Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the hell is wrong with her? If we are to believe this entire scenario, she then scuttles off to twitter to betray her son and embarrass him in the process. All to look like such a good mum. For keeping his secret. šŸ™„

Screenshot_20220527-234741_Twitter.jpg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
What the hell is wrong with her? If we are to believe this entire scenario, she then scuttles off to twitter to betray her son and embarrass him in the process. All to look like such a good mum. For keeping his secret. šŸ™„

View attachment 1299424
I honestly hate this tweet so much. What a wonderful mother she is for letting her son have a moment of pride to himself. How dare he. And after he burnt a fancy tea towel too! What would his granddad think?! But no, lets applaud Jack for not being an attention seeking bastard and hurting her sons feelings.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Sheā€™s really shown her true colours/let the mask slip today. For the reasons others have explained so well. The way she still thinks about who ā€shouldā€ be using foodbanks is sick, and now the way she talks about SB.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Hold on a minute - wasn't dinner a slow cooker stifado? Was SB browning the beef and onions before he went to school, in which case why is she only telling the story of him almost hilariously setting fire to himself just now, when we know that she has to spew every single one of her tedious thoughts into the twitterverse as soon as they enter her head.

(Actually, I'm now imagining her lying in bed, calling instructions to SB to "get the tea on" which probably checks out.)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
All so well said but particularly this part.
Oh yes. And for those who have (luckily) never experienced depression, you'll also hear things like: she's got a lovely house and a good husband, no money worries - and she's just become a grandmother! So what on earth has 'she' got to be depressed about???

I honestly believe that people who've never suffered from depression themselves, think that others who do, are just simply lacking a little bit of excitement in their lives. Oh if only it was that simple ...

• Heart
Reactions: 73
simply lacking a little bit of excitement in their lives.
Some people who are dissatisfied with their life but too lazy to help themselves will self-diagnose depression as the reason for their life.

Jack needs to find her Eat, Pray, Love in life. She's not mentally ill, nor neuro-divergent. She's idle and self-entitled.

And a liar. Liar.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'd forgotten about that already. šŸ˜‚ What an absolute quirky rollercoaster ride her life is. :rolleyes:

Also, since I'm on a permanent grunk, so this is very late - I watched the Pointless episode with my 72yo mum, who has got very into Twitter since lockdown. It was a repeat and Mum said that she didn't know of Jack when the first episode was aired, but does now, so I softly and gently asked her what she thought of Jack. "Well, she's always going on about being poor, when she's obviously not, and her recipes look disgusting."
Your mum is a totes ledge šŸ‘

• Heart
Reactions: 26
So she now has just the one working tv in the house, is that right? And she keeps it ā€¦ in her bedroom.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Some people who are dissatisfied with their life but too lazy to help themselves will self-diagnose depression as the reason for their life.

Jack needs to find her Eat, Pray, Love in life. She's not mentally ill, nor neuro-divergent. She's idle and self-entitled.

And a liar. Liar.
Ugh yes Orphy B and @Sketchy
I have it made, I feel like the luckiest woman in the world, Iā€™ve got great friends and family, a job I like, and I rent a flat with me and my cat. I donā€™t want for anything more, all I want is for my mind to be better again so I can actually appreciate and enjoy what I have. Depression doesnā€™t necessarily mean that your life is ā€œbadā€ (of course for some people thatā€™s part of it though).

@HotesTilaire I just want the tinned fish era back too šŸ˜­, although was it @Onestorytoomany who really struggled with all the fish??

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Ugh yes Orphy B and @Sketchy
I have it made, I feel like the luckiest woman in the world, Iā€™ve got great friends and family, a job I like, and I rent a flat with me and my cat. I donā€™t want for anything more, all I want is for my mind to be better again so I can actually appreciate and enjoy what I have. Depression doesnā€™t necessarily mean that your life is ā€œbadā€ (of course for some people thatā€™s part of it though).

@HotesTilaire I just want the tinned fish era back too šŸ˜­, although was it @Onestorytoomany who really struggled with all the fish??
Oh yes my love, those of us who understand, *understand* ... in spades. ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Hold on a minute - wasn't dinner a slow cooker stifado? Was SB browning the beef and onions before he went to school, in which case why is she only telling the story of him almost hilariously setting fire to himself just now, when we know that she has to spew every single one of her tedious thoughts into the twitterverse as soon as they enter her head.

(Actually, I'm now imagining her lying in bed, calling instructions to SB to "get the tea on" which probably checks out.)
The thumbed chicken thing was also going into the slow cooker!

• Sick
Reactions: 26
Your mum is a totes ledge šŸ‘
Aww - thank you - she is. Came from a genuine working class background (her dad was from Southwark and worked on the docks, then as a binman, her mum was a machinist, and she grew up on a council estate in a mining town in the Midlands.) Thanks to the Labour government she was able to get a job in the Civil Service straight from school. Dad (he's DEAD) came from a similarly poor family of subsistence farmers, but went to grammar school and became an architect. She's very comfortably off herself, but is totally aware of how much harder it is for the generations younger than her, and gets very angry about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Such a loving kind and selfless mum to let a child take the glory from his Baby Jane mommy dearest mum.
And just backhandely tell everyone on the internet your SB is a liar instead hey?
The only reason she told the teatowel story is to pat herself on the back for not kicking off.
She would have done had OH / faux H not been there.
Cupace20220528011536.png

Cupace20220528012008.png

Aww - thank you - she is. Came from a genuine working class background (her dad was from Southwark and worked on the docks, then as a binman, her mum was a machinist, and she grew up on a council estate in a mining town in the Midlands.) Thanks to the Labour government she was able to get a job in the Civil Service straight from school. Dad (he's DEAD) came from a similarly poor family of subsistence farmers, but went to grammar school and became an architect. She's very comfortably off herself, but is totally aware of how much harder it is for the generations younger than her, and gets very angry about it.
We've got a few canny parents and grandparents of canal members. They see Jack for what she is and they all deserve a golden pineapple containing bromelain which isn't denatured ā¤ or maybe some lion bars sent in the post will do.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
If there's one thing that shows Jack up in a lie (apart from it being, you know, Jack Monroe) it's when she says "Ah I'm in bed at the mo, so I'll show you/check for you/wing it over in the morning." So choc-a-bloc full of dung it's unreal.

You do love trying to 'prove' things to tits on the internet Jack. You literally typed out a list of every 'job' you've had since birth yesterday šŸ˜‚
Not to mention the screenshots of one of your many bank accounts, photos of random numbers writer on scraps of paper at A&E, messages to Corbyn...you spend your life on Twitter trying to 'prove' things to the internet hon

PS, I would not put it past her to read this on her grunk and go set fire to a teatowel and take a pic of it šŸ¤”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Blimey, sheā€™s still going. Same DHOTY squig from earlier today.

3430E19B-034E-4FB5-AE7F-EE9BE0D28BD2.jpeg

033F95D6-86D5-4C03-9772-3A2B9FA99F62.jpeg

55F83353-C9DD-4D3A-B212-DD04644F4344.jpeg

029CD60E-FDF4-4AC7-8C46-703A292130AC.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
ā€œTake care on the stairs you pretend to fall down repeatedlyā€ for thread title nomination!
Written by - a squig

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.