Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also Jack you clownshoe, you bought a leg of goat the other day then 4 mcplants. Stop wanting on about leg oF lamb and champagne, you sound ridiculous

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I really like this post. It's so important to acknowledge that politics isn't a Disney film with a hero and a villain (and a talking animal sidekick for comic relief, which I guess in the British context would be the Lib Dems?). It takes maturity to say, "I don't like Party X but I do like this policy of theirs." Jack really, really doesn't have that maturity.
Just shows how bleeping simple she is with her Tory Bad Everyone Else Good bolleaux

Reactions: 15
Lol.
'I didn't SAY it was MY picture. I was too busy WORKING on the haunted birdscape to take an actual photo. But you carry on complaining about me sharing a beautiful photo with you all at no extra charge whilst single handedly saving LIVES.
Good evening and have a lovely DAY.'

5 minutes later 'prints of this picture will soon be available to you for FREE, just subscribe to my patreon and I'll pop down to the post office with 23000 of them in my rucksack'

2 years later
' what do you MEAN you never received it? I'm out here in the wild schooling governments and you're complaining about not receiving a FREE picture lifted from the INTERNET?
I don't even drive and work 100 hours per week mate, but yeah I'll just yomp the 40 minute walk to the post office to mail you YOUR free picture, while people literally STARVE waiting for me to get back on this haunted bird app.
Stay well friend'

I saw someone wearing them in real life a few weeks ago and they looked as *special* as you’d expect.
🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I’m genuinely glad for her if doing those things has helped her, and I know depression can affect people in many different ways, but this has pissed me off.

So many people who don’t understand depression will give well-meaning advice like “spend time with people you love!“ or ”do things that make you happy!”. But for some of us it’s not that simple, the way depression has hit me at the moment means that my brain rejects anything nice, I don’t mean to, but I pull away from anything good.
It’s hard to explain, and it’s hard for people to understand.

So (to me) messages like Jack’s just reinforce the misunderstanding of a really debilitating and complex illness.

Sorry for the me-rail parts of this post, but it’s part of a bigger picture, of all the things Jack appropriates then misrepresents.

Edited to add. I forgot, my point was, it’s not always that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Only for today, I bloody hope so Τζάκ

Για μας!
She’s saying Just For Today, as in the recovery slogan.

only Jack could take a simple yet gorgeous dish like stifhado and turn it into depressing slop.

I would love to know what the last straw with Harold was. If indeed Harold has departed the stage. Pure speculation yer honour!

Reactions: 21
It again manages the feat of being greasy and sloppy and dry as duck. 0/10 would never eat.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Real stifhado has big soft lumps of rabbit or beef, and juicy shallot onions, all slow cooked so it’s soft and sweeeettt. I don’t know what that yellow stuff she’s sprinkled on it is, and she also seems to have smothered it in some sort of dried herb mixture. None of this is necessary. Only vinegar or white wine vinegar to sweeten during cooking.

She is insulting the motherland.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It again manages the feat of being greasy and sloppy and dry as duck. 0/10 would never eat.
Would any of us eat anything she has ever produced?

I think we all know the answer to that.

(peach and chickpea curry peeps- changing the recipe doesn’t count!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.