Jack Monroe #313 You people are weird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBF, her making a cake in the slow cooker can't be much worse than her attempts to make it the traditional way. I still can't believe that this was the photo used for a professional collab.

View attachment 1296036
I can't believe this is the same person who attempts to sell her photography. The thing which you are paid to promote should be IN focus, the inedible jizzed on sandpaper/brick mashup should for all our sakes be OUT of focus. There's not enough custard in the world to save that.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
I can't believe this is the same person who attempts to sell her photography. The thing which you are paid to promote should be IN focus, the inedible jizzed on sandpaper/brick mashup should for all our sakes be OUT of focus. There's not enough custard in the world to save that.
I’m getting a waft of school dinner cake from it

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I am glad only a few thousand people could be arsed telling her what day they went shopping on.
Comments 'wiiiide open'. Who gives a flying duck. I hope that is what her followers were thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She's probably using so many words incorrectly because she's a gibbering intellectually malnourished pillock but it really does feel like she's doing it on purpose to annoy me. Well I have news for you pal: the spite only fuels me 😈 Behold, the latest Jacktionary update! Eight new words added, seven of them originating from the last few days. That's writer, author and journalist Jack Monroe everyone. Big round of applause for Jack 👏
I’ve just read your updates. I was on the edge of a hairpin reading that! Chapeau!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I heard Martin Lewis on The World at One shortly after The Chancellor's statement.
He spoke to Rishi on Monday, stressing what he saw as the most crucial concerns. Broadly, these related to people on benefits, pensioners and the disabled. He thought the loan element (£200 off energy bills) was not a good idea. He actually said (with cavets to say he hadn't seen all the details) that he was pleased with what had been announced. He thought it was better than expected and said it would be churlish of him to not acknowledge that most of what he had been shouting and wailing about for the last 6 months had been covered!
That's how to do campaigning, Jackie. You have the shouty, sweary bit but you also have to have the humility and intelligence to discuss matters calmly with those who count.

Poor Martin. I guess the game of monopoly is off. :D

They were talking about the rising levels of fraud/error in UC claims on the World at One today.
BBC website:
Universal credit fraud is at a record high of 13% of all spending on the benefit, costing the taxpayer £5.6bn.

It definitely needs action. Hating the Tories doesn't change that.
There was a relaxing of some rules at the start of the pandemic and some organised criminal gangs have also targeted this benefit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
TBF, her making a cake in the slow cooker can't be much worse than her attempts to make it the traditional way. I still can't believe that this was the photo used for a professional collab.

View attachment 1296036
I suppose the one good thing about the Superdrug gig is that she can't actually cook anything for them.
Unless she's using one of her mouldy orange peel in salt 'bath soaks'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I suppose the one good thing about the Superdrug gig is that she can't actually cook anything for them.
Don't give her ideas FFS...

"And this strawberry scented lip cream can be used as icing on a cupcake.. just melt it with a hairdryer.."

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Unless she's using one of her mouldy orange peel in salt 'bath soaks'
Just don't do a Jack line of soaps, Superdrug. The nation has suffered enough x

• Haha
Reactions: 35
My husband’s just told me the BBC are stopping Radio 4. Too much Jack tipped them over the edge?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Funny how Jack was happy enough with the government’s laissez-faire distribution of wads of cash when she was claiming furlough for her assistant who was able to work from home throughout lockdown, but now has a bee in her bonnet about their lack of due diligence.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
My husband’s just told me the BBC are stopping Radio 4. Too much Jack tipped them over the edge?
Dear Heart you frightened me (The Archers is my guilty pleasure).
It’s Radio 4 Xtra that’s getting the boot! And Channel 4 will be online only (didn’t you know they’re so far up JO arse?! Not interested in Slop TV)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.