Jack Monroe #327 Three and a half stars on Wikifeet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a lighter note I was just in Penneys (Primark for the non-Irish frauen) and saw the most rotten, denim cuffed joggers with ripped details and drawstring waist in the men's section. ā‚¬23 šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I don't think the Patreon income will be counted as income for mortgage purposes

She's an absolute roaster. Rocking up to a bank with her nervous lil face. Eff right off
Sheā€™s not paying tax on it I bet - and she should - so there will be back taxes racking up on Patreon income. Tax will be her downfall - HMRC may even take the dog*
Joke but I wish someone would

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She was talking about carrying the dog in a sling last night and treating it like a baby
**trigger warning - this post contains mention of JM's sad history with pets**

Okay, this is scary and setting off huge alarm bells. I found out about Jack Monroe via the kitten incident, actually through a Mumsnet thread (though I've never been a member). Anyway, on that thread they were discussing her worrying behaviour regarding the kitten and someone said she was wearing it (the kitten) in a sling. If this is the way she's acting with new dog, then it's exactly the kind of attention-seeking behaviour we've seen before with the kitten. And we all know how that ended. I'm so worried about this animal.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
How has she still got an old Baby Bjorn hanging around? They resell easily. Surely she would have sold that before selling her toddlerā€™s toys? If she was still using it during The Povertyā„¢ļø then why was SB always traipsing behind her, dripping wet, crying or whatever?

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I think she caused Dash's death either through neglect, ignorance or a predator such as Cooper or the fox. That's why she didn't announce it at the time.
Cats are generally OK with rabbits though I believe. The ones I know who live in shared spaces, the cats are fascinated by the rabbits but would never harm them, the odd swipe or bop but that's it.

Cooper seems like quite a gentle cat

She clearly got bored with the rabbit

When her son goes to secondary school her son is going to get slagged rotten

There's that banger Monroes son. The zoomer that carries her dog in a sling and fed you water and weetabix. Kids can be mean.

How has she still got an old Baby Bjorn hanging around? They resell easily. Surely she would have sold that before selling her toddlerā€™s toys? If she was still using it during The Povertyā„¢ļø then why was SB always traipsing behind her, dripping wet, crying or whatever?
I actually had the fear that she bought it for the new dog

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Iā€™m not convinced that mini was rehomed to her forever home. She just suddenly went quiet about her which rings major alarm bells.
Sorry if someone has already said this, but it was around the same time she posted about five or six awful things happening in one day, wasn't it? She went quiet about Mini but vagueblocked that life disasters had happened. Also balls Mini wasn't supposed to stay, when the name went with Cooper....

Reactions: 43
There's no way that a puppy slept through the night. Every single one I've had over the years has cried for around a week afterwards, and then they don't sleep through properly either.
She locked it in another room so she couldnā€™t hear it.

I ignored my toddler shouting she wanted to get out of her cot at 5.30 for a good 20 minutes - because its 5.30, she had a nappy on, toys to play with and she could have gone back to sleep šŸ˜“

point is though I still heard her and woke up.

if that was a puppy through the night first night away from mum you canā€™t ignore it. Cruel.

Reactions: 31
Sorry if someone has already said this, but it was around the same time she posted about five or six awful things happening in one day, wasn't it? She went quiet about Mini but vagueblocked that life disasters had happened. Also balls Mini wasn't supposed to stay, when the name went with Cooper....
And she tweeted the hundred or so nicknames she had for Mini.

Pathetic liar

Reactions: 26
No this is the 'shed' she filmed the lingerie in. You can see the missing window.
The garage is the other side. No windows, very dark and damp, poor rabbit x
Sorry to quote myself but I left it too late to edit...
I meant the LINGREENIE not lingerie šŸ„• ffs, I've got all sorts of awful things in my head now!

• Haha
Reactions: 49
**trigger warning - this post contains mention of JM's sad history with pets**

Okay, this is scary and setting off huge alarm bells. I found out about Jack Monroe via the kitten incident, actually through a Mumsnet thread (though I've never been a member). Anyway, on that thread they were discussing her worrying behaviour regarding the kitten and someone said she was wearing it (the kitten) in a sling. If this is the way she's acting with new dog, then it's exactly the kind of attention-seeking behaviour we've seen before with the kitten. And we all know how that ended. I'm so worried about this animal.
Iā€™ve seen those pics but canā€™t remember where. I found it pretty disturbing. I canā€™t quite articulate it but something to do with her not having the right boundaries between animal and human, or owner and animal.

