Jack Monroe #322 Mr T Roll and the Mitty Bungalow Mystery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh don’t tempt me back to Blowsie - I wasted literally weeks of my life to GOMI Londoner threads back in the day - as far back as Gino Ginelli if that means anything to you…

Anchovies are ok. To a point. I’m not in love or anything (just because).
I used to distract myself from work/masters by reading her bollocks with Val etc.

Reactions: 14
Hot diggity dawg, I can’t believe you trolling ninnies begrudge her another foreign holiday! She was literally sat on a gun a few days ago - that knocks the complete pumble out of you. She's spent more time than ever existed working on sumfin or nuffin. She definitely made a Tawdry Trifle that fed the whole street. The rozzers swore it was the best thing ever! (y) She also spoke to a man and 'phoned someone to shout "Lights On!" before slamming the 'phone down (probably). She also instigated several pile ons and feverishly copied and pasted other people's hot takes and hashtags. I think she was laser focussed about something and made some new pals, mates and chummies. 💁‍♀️
Phew, exhaustipating!
She doesn't have to attend every battle and I think you’ll find that it’s not her circus, not her monkeys. It is churlish of you not to regard her as "free from the obligation that binds everyone else".

You can keep your bullying facts. "I choose to believe whatever is most convenient for me." ✊

• Haha
Reactions: 73
I don’t even reckon she went to Holland.

She probably hid in her garden and used all the chairs to make a tableau.

Moron.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I used to distract myself from work/masters by reading her bollocks with Val etc.

Feebs had a lucky escape - sometimes I remember their matching wanchor tatts and laugh to myself.

SORRY MODS I WILL STOP NOW

Reactions: 11
I wish she'd give us some blog posts about her foreign adventures. I want moustachioed gondoliers telling Jack that her risotto is better than their nonna's, and tulip farmers tripping over their clogs in their haste to thank her for all she does. Come on, Jack, Facetuned selfies are fine, but implausible anecdotes are so much better!

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I made Spaghetti Puttanesca for dinner tonight, because I suddenly discovered I actually DO like anchovies. I held my nose, and used Mom’s recipe, which seemed relatively authentico.

Purely for shits and giggles, I wondered if Jack had a version, and OF COURSE she does. Now, I may have been a Puttenesca virgin till a couple of hours ago, but I don’t think this recipe is right in the head. Or nice. Or edible:

From the comments in the linked article. Imagine going to your GP and have them direct you to Jack Monroe's website! This is worse than bloody Shipman.

Screenshot 2022-06-13 21.21.12.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
I know Darren mcGarvey can be a bit of a diva and problematic in his own way but his first book really did tear Jack and her ilk a new one; he’s since written about the conflicted feelings he has about being ‘accepted’ by the middle class lefties (ie is he now in with the set but alienating his background, or is he just a mascot?)

it shows far more self awareness than Jackcould ever attempt - but then again he can afford to be honest as his backstory can’t be disputed.
OT AND GRUNKING SORRY! Maybe one for the Scottish fraus but…

I heard a rumour (friend of a friend) that Mcgarbey’s mum was middle class (teacher) and that he was a bit of a paper bam (eg just mucked about with the radges but wasn’t an actual radge). Might be a load of shite but I find him so annoying I want to believe it.
It’s even more annoying that his book and tv show was legitimately insightful and good when he is such a self important hole with problematic views about women😅

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What a bleep. Like many of my fellow normal human being parent friends, I've not had a weekend off in years. Last holiday was 2016. duck off you spoilt brat, Jack. Imagine being so crappy that no one wants to go on holiday with you. Perhaps her enablers were bust washing their hair or watching paint dry.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
If you like anchovies there is an “influencer” famous from GOMI days called Rosie Londoner (thread on here) who is eating anchovy spread every morning at the moment.

In Italy.

With coffee.

We arrive at 9, leave at 3 and do nothing in our holidays.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
All those INSET days we have too where we go shopping or to the pub 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OT AND GRUNKING SORRY! Maybe one for the Scottish fraus but…

I heard a rumour (friend of a friend) that Mcgarbey’s mum was middle class (teacher) and that he was a bit of a paper bam (eg just mucked about with the radges but wasn’t an actual radge). Might be a load of shite but I find him so annoying I want to believe it.
It’s even more annoying that his book and tv show was legitimately insightful and good when he is such a self important hole with problematic views about women😅
That is very much wide of the mark about his mother.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Omg 100% it doesn’t come across as true to me either, sorry I wasn’t passing a moral judgment on you judging it at all as agree wrt her but just hoped to illustrate that there is no objective criteria for who is or isn’t an addict, or who should or shouldn’t access help. But we should all wish for more than a system that only picks you up when you’re irreversibly fucked.

It’s brilliant that the rooms are so open and caring but as exhibited here opens them up to exploitation from bad players. People that want to add a bit of ~edge~ to their brand, PR spin bad deeds, gain Patreon subs, or just want attention. We can mither about that stuff but we definitively know that she drinks low ABV drinks, so isn’t abstinent as claimed.
A 12-Step Fellowship is the perfect label for Jack - she can say what she likes in a meeting and nobody is checking up and she has the aid of the yellow card so nobody outside the rooms hears what she says.

I commented on the thread of someone else here saying didn’t really believe how much this person said they drank a day and when I also mentioned I was in AA, another fellow had a go at me and questioned my programme because I was sceptical. I am very wary of people who use AA for clout - again, they can dress it up as raising awareness but alcoholics can still be sick and as well as someone in recovery, I’m also human and think I have a good bullshit detector.

I wish Jack wasn’t, imo, messing about with AA but on the other hand, if she hadn’t mentioned it I wouldn’t have read the many wonderful, honest posts related to addiction. It’s given me the opportunity to look at my own journey and I’m grateful for that, and everyone who shares so openly ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Feebs had a lucky escape - sometimes I remember their matching wanchor tatts and laugh to myself.

SORRY MODS I WILL STOP NOW
Rosie sent me to GOMI and I also wasted probably weeks of my life on her threads. Also, how tit is GOMI now? It’s almost unusable. Thinking about it, Alice and Jack are kind of peas in a pod…

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.