Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Poor obsessed Liverpool Squig. He has been waiting all morning and still the ungrateful prune leaves him hanging.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Maybe this very Important and Terrifying Meeting is Jack making plans to finally fulfill her dream of moving to Scotland??

Thoughts and prayers Scottish frauen, though the South will be more than happy to pass the baton 🙏😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Just shows how, for her, the relationship between mother and child is not the priority
This interview (adenoidal, bunged up, whiny, talking absolute shite-this is the genesis of the lilac convertible Mercedes’ and the fire service van with hay in the back for eg) tipped me over the edge about the way the thinks about her son.

Calls her child “it”, says parenting is not that hard (well Jack not the way you do it you vile narc) and ultimately describes having a child as “sort of like having a dog that answers back”. And is just totally detached when talking about her child/parenthood. There is no warmth to her whatsoever. About 6mins 40 in to about 7:10 for that delightful segment

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Maybe this very Important and Terrifying Meeting is Jack making plans to finally fulfill her dream of moving to Scotland??

Thoughts and prayers Scottish frauen, though the South will be more than happy to pass the baton 🙏😂
I'm close to the border, let me know and I'll set up a barricade on the A1.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I also think she’s already opened the box but I’m telling everyone now this squig isn’t going to give up on his unopening video anytime soon. He is a bit weird but this is the echo chamber Jack creates - it is all her own doing she has no boundaries with people she doesn’t know and has never met.

Jack also thinks she can turn it into an echo chamber by blocking an dissenter, which is a terrible way to do things. Her ego is out of control now because of it and she cannot deal with the slightest hint of criticism, given how defensive she gets her psychologist on speed dial should be advising her not to be on it. She needs intense therapy for her lack of social skills, boundaries, god complex and attachment issues. But I feel there’s a story with Jack that’s the route of it all and it’s all to do with her parents and attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Idk but I think it’s silly to tell people if they don’t need it to pass it on. Despite Jack’s portrayal of the country we’re not all living in pre WW2 east end slums anymore, like the majority of households would continue paying the higher DD and making cutbacks elsewhere on non essential things. They don’t need it, but why shouldn’t they have it?!

Reactions: 27
I do my best not to be cynical or dismissive. Hard when squigs are so stupid though.
Going out to do RL stuff. Later Frauen ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh god she’s up, can you pls do a thread on how Patreon works hun I’d be super interested

1A174C84-CE9C-42A5-B327-AAABFBCE2549.jpeg

2C79B80D-778C-4907-9ECC-41CAE05BF67A.jpeg

Hope someone asks her about what % she gets from the copies she asks ppl buy for foodbanks

(New fav gif)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Literally no body thinks an author gets the retail price of book. As does nobody think the farmer gets the full price when you buy a bag of potatoes from Asda s. 🤷‍♀️

I don't buy the 1.44% figure, it can be as low as that I bet depending on a promotion. But I don't think that's the average or shows the fullness of the deal and all renumeration s.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Good thing she has her collaborations, patreons and media appearances to keep the wolves from the door.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
0_BOB-1.jpg

'I once forced the price of my cook books down reducing my advances and royalties, so I could leave myself and my son borderline destitute.'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
The way she’s doing these %s is highly misleading, with them adding up to 98% odd, when the reality is they’re going to be stacked. So her agent and the tax man would only get a % of the lower figure once the 25% returns thing had been accounted for. So it’s not 25+20+20 of x it’s 20+20 of (100-25)*x?

Also don’t want to go boring but ime you get your immediate sales figures that respond to marketing or sales activity then your realised financial figure once the returns period closes. She gets paid royalties twice annually so I highly doubt they’d be bothering authors with such things, as any “open” sales would just roll into the next hy? We have actual authors on the thread who can debunk this latest load of bollocks tho 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 49
But how much was the advance payment for those books Jack?! That’s where the money comes from!
Speaking of books, she tweets a lot for someone with a looming deadline.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.