ETA Iā€™m not implying anything truly ā€œwrongā€ here - more just uncanny valley type wrong, if that makes sense? Someone please report if not.

Reactions: 26
On a lighter note I was just in Penneys (Primark for the non-Irish frauen) and saw the most rotten, denim cuffed joggers with ripped details and drawstring waist in the men's section. ā‚¬23 šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®
You should have bought a pair just in case you get invited to an awards ceremony.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Just been thinking about how bonkers Jack's life has become.

She does stuff (or thinks about doing stuff), then tweets about it, then comes here to check what we've said, then deletes/retracts/buries/"clarifies" etc. the tweet depending on what we have said.

That would stress me out.
Oh yes, Iā€™m certain she pops over here several times a day to check our reactions to her Twitter feed. Weā€™re like content editors - she deletes, clarifies or amplifies depending on how much reaction her tweets get here. Because she limits her followers who are allowed to post she can see what the naysayers are thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Cats don't necessarily get along with rabbits. Also, whilst they can live 10 to 12 years or longer (one of mine is 10, the other 7), that's generally if they are kept inside as house bunnies where there isn't much stress. I simply don't believe her re Dash.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Like many here, Jack astounds, confuses, and frustrates me.

I started following these threads back in 2020 shortly after SHE LEFT, I just couldnā€™t comprehend why Jack was posting such personal stuff on Twitter, her mini rows with her followers, and bad mentals one day and then euphoria the next, and her ever-increasing medical conditions - nothing felt real or true.

What Iā€™m beginning to realise now, is that this is a constructed and created persona. The majority of people follow her not for recipes or political hot takes but because they ā€˜enjoyā€™ her chaos, this is what makes her unique. Itā€™s also why we are all here on tattle on these threads, I suspect she really enjoys her notoriety here, and the spats she has with ā€˜trollsā€™ on Twitter.

She actually has very little other talent to offer other than the shock and awe of her chaos, even when she first started as a blogger/small-town journalist she was vague about the truth and her content is peppered with inaccuracies and down-right lies, and we all know THE POVERTY was largely a creation to make a niche for her to hang her basic cookery tips upon.

How much she now believes her own created persona is open for debate but we do know she sees all her Twitter created content as ā€˜workā€™ and it would explain why her family and friends do not expose the lies. Itā€™s not unlike Lorraine openly discussing her own created ā€˜Chatty TV Personaā€™ during her HMRC case.

To give Jack her credit, she has done a good job with this and manages to shoehorn so many new interests and topics into her content each week, she manages to keep picking up more followers than she loses - this week itā€™s break-ups, miscarriages, and fluffy dogs šŸ™ Next week it will be festivals and Scotland.

I now no longer believe OH existed. My strong suspicion is she does want to have another child, I canā€™t help wondering whether SBā€™s Dad has agreed to ā€˜helpā€™ - this would explain the several miscarriages.
I've long thought that too.
I can only assume he's always pined for her as I can't think of any other reason why he would be so tolerant of her crap, especially about SB.
He definitely moved in at some point last year. The moving the front room round nonsense was to create another bedroom for him and his other kids. She seems to have had a bee in her bonnet about her 'blended family ' since the caravan last summer. The references to 'my kids' and 'my family '
She bought another 'Raa' for her next baby and frequently talked about SBs siblings being there, especially the 'cuddled up in bed' with them (which was creepy AF)
I also think this is why she extended the lease, she thought this was now her permanent family.
My personal opinion was that Mini couldn't be sold and SBs dad was stuck with the kitten. As he was living there it automatically became their cat as a couple and left whenever SBs dad left.

(Obviously m'lud this is just an opinion that I've formed due to Jack's frequent over sharing on SM)

• Wow
Reactions: 47
Those Doodle dogs cost about 3.5k round here. Iā€™m a long time fosterer for a dog rescue charity. We take them all in from the absolute weapons like her that have no idea about responsible ownership. Makes me want to weep.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
The six disasters thing was new year's eve 2021. Not sure when the kitten was last mentioned.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.