t have the ability to reflect on her role and take responsibility for her choices and actions, she thinks she is the victim.

I think she is a covert/vulnerable narcissist and can appear empathetic but it’s not genuine. I think it’s all done to manipulate for her own benefit. These types of narcissists can be very convincing when you first meet them and when you start questioning things you doubt yourself as you keep remembering the nice them from the love bombing stage.

I think the most dangerous thing with Jack is that she has this platform that gives her access to lots of people. I don’t think she will change, how people view and respond to her will need to change and sadly at this stage I can’t see that it will as she seems to get away with all kinds of crap!
i can’t remember the classifications of narcissists off hand but if covert narcissist is the one where they get their supply by pretending to be an oppressed victim, then yes bang on. I’m not really sure she’s capable of self reflection either. This would mean that the 12 steps would not work for such a person because step 4, which is pivotal, requires a lot of deep and quite dispassionate self reflection. If you do it right you end up with a really naked view of your own faults and weaknesses, there is no room for deflection and excuse making. It’s very cathartic, but difficult.

this is why people with certain mental health conditions in AA often find the steps don’t work for them unless they are also getting professional outside help for the MH condition. You can’t do self reflection if your brain chemicals won’t let you do it for whatever reason.

• Heart
I had no idea who LP was so went to Google and spotted her Wiki. Interestingly, she too has PTSD (although hers is CPTSD) - did Jack claim to have this before she met this woman? :unsure: Or was it never mentioned until afterwards? #genuinequestion

They do look somewhat alike, although LP is slightly "better looking" (IMHO), so I can understand them being mistaken for one another ~from a distance~ :geek:
LP is a "proper" writer though, with award nominations and stuff - something that could make a not-so-successful and definitely NOT THAT FAMOUS writer jealous. That's the extent of my knowledge and I'll stop there, or I'll end up down another twatter-style rabbit hole!o_O

Jack is a bit like Hunch: they both think they're so famous that everyone knows them, yet nobody outside their niches has even heard of them.
I dunno, on googling LP I see another face whose shins I'd like to kick.

*Disclaimer I would not actually be violent to someone on the basis of their unappealing (in my eyes) phizzog.

• Haha

NeoCortex

Chatty Member
I mean even when you get say a 2 for £3 offer its not applied till the END of the transaction. So what is she doing? Asking the poor checkout operator (of which there are like two left now) to keep ringing up a total?

• Sad

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Sorry if someone grabbed this already, but I think we missed it:

View attachment 1368279View attachment 1368278

Given that her most notable foray into kids' cooking so far involved carefully balancing a very hot vessel on upturned teaspoons, steaming a pudding full of allergens for hours, and ending up with something named for its resemblance to a turd, I SHAN'T be holding my breath.

(Not even touching the autism bit, that's for more knowledgeable Frauen!)
If Jack sends out donated some of her (unsold, mouldering in a garage, because even Bill the burglar who stole a second hand saucepan and some receipt doesn't want them) books, can this be written off against taxes. If so, how much per copy?

Last edited:
  • Haha

RaeRae

Chatty Member
Sneaking UHT milk past her boy is bullshit, he'd know the difference in taste.
*whispers
I prefer UHT milk, you guyses are making me feel like I've done a poo in a bag.
So glad I'm not the only one who has a thing for UHT milk. I really like the taste of it.

• Heart
  • Wow