Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's version of events is that she had severe anorexia as a teenager. She recovered when she joined the fire service and started benchpressing monarchs, then she got pregnant and that fully cured her.

A lot of women who have had EDs actually relapae around pregnancy/childbirth - your body may not feel like your own anymore, you experience a major loss of control, and then there are the complexities of PPD etc. This is an area of healthcare that's been criminally neglected because women's health usually is, but pregnancy is a time when women are very vulnerable to MH issues, especially if they have a history already (severe anorexia), and especially if they spend their pregnancy suffering DV at the hands of an abusive partner, as Jack has claimed. Despite all of this, Jack's pregnancy marked the end of her severe anorexia.

Literal starvation would probably also cause a relapse in someone who has had an ED. Fortunately there is very little research in this area (fortunately because it's such a rare situation), but the Minnesota Starvation Experiment showed that patients with an extreme calorie deficit started to exhibit ED behaviour. If Jack were literally starving, and if Jack had previously suffered from anorexia, she would likely have relapsed...but by all accounts, she didn't.

TLDR: Jack lies about having anorexia. Jack lies about being starving. Jack lies about having a toaster FFS!
Yes to all you said, and also Jack said she had severe anorexia for 10 years, the implication being it started at grammar school. So even assuming early onset at 11 (rare) she'd still have it at 21, which then crosses over into the fire service, during which she could also apparently carry 3 men on her shoulders (unlikely with severe ED) and also the pregnancy, after which she started starving 'for real' due to material poverty. As you imply, NONE of it makes any sense at all and not much of it rings true. I absolutely believe she has / had an ED as she exhibits some of the behaviours, but not in the way she claims and it doesn't fit with the other things she claims in the same timeline.

Reactions: 50
This squiggle seems a bit odd but I wonder how the conversation is going?View attachment 1298295
The top one (football squig) I used to think was a sock 🤣
He used to interact with her with sort of half praising her half questioning her way.
Then one day the FMs bit and it soon became apparent that this was NOT a sock!!
The bottom one is a decent person who genuinely calls her out without being snarky.
I get the impression they either know Jack or knows people who know her.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
My energy direct debit is £250 a month I cannot imagine having £90 to cover rent, other bills, food, it literally doesn't add up
The £343 isnt for rent, that's a seperate element.

I don't want to derail..
but I think it's worth an example for the Monroe as she reads here, and anyone else that's curious.

UC is made.up of elements.

I get:

Standard
Housing
Child

Housing is help toward rent, in my case it pays £373 of £550

Standard is what the government believe an adult needs to pay everything else, including topping up the rest of the rent, this is going to be £343 (so out of this I have to pay £160ish to top up rent) the rest is my food, council tax, insurance, fuel, gas, electric, new cook books from my favourite cookery book writer... 🤪 etc etc.

Child is to cover what a child needs, in my case £282. This covers her food, clothes, uniform etc.

It all comes in as one monthly payment of under £1000.
Once rents paid, I've got £450 in total to pay
Electric, gas, fuel, insurance, council tax, TV, phone, internet, food, etc

This £650 payment will be welcome, don't get me wrong, but it won't raise our standard of living at all. We are at the bottom of society. My physical and mental health keep me trapped ATM, but that's another detail altogether.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Follow up to the Erin Brockovitch stuff;

Screenshot_20220527-163421.png

Guffaw!! Just like you get around to all those things...

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Days of the knotted earrings.

Come back knotted earrings. We took you for granted. We never appreciated your understated, simple looks.

Where are you knotted earrings? Banished to the sideboard of doom? Where lesser earrings of the non-Tiffany brand go to die?

Come back.

Come back.

Come back.
I’ve got a nice little earworm now 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Jack's hot takes going down like a bucket of slop...

Screenshot_20220527-163825.png

Screenshot_20220527-163919.png

ETA bottom blue Jackophobe squig is a pro Boris account

Also now backtracking after the Aaron Bastani confrontation...
Screenshot_20220527-164626.png

She obviously just lazily thought of the first criticism that entered her head and went all in with the tepid rage dervishing.

