Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a really great, well-reasoned read, thank you. I do hope you stick around

Reactions: 52
Thanks for explaining. I’d be grateful to have a rep who was a nit picker, looking for potential loopholes they’ve previously had experience of that I mightn’t have foreseen, to ensure my needs are met and my rights are protected.
Being in a union doesn’t come for free; what you’ve described is basically what I’ve been paying my dues for, for almost 25 years. Im very glad they continue to challenge employers.

Reactions: 40
Jack might threaten them with not seeing SB (if he actually lived with her...) but it'd last about a week before she couldn't cope and had to take him somewhere away from her. She's too selfish and incompetent to be an actual single parent.

Reactions: 30
I can only speak from my experience, and I'm yet to meet a competent rep. That's not to say they're all shit, I just haven't dealt with a good one. Nit picking isnt the same as being thorough & HR aren't the bad guys lol. Usually the bad guys are the executives and their shady ethics - thats where HR can step in.

Reactions: 29
Jack's the GOAT of GOATs. It's exhausting! To her dubious credit, she is a great bare-faced liar which has cost her friends but made her ££££. Maybe that's all she really wants. By great liar, I mean she monitises the lies against all odds, sense and reason, not that her lies are super credible!

Send sad facios! (Sorry to be so flippant myself, not a defence mechanism, I’m basically an idiot.)
Thanks - I was wondering how to say it! I tried pity-os but knew that wasn't right.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely. In my experience, HR are notoriously difficult to even get in touch with, never mind engage with. As I say, no judgment or general ill feeling toward you, Frau. Just wanted you to help me understand it from a different viewpoint.

Reactions: 20
Absolutely. In my experience, HR are notoriously difficult to even get in touch with, never mind engage with. As I say, no judgment or general ill feeling toward you, Frau. Just wanted you to help me understand it from a different viewpoint.
Yeah HR gets a really bad name - its frustrating for the good ones as with everything, there are good and bad!

Reactions: 22
Dear LJC , is your favourite ice cream a Solero ?

Reactions: 32
Oh MAN you realise that some reps (not all reps) get into it just to have the opportunity to rage at management, get het up and thump the table, all with the added “protection” that you can’t suspend a union rep quite as easily as the average person, you have to inform the union, they have additional rights protecting them from dismissal relating to union activity. If you had seen some of the things I’ve seen....

Reactions: 28
This is it, I can totally understand people who keep the peace in order to access their children / grandchildren. The difference here is BIB. There aren't just a few peripheral people who buy into Jack's constant stream of bullshit, and who can be warned off sensitively. She's being lauded by the press, to the public at large, and it has to stop because it's properly horrifying.

Reactions: 50
Oh I have met some good ones- they don’t last. Either burn out or get complacent.

Reactions: 17
She's lying about Mini now, again. This is why I hate her enablers. Allowing her go about her casual animal cruelty is criminal.

Do you really think that if she was fostering Mini she wouldn't have told us? So much about introducing her to the family etc, nothing about her leaving. Right, OK.

Reactions: 77
Oh I have met some good ones- they don’t last. Either burn out or get complacent.
I'm definitely feeling burnt out! People don't realise how full on it is, especially as a generalist. 101 things happening all at once. I like the nicer stuff now, the engagement stuff. Less drama lol

I realise you may have meant the reps there. Its been a long day

Reactions: 20
Can she go back to making shitty slop that we can all point and laugh at?

I hate politics Jack, I hate high horse Jack, I hate hate hate all this bullshit. She's somehow incredibly dull and frustratingly fascinating. Madness.

Reactions: 47
This is, I believe, precisely the reason she is allowed to have the platform she does.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.