Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fully believe that Jack is exaggerating her alcohol issues with the purpose of attention seeking with the "I am an alcoholic" label. Of course, she's the most alcoholic alcoholic to ever live, just like she was the veganest vegan, and the world's most lesbian leftie lezzer. None of which turned out to be true.

She is so socially awkward that she probably benefits from the set up of AA meetings, where they have to accept her, and there's a specific subject to talk about. The attention, support and perceived pity (actually empathy) available will be very appealing for her obvious Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It gave me the chills to see that she's now secretary or something. It shows that the group leaders are fully taken in by her. It makes me think of autism support groups; since 2014 I have noticed a big change in several groups, with blatantly non-disabled people attending and taking over. Without going into 🔺 details, narcissistic larping individuals literally destroy a group by polarising the group and effectively forcing out their non-supporters via alienation, and the whole group somehow changes to suit them once they get close with staff/leaders/facilitators. In my case, the group centered on their non-autistic needs and concerns to the exclusion of actual autistics, and they had vile ableist attitudes towards disabled autistics.

I don't think this is deliberate on Jack's part (she's not clever enough), it's a natural consequence of her profound self-absorption, larping, and playing the fragile victim. For her part, she probably just sees those with concerns about her as bullies, and she won't even notice those who have quietly left because they no longer feel they fit in, because she sees herself as the centre of the meetings and they are too irrelevant for her to notice.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 101
I fully believe that Jack is exaggerating her alcohol issues with the purpose of attention seeking with the "I am an alcoholic" label. Of course, she's the most alcoholic alcoholic to ever live, just like she was the veganest vegan, and the world's most lesbian leftie lezzer. None of which turned out to be true.
And the single ist single parent ever 🙄
That really was horribly unkind.

AA/AA adjacent frau - I have been pondering over the secretary role. What does it entail? Would there be an element of canniness in her selection on the part of others? Force her to sit, listen and think about other people for once? I've no idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
You mean she’s still not posted the trifle recipe? What on earth was the point. Yet another colossal waste of time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

She is so socially awkward that she probably benefits from the set up of AA meetings, where they have to accept her, and there's a specific subject to talk about. The attention, support and perceived pity (actually empathy) available will be very appealing for her obvious Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It gave me the chills to see that she's now secretary or something. It shows that the group leaders are fully taken in by her. It makes me think of autism support groups; since 2014 I have noticed a big change in several groups, with blatantly non-disabled people attending and taking over. Without going into 🔺 details, narcissistic larping individuals literally destroy a group by polarising the group and effectively forcing out their non-supporters via alienation, and the whole group somehow changes to suit them once they get close with staff/leaders/facilitators. In my case, the group centered on their non-autistic needs and concerns to the exclusion of actual autistics, and they had vile ableist attitudes towards disabled autistics.

I don't think this is deliberate on Jack's part (she's not clever enough), it's a natural consequence of her profound self-absorption, larping, and playing the fragile victim. For her part, she probably just sees those with concerns about her as bullies, and she won't even notice those who have quietly left because they no longer feel they fit in, because she sees herself as the centre of the meetings and they are too irrelevant for her to notice.
Indeed, I feel for those in her meetings that realise what she's all about. I fear they will be in the minority, unfortunately. Likely others will think it's them with the problem, that's so often how these situations play out with a genuine narcissist.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Indeed, I feel for those in her meetings that realise what she's all about. I fear they will be in the minority, unfortunately. Likely others will think it's them with the problem, that's so often how these situations play out with a genuine narcissist.
I take it (sorry I don’t know anything about this at all) that Jack cannot be questioned about their sobriety etc? There is just a general acceptance of everyone and you cannot question motives or actual alcoholism? Sorry if this lands poorly.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
It gave me the chills to see that she's now secretary or something. It shows that the group leaders are fully taken in by her.
Sorry this is gonna be a long comment cos there’s so much to touch on - but no, thankfully this isn’t really the case but I imagine Jack thinks it is hence her constant bleating on about it. These people will be elected at a group conscious which (ime) barely anyone turns up to anyway, they’ll put themselves forward and someone else will second that. Then it happens. There’s lots of instances where secretaries go by the wayside and it’s why it’s more common for them to require two years of sobriety than one (again, ime) as they’re often the key holders! It’s a non hierarchical program so it’s not her being elevated above us mere mortals nor a gold standard on her sobriety, it’s a service position she’s taken on. And again just ime (not fact or inter/national truth) it’s usually the hardest position to fill as it requires you to be there week in week out, rain or shine, and it’s why I’ve never done it (I do tea 💅🏻).

And yeah I completely agree. There are more articulate fraus who will be able to say this properly but imo she’s an incredibly abusive and manipulative person. And there are plenty of foul abusive and manipulative men who’ve used MH and addiction issues as part of this pained genius mythology/reputation for themselves, she’s so desperate to be a legend that she’s just cosplaying it in the hope it sticks. Like conscious of over sharing or me-railing but even though my journey into recovery wasn’t necessarily what you’d expect for AA as I loved uppers and going out more than drinking tbh, but I’ve never ever ever heard any woman share a story remotely like Jack’s but plenty like me - far more women who just couldn’t deal with their brains with added chemicals than the six billion unit drinkers who miraculously abstain when a kid is at home, it just doesn’t happen, sorry.

She’s an incredibly inauthentic person who doesn’t know herself so picks up these identities, diseases and illnesses, mental health conditions and other “issues” in the hope of forming a person. She’d be better off shedding all this stupid Twitter tit and finding out what actually makes her happy. This isn’t even shady but honestly maybe working in John Lewis and training to be a visual merchandiser so she can play with their stock all day long would be a more fulfilling path than pretending to like food or care about poor people? Surely this is the tit a therapist should be talking to her about not ✨what bookings will you be taking Q3 dahling✨

There’s more to be said on rooms being safe spaces and authenticity and ego and tbh dangerous predatory individuals but tattle isn’t the place for me to share those feelings, but they do exist. The rooms have been going for time and there’s been worse than Jackie and there will be worse to come yet, there are traditions governing us and old timers who stomp tit out pronto so Southend massive pls don’t be dissuaded from attending for fear of Richard Hammond being there in her acid wash cuffed denim. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 105
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.