Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

margaretta

VIP Member
It 100% wouldn’t have been a welfare check. These only happen if there is concern expressed about immediate risk to self (or others) and police would insist on taking the details and contact number of the reporter. It usually happens when a service or friend/family member hasn’t been able to reach someone who is at potential risk. In my area, police are so overstretched that they have limited capacity to complete welfare checks so will ask for loads of information and push back if possible. I imagine it’s the same everywhere! So I suspect that either it’s just complete nonsense OR the police did rock up at her house but for another issue and she is trying to fabricate a reason for this in case they were spotted entering or leaving her shitty bungalow.
I thought a police welfare check was immediate if there are children in the house.

• Wow
Reactions: 20

hollywood

Discovers Chewin the Fat, years after it ended , so ‘Gonnae no dae that’ and ‘Good guy/wank’.

also, she’s coming to Escotia? I’d better make plans to get out of town asap.
Also burnistoun and limmy
‘ eleven , eleven ,eleeeeveen’
‘Tell me wan thing you’ve done’
‘ I miss yer maw, I miss yer maw’
Oh god if she tarnishes these heroes

• Haha

allybongo

Chatty Member
I'm rather surprised in the telling of this tale the police weren't starstruck when they met Jack and told her 'off the record' how much they admire what she is doing, and that Mrs Policeman is a big fan and uses her cookbooks all the time.
Rather like Mrs Columbo.
Maybe she has her sleeves rolled down and her glasses on? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha

definitelynotvlad

Chatty Member
If she does produce recipes for diabetics I hope someone from a charity representing diabetics steps in. I would not like to see her go after a person with diabetes who questions any recipes she posts. She withdrew from the degree in nutrition she had started as she had too much on. Why does she think she is qualified to produce recipes for people who have medical needs?
Because she’s a literal food expert, HTH x

• Haha

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
I diagnose Jack is a cunt.
From a feminist perspective, I really dislike any mention of HPD. The history of what happened to women who were diagnosed is foul, it was used by abusers to silence them and have them thrown in asylums. It’s been recommended multiple times that it’s thrown out of the DSM. Two screenshots from just one report - there are a lot more out there and it’s disturbing.

550350E9-3D07-4091-ACC3-90A3246022D6.jpeg
0B476B43-0085-4202-9F5E-FF24F2513D6E.jpeg
0B476B43-0085-4202-9F5E-FF24F2513D6E.jpeg

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
My son is on an apprenticeship like this. He tried college but 2 more years of formal education weren't for him. He loves working (weirdo 😂). So he's doing an apprenticeship in something he loves, working in an environment he's happy in with good work mates and he's assigned to a 'mentor' who he works with every day. So proper on the job training + block weeks of off site college based training. So not all apprenticeships are bad. There aren't really any other options for 16/17 year olds who don't want to continue in full time education.
Pay is lower but they have to spend 20% of their work time training, so I think employers factor it in. In my industry you can be qualified by 20/21 and then climb to a really decent wage by mid 20s. You do need to pick carefully though and see what the career progression looks like once the training period is done.

Allaboutthehashtag

Chatty Member
Oh Hashy, I always pretend I just.... might....make it to the show..

I actually think people will indeed turn up to her show... she's a "name".

The venue is very very close to my office....but ...quite far from the aparthotel.

23 or 27 bus, pet (©Laney)
[/QUOTE]
EEwjf0_XoAI4mz5.jpg

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
To be forensic about it😝
A fud is the name given to the tail of a rabbit and therefore ladies front bums became known as fuds because of the pubes resemblance…..
Either that all my whole life I’ve been under misapprehension.
Our favourite game is finding number plates that we would totally refuse.

(I don’t know if you can refuse number plates but the game is fun)

• Haha

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
Soooooo…someone told the Police Jack Con-roe receives threatening messages and rather than just saying “I don’t want to make a complaint”, she’s accusing the person of being a troll and now the Police will be after them?

And this banger needs to be brought forward from the last thread (TW: suicide/harm):

View attachment 1328308

Core of steel? She develops bad mentals when someone questions the existence of the VBI.

Not feeling fine?
Thin blue line

(For what it’s worth, I think it’s this week’s episode of things that didn’t happen)
Oh @LennyBriscoe i am DeAd at that first para!! Sorry I didn’t see the other text. I meant the ‘core of steel para’

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

trueblue222

VIP Member
View attachment 1331789

Send your suggestions, frauen, I'll make more cards.
I'd go for get off your knees Scotland and surely we need a nod to Nicola S

With a reference to salt and vinegar or salt and sauce?

That would really sent Jack into a tailspin

Surely she has to sample a roll and fritter as well.... and a pickle

Or a pizza crunch. Or a munchie box

Then she can go back to Essex and claim she invented them

I really hope Sean Clerkin gets wind of that.
He used to be a member of the Scottish resistance with a guy called James Scott then I believe they fell out

(I can't emphasise enough how wacky some of the fringe elements of Scottish indy folks are, there are several folk on indy Scots twitter who make Clerkin look sane).

Last edited:
Reactions: 19