Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sandra poppet, won't you please give jack another chance? She's really rather lovely, she's putting me in the acknowledgements section of her new book! What's that dear can you speak up? No no no not the book about clogged drain hair crafting, the one with the garlic jam recipe! oh it's rather exciting for an ordinary person like myself.

R (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
so her FINAL FINAL FINAL FINAL manuscript includes ingredients and methods quickly cobbled together from 9 year old recipe scribblings and looking at photos from her instagram all done the night before? I cannot wait to see this absolute shitshow of a book 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
So exciting. She's not even testing the recipes, she's guessing what might be in them based on old photos. Standard industry practice, no doubt.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Wait, how is this CONTENT? You're a bleeping recipe writer? I write technical papers for cryptocurrencies, and I've never felt the need to add embarrassing anecdotes about whoever I'm dating to beef up the word count.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
she talks about this OH just like she talked about Louisa - as if they are boring uptight squares who exist to look upon lovingly at Jack, their little quirky maverick pixie. Even though LJC seems to live a rich, full and adventurous life travelling the world while Jack sits around tweeting old pictures of herself wearing hats soooo....

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
I don’t think there’s a real book. There can’t be. Surely??????

** Looks forward to the story of her book being junked by the publishers when they found out she hooked up with a fella. 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 28
That whole last minute edits farce was totally for show. See how exhaustingly creative the writer's life is for a miniature maverick genius! She may go gonzo, but by God she gets the job done! What a performance/fart on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
If most of Harold's family are on Twitter and haven't warned him off yet, there's no hope.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.