Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

L3moning

VIP Member
I'm still completely mystified by the Violet Bollocks Impulse - help!
Nothing about it makes sense...
Jack's colleced thousands of shopping receipts from her insane horde of supporters
She will (presumably) tabulate all these in an excel spreadsheet or similar (or possibly some pink Bratz notebooks using glittery gel pens, when her hurty arthritic fingers allow).
She will then be in possession of loads of prices of things from ages ago.
Which will be used to ... do fucking what?
The intent is to prove that the price of "value" ranges of foods have increased by more than the published rate of inflation and, therefore, the "true" rate of inflation is higher for the poorest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

instacharlie

VIP Member
I can't put the photos side by side, but that is not the same label as is on the bottle reflected in her glasses. The reflected bottle has a white centre and a shaped peak to the shield. There is no gold band on the reflected bottle, the dimensions of the label are all wrong. It has a label on the neck too.

It is not the same bottle.

Can some clever frau put the photos along side each other pretty please?

ETA, the more I look, the more differences I spot. It's like a spot the difference game.
👏👏👏👏
Affligem doesn't have a white covering on the bottle neck either, as the one in the pic looks to have.

• Wow

Boogs

VIP Member
Henry Dimbleby can't stand her. A lot of these food personalities barely tolerate her. They are excellent actors in her presence and know to top up her narc supply but I do wish they'd be more honest and simply refuse to engage at all. Maybe when they experience negative consequences from associating with her, they'll withdraw.
Didn’t she work with him when she was with Allegra? It strikes me as someone indulging her as favour to his friend.

GoLando

VIP Member
Listening to LBC recently, I have heard a presenter talk about his weekly shopping checkup. Each week he checks the price of 12 items in a basket. I think he has milk, bread, apples, cheese etc, basically 12 highly bought items.

He has a snazzy name for this item, so snazzy that I can’t remember it! But he just does a weekly check up on how much that basket will cost.

A simple, effective way to cost check the increase in prices. He has been doing it for a while now. Sometimes there is no increase.

This is something Jack could have done, but it would require persistent and consistent effort and there isn’t a lot of rage to be had as sometimes there is no increase!
Sound pretty much like what the ONS do 😂 All this reinventing the wheel.

• Haha

Pavlova

VIP Member
Why Southern fraus smile?
Jack up North for a while.😌

(You have our sympathies, but we have thrown you the hot potato and are running away before you can throw it back)
Careful! Big Dave might want that spud as ammo for his bloody gun...

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Henry Dimbleby ont BBC Breakfast right now talking about free school meals and child poverty right now. Spoke glowingly of Marcus Rashford’s efforts during lockdown. No mention of Jack Monroe so far! How odd, considering how much she boasts about her working with him!
You beat me to it, just coming to say ditto

• Haha
  • Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
She’s banging on about nothing.

Tattoos, city-adjacent breaks.

Have a kitkat Jack.

I’ll try. Going rogue is messing with my chakras.

new thread everyone (how do I lock this one?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I have been caught short once or twice when I was younger and I just used alot of toilet roll. Is that maverick, newspaper would cut the floof of ya!
Jack can't possibly claim this because I'd guess almost every woman has done this when caught short, poverty or not. So she had to elevenerife somehow and evidently her mind went to the metro!

• Haha

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I’ve long suspected “traaazers on a bird” is actually the equivalent of the Home You Go stories at the start of every new school year, where you get an angry parent claiming the headteacher wouldn’t let their daughter wear trousers and it turns out actually the problem wasn’t trousers it was that the little darling wanted to wear trousers that didn’t fit the uniform policy. I can picture Jack wanting to wear her own trousers rather than the uniform ones quite clearly in my head…
So on a flight of whimsy thinking about what trousers she might have wanted to wear, I just softly gently (foolishly) typed ‘Jack Monroe trousers’ into the search bar.

This came up
WHAT. THE ACTUAL. FUCK.

I’m out for the night at this point (at 430pm here). Off to bleach my eyes and brain and anything else within shaking distance of an ancient bottle of everlasting bottled lemon which I shall be using for aforementioned purposes. Over and out dear ones!

I LIED!!! This (from last year) also came up. Plucky Working Class Vogue-reading-multiple-traaazers-size-wearing pregnant “visually stimulated” fire bird.

NOW that’s me out!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
Me too dear @heretoreaditall2019

Are all your dinners reeking?
Welcome Jack to Brechin!

Is the lingering honk smelly?
Jack is in Lochgelly!

A saddening odour underneath?
Jack is cooking in Cowdenbeath!

Is the honk far too lingery
Jack get the first bus out of Ballingry!
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Haha
  • Heart

NellieBoo

VIP Member
Still nothing cooking from Jack? Thank Gawd for that! I've been BUSY with an actual real life job of work. Imagine that, Jack.

I don't wish to alarm anyone but I wonder if she is doing her tour of the ten poorest areas of the UK for the Vast Bollocks Index?

• Haha
  • Wow