Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Four hours between these two tweets:

Screenshot_20220527-182217_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220527-182222_Twitter.jpg

She is so, so thick. This is a classic Jack chaos - blinded by her political tribalism, she's accidentally advocating for something she should, in theory, be dead against.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I once worked 7 days a week while living 'chaotically'. Five in a head shop and two in a tattoo shop. Obviously I didn't have kids and sometimes literally didn't sleep. I'm not bragging, you just do things when you're young(ish). Plenty friends did similar! I've also had day jobs in cafes and night jobs in pubs. Boo boo! Unlike poor Jack, I got paid and was happy to be funding my own modest life style.
Yup did office job temping 9 til 5 and then 4 hours off before club bar tending til 3am 4 nights a week. Only managed it for a month as brutal doing both so ended up doing the clubs for a while then temping. It’s known as trying to get started in employment Jack, we don’t all walk straight into a to a job at our dads work. My first full time job salary in 2006 was £17k. Training contract. Didn’t get anywhere near 27 until qualified which meant studying as well as working so she was a complete idiot to give that up.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’m really worried that she has confused the (shortened) name Naga with the extremely hot Naga chilli. If so, she is woefully, woefully wrong to think that when shortened Nagalakshmi means hot or fire. Just for extra insult/injury there is a complex delicate political situation with the Naga people- can’t remember the details but in any case their name doesn’t mean fire either and they don’t have anything to do with the pepper.
Mr V loves a Naga curry - I know it’s v hot. I would never assume someone named Naga was was in any way named after a chilli and tweet about it. Just how rude. See didn’t even know Naga’s full name - so why on earth would you assume you know all about it Jack you cretin?

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Yup did office job temping 9 til 5 and then 4 hours off before club bar tending til 3am 4 nights a week. Only managed it for a month as brutal doing both so ended up doing the clubs for a while then temping. It’s known as trying to get started in employment Jack, we don’t all walk straight into a to a job at our dads work. My first full time job salary in 2006 was £17k. Training contract. Didn’t get anywhere near 27 until qualified which meant studying as well as working so she was a complete idiot to give that up.
I’m certain that there was a better mood in control when she did.

Reactions: 21
I didn’t think I’d ever post on these threads but well here I am haha this annoyed me so so much!! Like instant hypocrisy & contradiction?!
Has she actually read what will be happening? Everyone gets £400 (good news imo) and then these other groups that are already on mean tested benefits get another payment.

Pensions or dla / pip entitles someone to additional payments.

She is so lost in the fact that 'That Man' will be getting £400 that everything else falls over the side. She fails to see that many families will get more on top of this, which is also good. Too busy twisting about the small percentage of very high earners who will also get it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I didn’t think I’d ever post on these threads but well here I am haha this annoyed me so so much!! Like instant hypocrisy & contradiction?!
My old eyes can’t read that, did she get a payment?👵🏻👵🏻

Reactions: 15
See how she properly backs down the minute someone with a high-follower count calls her out, but is condescending and snarky to the 'plebs'? That's who she is. How she imagines she could represent the public is beyond me. She's only interested in herself and her own reputation.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I'm sure this is a recent thing of hers, implying that she is the only person doing any work to tackle issues xyz? She's said this a number of times recently; she didn't always have quite that level of arrogance. It's bloody insulting to all the people out there working really hard, and putting solutions into action. She completely fails to acknowledge the efforts of others, such is her obsession with herself. She's quite possibly the most selfish person I've ever come across, and in my career I've worked with some very challenging, sociopathic characters. 😕
I know it’s ridiculous. Like there are no other poverty campaigners in the world, no social workers, DWP workers, left wing economists, charity workers and volunteers.

also - it’d Be one thing if she was actually working hard to solve an issue - but going on Twitter and doing interviews is not that.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Has she actually read what will be happening? Everyone gets £400 (good news imo) and then these other groups that are already on mean tested benefits get another payment.

Pensions or dla / pip entitles someone to additional payments.

She is so lost in the fact that 'That Man' will be getting £400 that everything else falls over the side. She fails to see that many families will get more on top of this, which is also good. Too busy twisting about the small percentage of very high earners who will also get it.
Yes, and THAT MAN has today, on his birthday, given and received a lot of love. He’s made it clear that he’s very content, with a gushing gratitude post. That’s the exact thing Jack is missing - contentment. That’s why she’s so incredibly miserable and bitter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I know it’s ridiculous. Like there are no other poverty campaigners in the world, no social workers, DWP workers, left wing economists, charity workers and volunteers.

also - it’d Be one thing if she was actually working hard to solve an issue - but going on Twitter and doing interviews is not that.
Meanwhile, she's hired to lecture these exact same people - people who are actually on the frontline and doubtless know far, far more than her. Some grift, eh.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
She *was* actually arguing earlier for it to be means tested, she's gaslighting people by saying that's not what she was doing. She's a slippery little snek who takes everyone for idiots and when she's wrong she just tries to verbally wriggle out of it and pretends that she meant the direct opposite of what she was saying. Ghastly person.

download.png

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
Remember when Jack used to try and knit weetabix squares? Good times! That blanket must be the size of Shoeburyness Asda carpark by now!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.