Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

trueblue222

VIP Member
I was just joking and using rhyming slang ! As if Jack would go to somewhere in Glasgow where there's actual intergeneration poverty . She'll stick to west end or fancy hotel in city centre
Yeah she'll be in Finnieston when I'll be in a field watching Muse. I think I have the better deal

For context I have no beef with Finneston or anyone who lives there but absolutely. She launches herself into the west end of Glasgow talks about poverty and fucks off home

I can't be bothered with poverty tourist's like her

• Heart
Reactions: 21

trueblue222

VIP Member
She doesn't and I think she knows it, which is why she's pushing the political commentary stuff.

I guess there's only Miguel with a similar profile and I'd much rather cook his meals as they a) look nicer but more importantly b) don't get served with a side of misery.
Look nicer. Easy to cook. Less ingredients.
She's shit at politics too as we know

As I said a week or two ago I bought a couple of his books. So far I've made the vegan mac and cheese. The bubble and squeak potatoes, the Leek and potato samosas and the spring onion noodles (its astonishing). Plus an aubergine pasta sauce .

Reactions: 21

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
View attachment 1338605

For me this adds to the theory it was all a bit of a character for her as she (famously?) has very little formal education... #budgetjonestruther

Maybe she was lying about a degree in her volunteering/local journo circles to feel less bad about herself? (Nothing wrong with not having a degree, but I can see jack feeling ashamed about lacking that middle class milestone)
If she was, that can often be used against hiring you in a retail setting. They think you won't stay very long, because you'll take your degree and go, and they'll have to go through the whole hiring process again. I wonder what she pretended it was in?

Reactions: 20

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
Fucking Hell, that website is worse than my old MySpace page 🥴 As for his GitHub profile, well… I wish I had access to my PC right now.

• Haha

catgoldo

I have to stop reading Tattle before I go to bed. I had a dream I was back trying to find my old house in Westcliffe but every time I thought I found it I ended up back in Big D’s home where for some reason they had incredibly technologically sophisticated super cool toys for all their foster kids. Maybe the dreams are catching and we’re all going to end up in a shared Jackiverse like that Buffy episode?!
omgggg I love Buffy don’t want to associate it with our friend J!

• Haha
  • Heart

Ohnoshebettadont

I know Darren mcGarvey can be a bit of a diva and problematic in his own way but his first book really did tear Jack and her ilk a new one; he’s since written about the conflicted feelings he has about being ‘accepted’ by the middle class lefties (ie is he now in with the set but alienating his background, or is he just a mascot?)

it shows far more self awareness than Jackcould ever attempt - but then again he can afford to be honest as his backstory can’t be disputed.
OT AND GRUNKING SORRY! Maybe one for the Scottish fraus but…

I heard a rumour (friend of a friend) that Mcgarbey’s mum was middle class (teacher) and that he was a bit of a paper bam (eg just mucked about with the radges but wasn’t an actual radge). Might be a load of shite but I find him so annoying I want to believe it.
It’s even more annoying that his book and tv show was legitimately insightful and good when he is such a self important arsehole with problematic views about women😅

• Haha

Mrs Moon

VIP Member
Henry Dimbleby ont BBC Breakfast right now talking about free school meals and child poverty right now. Spoke glowingly of Marcus Rashford’s efforts during lockdown. No mention of Jack Monroe so far! How odd, considering how much she boasts about her working with him!
He's obviously not a fan of the Pumble!! 🤣😁

• Haha

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I’ve noticed there are loads of account on FB, IG and TikTok doing cheap meals. All fast, minimal prep, bright and look tasty. I don’t know where she fits in with her endless plates of brown sadness.
She doesn't! I think it's only Jack and her supporters who believe slop is suitable for Poors. Like you say, there's plenty of regular people showing that it really isn't the case. They do it in a far more professional (and appetising) way than Jack's ever managed, usually on top of work and family life too.

Yes I don't know his @ but there's this Brummie guy that comes up on my TikTok that does meals for 4 for less than a fiver and they look edible, filling and actually cost a fiver for all ingredients.
Meals by Mitch? Some of his stuff looks lovely.

trueblue222

VIP Member
Check the dates. 2017. Polishes off her second bowl of mac and cheese. She does talk about how to veganise this dish but I don't get the impression she ate the vegan version

2018 - committed vegan and....... getting threats because she had a book out with non vegan recipes in it

Attachments

• Sick

BashmentLady

VIP Member
View attachment 1340531View attachment 1340532

Glaswegian Fraus should probably also take precautions. Do not leave the house without your shinpads and
remember if under attack by small pixies, you can dazzle them by showing them their own reflection. Take advantage of this opportunity while they're setting up the camera timer to leg it.
Ill meet you in Frammies. I'll be singing SWEET CAROLINE (SHE HAS HANDS!)

• Haha
Reactions: 19

trueblue222

VIP Member
The benefits delay was probably the lie she told her parents to justify her overspending and borrowing off them.
Not sure that she did borrow off them tbh. She might have left the job with a couple of months wages plus if she was OK at that point with cash she would have had money to tide her over.

She's basically said she didn't tell them she was broke so they didn't give her money.

Her mum was questioned at the time of the Sunday People article and said Jack didn't want help. She was an idiot for not claiming benefits as soon as she was entitled

Pavlova

VIP Member
See Kevin Bridges is on at the Fringe around same time as Jack would make me such a happy little Gremlin if every thing she says he's front row giving it " Did you aye ?"
Can you imagine. She laugh, and so would the audience, but she would be FEWMING

• Haha