No attempt at a coherent argument or stance. Absolutely incredible scenes!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Just couldn’t leave jacks ‘gloriously autistic’ comment alone. It is so offensive to keep doing this. I absolutely understand the idea of treating neuro-diversity as a gift. However, for so many it’s a life-altering sentence not a gift.

I’ve worked with parents with Autistic kids and it is so incredibly hard. I know parents who’ve never had a smile from their child in 20 years. Or never been told ‘I love you’ or indeed have been told by psychologists that their child doesn’t understand the concept of love.

She says ‘deep dive’ like it’s a fun hobby. I know people who cannot get their child to school unless they’ve reached block 1 million on minecraft & will literally collapse crying and screaming if they can’t.

I know parents who have had to give up careers to become carers. People on anti anxiety medication because they’re so afraid of the next call from the SEN school.

I know a family who booked a dream holiday to Disneyland (their son would only ever watch the film Cinderella on tv) who had to cancel it all because in the airport the tannoy system squeaked & their son freaked out.

It is gross to keep bathing in the ‘glory’ of an un-statemented diagnosis of something which can be completely debilitating & soul destroying for others & their families.

(I should add that the love & self sacrifice of so many of those parents is truly incredible & inspiring. And some of my most humbling moments have been seeing parents react to their children doing the smallest, most wonderful things. One teenager said thank you to a volunteer at our group one week & his mum burst into tears of pride & joy).
Thank you - autistic parent of two kids who would quite often pass for ‘normal’ but it’s still bloody hard and her comments are so very offensive

• Heart
Reactions: 55

View attachment 1298464

View attachment 1298465

View attachment 1298481

She obviously just lazily thought of the first criticism that entered her head and went all in with the tepid rage dervishing.

Also it's not easy as Jack makes out as evidenced by the lack of people who desperately needed but are waiting for the cost of living payment- due to various GDPR regulations, etc it's not as simple as just having the information- additionally what if a person's situation has changed, out of date info, etc- it's a HUGE amount of work and I should know as I'm stuck having to deal with all these schemes..

• Heart
Reactions: 35

View attachment 1298464

View attachment 1298465

View attachment 1298481

I really hope she didn’t actually have friends round for lunch, being a friend of her’s must be torture enough without being force fed slop.

Luckily it’s not likely that she has friends at all is it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She's like the most junior person in the office who spends all day alternately eating cereal, sighing and huffing back and forth to the photocopier/thermostat/radio, making passive aggressive signs and slagging off the staff on the other floor, but thinks the place couldn't possibly function without her. One of Jack's Mother Hen types. The last time I worked with someone like that was 15 years ago, the world has moved on, but some people haven't.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Still no company accounts:

Has Jack paid the rest of the teemill money to charity yet?
So over a year after the "pay up your taxes or else" deadline has slipped

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
every time jack wails about being the only person ‘doing the legwork on this’ i come here to try and type out my thoughts but i feel so angry and frustrated that i can’t articulate them.
I’ve been in meetings today hearing from people working minimum wage night jobs as single support workers in 40-person unit housing projects, dealing with emergencies day after day with barely any support yet somehow managing to hold it all together…. just one example of millions jobs like this with people doing actual tangible work with actual people, yet jack thinks she is single handedly saving the world and deserves constant praise for lying around on her lazy bleeping arse sending out practically indecipherable tweets about how tired and furious she is and occasionally slinging lentils and cheap processed bacon into a slow cooker. I absolutely dislike her she is USELESS.
I'm sure this is a recent thing of hers, implying that she is the only person doing any work to tackle issues xyz? She's said this a number of times recently; she didn't always have quite that level of arrogance. It's bloody insulting to all the people out there working really hard, and putting solutions into action. She completely fails to acknowledge the efforts of others, such is her obsession with herself. She's quite possibly the most selfish person I've ever come across, and in my career I've worked with some very challenging, sociopathic characters. 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.