Jack Monroe #327 Three and a half stars on Wikifeet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think her friends ( who owned the dog know her well) I personally wouldn't say now was the right them, especially with her reasonings of like a baby especially if the tale is true that she has had recent losses.

She needs time to deal with those loses, not move on to the next quick fix because babies arent coming as fast as she hoped. She's only 34, she's still got a few years to make more babies when the right partner comes along. Right Now her focus should be on herself and getting herself well and her son. That's all!

In my opinion everyone in her real life just seems to stick plasters over the massive cracks in her mental health rather than dealing with it properly She needs help, she needs support, she does not need another responsibility.
You're right but she has no interest in getting well. She doesn't think she's unwell. She says she has anxiety and depression when it's far worse than that. She's surrounded by a bunch of enablers and very few people challenge her.

She tweeted last night that her mental health was getting better when it's clear it's in the bin

Maybe the fuzz have been around again after Harold requested a safe and well check or reported her for harassment 🤔
How cynical, don't you know she's going through hell 😀

Actually deceased at the thought of her ex calling shelter to find out how to get a restraining order

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
You're right but she has no interest in getting well. She doesn't think she's unwell. She says she has anxiety and depression when it's far worse than that. She's surrounded by a bunch of enablers and very few people challenge her.

She tweeted last night that her mental health was getting better when it's clear it's in the bin
I was actually honestly thinking today that it's actually worse than it was, during lockdown. All the help she is getting is not working and I mean that sincerely. As a person on the outside looking in she is really not well, her behaviour is erratic and she is messing up left right and centre. It's all going to come tumbling down.

Reactions: 33
She's awfully quiet. Wonder what today's chaos is 😜
What's betting she's taken the pup round to meet her parents and arrange for them to take on doggy care at the same time. I wouldn't be pleased if I were them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Would it be too much to hope that she's puppy-proofed the house (and garden)?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I was actually honestly thinking today that it's actually worse than it was, during lockdown. All the help she is getting is not working and I mean that sincerely. As a person on the outside looking in she is really not well, her behaviour is erratic and she is messing up left right and centre. It's all going to come tumbling down.
She is absolutely worse than she was in lockdown. Crispy hair. Pleather. Dinky boy. Oh and last night's dramatics.

Reactions: 24
If she's on EE there's been a massive nationwide outage today, still going on.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Has she walked the puppy past Harold’s house? Hoping Maureen will take the bait and go outside for a fight?

Maureen is very chill though so ignored her.

24C1E908-F0DE-499F-BB83-D15835BB69D6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I think they are still on that dog walk as Jack find it impossible to control said pup who surprisingly does not know her name or how to heel.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
As an aside I don't understand why you'd pay £280 for a Glasto ticket to spend the Friday night watching Billy Bragg but each to their own 😬
Leftfield is a weird concept. OK, so Glasto doesn’t just have to be about music, but it’s supposed to be mildly entertaining at least. I’m on the same side as most of the speakers politically, and whenever I’ve walked through it or been pestered into going to events with friends I’ve still either found it arse clenchingly embarrassing or just boring. Like going to a politics lecture at a posh uni except everyone is on the same side so they’re just agreeing with each other.

So, we’ve got 100/1 on her actually going to Glasto. Who’s going to give me odds on an ‘I’m actually allergic to the dog. Must rehome. So sad’ in a few weeks when she realises how much hard work they are.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Leftfield is a weird concept. OK, so Glasto doesn’t just have to be about music, but it’s supposed to be mildly entertaining at least. I’m on the same side as most of the speakers politically, and whenever I’ve walked through it or been pestered into going to events with friends I’ve still either found it arse clenchingly embarrassing or just boring. Like going to a politics lecture at a posh uni except everyone is on the same side so they’re just agreeing with each other.

So, we’ve got 100/1 on her actually going to Glasto. Who’s going to give me odds on an ‘I’m actually allergic to the dog. Must rehome. So sad’ in a few weeks when she realises how much hard work they are.
I would respect her more if she made the decision without tweeting it. She doesn't need to tweet every brain fart she has.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think they are still on that dog walk as Jack find it impossible to control said pup who surprisingly does not know her name or how to heel.
Poor pup will just be spinning on the end of the lead with no concept of what’s going on. She needs to get it used to the lead in the garden first with lots of encouragement and training treats. Our new boy has come to us as an adult dog who’d never worn a harness or walked on a lead before, or ever been taken out for a walk. We had to start from scratch with training, he’s done really well and he loves walks now but he’s no where near walking to heel or having good enough recall to be let off. You can’t just stick a dog on a lead and expect it to know what to do.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I'm not really sure how to post on here (my first post) or where to post this, so I'll just jump in and do it here if that's okay.

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone on here.

I used to be actually be Jack's friend and I'd defend her to anyone, even losing friends in the process. But then some things started to niggle at me. And then some more things. Then I came across this site and read things that very much made me feel not alone in my niggling thoughts. A few months ago I ended our friendship. Not with any announcement or argument with her; I simply stopped replying. I feel a lot better with having to not deal with her crap and not being used. I don't think I would have done it without lurking on here and seeing that I wasn't alone in what I kept doubting and thinking. So thank you.
Bit of a long shot, but do you have a brother who dresses just like you and keeps chickens?

• Haha
Reactions: 82
She’ll be strutting up and down the promenade with content strapped to her front taking thirsty selfies. Then when she gets home she’ll have to facetune the sky so she’ll be a while yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She’ll be strutting up and down the promenade with content strapped to her front taking thirsty selfies. Then when she gets home she’ll have to facetune the sky so she’ll be a while yet.
I don't know why she bothers. Sex appeal zero. She's got a great big hit for herself as we say in Scotland

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Recently Sidey B posted a link on the F&D thread to a cool site that tells you about creatures that live at different depths in the ocean. The lowest point was 10924 metres down when a crew reached The Challenger Deep in 1960. They need to update it and add Jack Monroe in her little submarine of shamelessness as having reached the lowest point any human has ever reached.
I love this image. Someone needs to photoshop Submarine Jack.

Replace the H with a C.

This little fish is too cute to represent JM, but someone once described them as looking like 'haunted ravioli' and I can't stop thinking about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
What's betting she's taken the pup round to meet her parents and arrange for them to take on doggy care at the same time. I wouldn't be pleased if I were them.
Do you think Jack's parents are still speaking to her?

Neither of them appear to have offered to drive her to pick up the dog.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.